Shoo-fly

Started by coinchop, March-21-12 17:03

Previous topic - Next topic

coinchop

Went out by a creek that runs through two culverts under a gravel road, and plinked my way through 400 22LR rounds. Many through a s&w 617, and some through a 22LR Mini Master. Was about ready to go home and as I started to leave I saw that somebody had cleaned a bunch of fish that had been caught somewhere else, and threw the heads and whatever in the ditch by the water. Flies every where. All from 3 to 5 yards. Must have shot a hundard flies. Best shot was 4 flies, one shot. At 3 cents a shot, more flies is better. Shot most of them with the Smith, but some with the Mini master. Mini is not much of a huntin gun, but it got some flies. You probably won't see this written up in American Handgunner, but thats their loss. Be grasshopper time before you know it, and I will be ready..../

Gone...

redhawk4

I hate flies, shoot a few for me Coinchop - sounds like fun
Old Enough to Know Better - Still Too Young to Care

I "Acted the Fool" so often in School they made me get an Equity Card

gunr

Gotta git this one in!

A wife who had been out shopping arrived home to find her husband staring at the kitchen table with flyswatter in hand. She asked him what he had been doing while she was out.

he told her he had been killing fly's, He told her he had killed 5 males, and 7 females.  

She asked him how he could tell the difference!  

He said that 5 had been sitting on an empty beer can, and the the other 7 were over on the phone!

chopprs

Ta-dom-dom-Pshshshs

You should be in Vaudeville!

pogo

Mr. Beam speaking, I presume?

chopprs

Nope, only one beer with dinner tonight Pegger!

Gotta get up before noon to go golfing tomorrow!

Dinadan

Coinchop - I have never tried shooting flies (sure wanted to at times).  

The only insects I ever shot were bumblebees. When I was a kid the bumblebees  

started living in the ceiling of our porch, right over the swing. Whenever someone  

sat in the swing and started rocking it the bees would come out and sting the offending  

party. My dad kind of ignored the problem until my sister's boyfriend got stung: then he  

declared a feud with the bees: no quarter given or taken. We took turns sitting by the  

porch (NOT in the swing) and shooting the  bees with .22 ratshot when they entered or  

left their hole. Within a few days we had wiped out the bees and swung peacefully  

thereafter. When I am eating lunch in my work truck maybe I should try that  

solution to annoying flies!

gunr

I have a Crossman .177 air pistol that I shoot flies with. I pump it up the full ten times, and do NOT put a pellet in, and get the barrel within a couple of inches of the the pesky little basttard! It really sends them on a supersonic trip! Lots of fun.

I also have one of those "sportsman flyswatters. The one with a hole in the middle, to give them a chance. I taped the hole shut with masking tape! Pesky little bastards!

coinchop

Dinadan.

Bees, Made me remember a few years ago I was on the river ice on a nice day in a old Ford work pickup. I was sgooting a Ruger MK 11, as it was a nice day. Bee landed on the windsheild , and I waited till he moved to the bottom of the door. Shot him. Was so much fun that within a couple of years truck had many bullet holes. Covered a lot of them with duct tape and labels off plastic shell boxes. Drove people crazy trying to figure out why truck was full of bullet holes. Told a lot of them I was mad at it. Was funny.../

chopprs

...so you shot your OWN TUCK?

Didn't you think you might hit something underneath that would cause it to not function?

Uncle_Lee

Gunr,

Been there, done that with a Crossman .177.

Blows them up big time.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

coinchop

Always made my wife get out of the truck before I shot it.../

On flies--Sisters kid when young in school, would catch big fly and tie black thread to one leg and then watch it fly in a circle.  Showed mw once, funny.

Back to shot truck---got rid of it. Went through flood. Wouldn't float, cab leaked.

chopprs

......well I can't imagine why the cab leaked! LOL

gunr

Ever try this with a fly?

First you got to catch one........ALIVE!

Then you drown him! I know, it sounds cruel! But wait! Were gonna bring him back!

After there no more movement, and your sure he's taking the dirt nap, or in this case, the water nap, place him on a paper towel and cover him up completely with regular table salt, and wait. In a short while you will see the salt move around. That's Mr. fly emerging from his temporary grave! Pretty soon he will be moving around like nothing happened.

Warning! Don't try this with your wife, no matter how bad dinner was last night. Do like Chops does, throw her down the stairs instead!.................................................

And don't forget to have here bring you some suds on the way back up.

Chops, what the hell you keeping your beer in the basement for?

chopprs

It's not, in the kitchen between the stairs and couch!

Strategically placed.

coinchop

Went back to the fishhead pile today, but it was cool out and there wern't many flies. Shot a few and wounded some that took a second shot. Couple of  wounded ones looked like a small airplane spinning with one wing. Yesterday was hot and it would have been a good day for a fly shoot, but I did bug control with my motorcycle windschield instead, on a 275 mile ride. There's more than one way to kill a fly./ We even went to a couple of gun stores. One of them had a S&W model 60 J-frame 3 inch barrel Pro-Series. That would be a 357. Was love at first feel! Have a 5 inch barrel model, so I am still fighting the urge. The old need thing has a lot of power. Its hard for me to cast bullets and reload, and waste them on recycled grass piles.