Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News:

My Community

Author Topic: lr vs Mag cylinder?  (Read 1948 times)

Voodoo6

• Probational user
lr vs Mag cylinder?
« on: 10 »
hey all, been lurking for a while and reading as ive become the proud papa of a Pug.

mine came with 2 cylinders so i assumed one is for lr and the other for magnums rounds.... but how do you tell the difference between the two? i cant find any obvious markings and magnum rounds fit just as easily into both of them. how do i tell which is which?

also, the while the mag rounds fit nice and snug in both, lr rounds are a bit loose in both. did i get 2 mag cylinders? i got it from GanderMountain and the people there are of no help.
« Last Edit: 10 by Voodoo6 »

Dinadan

• Bulls-eye
Re: lr vs Mag cylinder?
« Reply #1 on: 11 »
Voodoo - sorry to tell you, but if mags fit into both cylinders, then both are mag cylinders. Mags will not go into a LR cylinder. Seems like I have read about some minis coming with two mag cylinders.

Bigbird48

• I support LGBTQ lets get Biden to Quit
  • Bulls-eye
  • Semper Fi Clic the little World Icon below.
    • Arizona Lazer
« Reply #2 on: 11 »
All I can tell ya is I have a ruger 22 and the Mag cylinder is clearly marked Magnum. It sounds like you might have got 2 mag cylinders as with my Ruger the mags won't fit into the LR

Voodoo6

• Probational user
« Reply #3 on: 11 »
lol, well crap. so much for a the mini mags and shorts i bought in advance for practice rounds!

thanks for the help. i assumed mag rounds wouldnt fit the lr cyl but just decided to check.. and sure enough the mags fit both. oh well.

bbgun

• Middle Ring
« Reply #4 on: 11 »
Same thing happened to me last month.  I bought a minimag in 22mag with 2 cylinders.  I just assumed one would be 22LR.  Nope.  Both were 22Mag.  Had to send it back to get the LR cylinder.
They do sell them that way, with two 22Mag cylinders.  So watch out, if you buy one make sure of the second cylinder.  Took a long time to get it back.  Make sure one of the cylinders has an L on the front, indicating Long Rifle.

millsriver

• Outer ring
« Reply #5 on: 13 »
Except for cylinder bore size, they are very much alike. The LR cylinder has an "L" stamped on the front, but is not too noticeable. I ordered a LR cylinder for my BW and to make it easier, I got a fluted cylinder for the LR and the non-fluted cylinder for the Mag.
When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

Bigbird48

• I support LGBTQ lets get Biden to Quit
  • Bulls-eye
  • Semper Fi Clic the little World Icon below.
    • Arizona Lazer
« Reply #6 on: 14 »
now ya all got me worried as I just ordered the North American Arms BLACK WIDOW 22M/LR 2IN I hope it comes with the right 2 cylinders (LOL)I have 2 other Magnums but wanted a LR to plink with.

grayelky

• Bulls-eye
« Reply #7 on: 15 »
Two mag cylinders is some folks concept of a "speed reload". As stated previously, the LR cylinder will have an "L" stamped on the end where the bullet exits. Sometimes it is much easier to find it you clean off the black residue prior to looking for it. Some on here have marked theirs in various ways such as a black marker or a dab of paint.

Bigbird48-
If yours was marked 22M/22LR, your gun will shoot LR and MAG. The time to be concerned is when it simply says, "2 cylinders".

Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

MikeSSS

• Gun Fumbler
« Reply #8 on: 13 »
I looked at two mini mags yesterday.  One had a mag cylinder and a cylinder marked with an L on the front, between the cylinders.  The other had two mag cylinders. 

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines
Page created in 0.105 seconds with 25 queries.