Teen survives spear through his head... and remains conscious!

Started by cedarview kid, June-19-12 18:06

Previous topic - Next topic

blazinwv

chopprs

I saw that on the news this morning. The spear head went through the back of his head and Doctors unscrewed the Spear head and pulled it out. It went through the right side of his brain so his spech is not affected. Amazing!

cedarview kid

Makes you think they could have saved President Lincoln, if he hadn't been attended to by a high-society family doctor, instead of an experienced Civil War doctor.

bud

cedarview kid

chopprs

Lincoln was brain dead when he was shot. He lived for a while but he would have been a vegetable anyway.

McKinley would have lived had they not gone digging around for the bullet like they did!

cedarview kid

How do you know that? Immediately after the shooting, the hole in his head was probed to see if they could remove the bullet, increasing the pressure in his brain and possibly damaging it.

I've seen "documentary" shows that suggest that if Lincoln had an experienced war doctor caring for him, he would have survived. Brain damaged, tho, like Brady? I dunno. Maybe. Not much use speculating now.

Uncle_Lee

No, not much use in speculating now. Old age would have got him by now.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

bud

Killing Lincoln is a good read written by Bill O'reilly. It pretty much explains his death, and being brain dead when he was shot.