Kel tek PMR 30???

Started by sirbarkalot, October-15-10 16:10

Previous topic - Next topic

sirbarkalot

Has anyone gotten their hands on one of these new 22 magnum, 30 round semi auto pistols yet?  I am now seeing them for sale on Gunbroker.

This MAY be the one that breaks me of my "no plastic gun" position.  19 ounces, full loaded with 30 rounds.  GunBlast article gave it great review.  He says they getting 1400+- from the barrel of just over 4 inches.

Anyone out there that can tell us more?

Barky

chopprs

Barky, I HATE plastic guns but I made a cognitive decision to carry a firearm that will with all likeliness not fail me and will not corrode when I am all sweaty in the summer. It is a simple fact of firearm evolution that the new stuff will be plastic and stainless. On the other hand I do not cherish my PM9 like I do my other guns as it is a tool. It has no personality. In the shop I buy and use only the best tools and it pays off to have stuff that does not fail. This is the same to me. I use it as intended and when it wears out I will have no remorse replacing it.

silvershooter

I'm just not much into semi-autos anymore, with them I waist ammo(and $'s) and when they jam I get frustrated which lessons the enjoyment of my hobby.  

That being said....a semi 22M with 30rd mag sounds fun.

It looks like Davidson's Distributors has them "allocated" so no quantity listed.

Item #   PMR-30   MSRP   $415.00   

Mfg   Kel-Tec   Your Price:   $294.00

Model   PMR-30 Lightweight   Sale Ends:     

Type   Semi-Automatic Pistol   Quantity:   Allocated

Caliber:   22M   Finish   Matte Black   

Additional Specifications

Action:   Single Action

Stock:   Black, Nylon Zytel

Capacity:   30+1

Sights:   Fiber Optics, Dovetailed Aluminum Front Sight

Barrel Length:   4.3" Fluted

Overall Length:   7.9"

Weight:   13.6 oz

Butt Plate Recoil Pad:   Urethane Recoil Buffer

# of Mags:   1

Additional Features 1:   Picatinny Accessory Rail, Coaxial Recoil Spring

Additional Features 2:   Heel Magazine Release

Shipping, Tax, and other additional fees may not be included until checkout!

silvershooter

save your money barky, I just looked at a pic and man that's one ugly gun...Glocks looks like prom queens next to this thing:

looks like it was built in my garage out of spare parts

chopprs

........whats wrong with one of these?

grayelky

Ugly? Yes, I have to agree. HOWEVER, 30 rounds in about 8 seconds is a force I will have on my side when they become available. Every time I talk to my sales rep, I ask about when they will be in. So far, no luck. He is the same guy that got me the Wasp as soon as Lipsey's got them. If you have not seen it yet, go to KTs site and check out the video: 90 rounds in 25 seconds. (KelTec made one or 2 in full auto just to show they will feed reliably.)

http://www.keltecweapons.com/video/">http://www.keltecweapons.com/video/

I am not aware of a .22 mag semi-auto currently being made. AMT made some years ago, but they were notorious for jamming.
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

grayelky

Chopprs-

Is that .22 mag or .22 LR?

chopprs

It is a .22LR but there are many, many rounds in that magazine.....

rjtravel

Viewed the vid - appears he was slowing down toward the end.  Are we sure this is SA?  It appears to be DAO.

chopprs

Here is the full auto PMR30 Tactical.

Looks like it holds 121 rounds!

silvershooter

gray, marlin used to make a 22M semi-auto rifle years ago. I'm not sure of it's characteristics though and I believe you're correct about the void of 22M semis on the market today.

ok, just saw the video plus this one:  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG1MwGX0CIM&feature=player_embedded#!            

(gunblast)

I want one! very little muzzle rise, amazing muzzle flash, fully auto was crazy...get ready for a shortage of 22M ammo and a rise in prices.

grayelky

There are still a couple of 22 mag semi auto rifles on the market - but not many.

I generally try to let my customers have first dibs at the neat guns that I get my hands on. Not this one, and not the first Wasp.

If anything, I suspect the price of .22 mag may come down with the increase in sales, and thus production.

chopprs

This is true. Honestly how much more than a .22LR can it cost to make? The small amount of extra powder and brass is nominal. I has to be production numbers cost as you said!

stungun

WORD!

Haven't seen the videos yet, but 30 rounds of 22mag seems right up my ally.

It's all about tradeoffs... and I could definitely trade beautiful looks for those unparalleled features.

chopprs

backporch22

I have an Excel 22m full stainless in semi auto.  It shoots way better than I do.  Still in business.

rhett

have been following the PMR-30, one report really exclaims them and deters me, after the barrel heats up, the round grouping expands = plastic frame.

want a bad-azz 22 lr = American SAR 180/275

that is right 165, 220 and 275 round .22LR drums (lexan / plastic).

been on my wish list for 25 years plus..... get the 180 round steel drum if possible. Originally known as the SAM-180.

psst, check out their ruger 10/22 Dual and Quad clip holders. #1 stuff.

grayelky

Rhett-

Only thing badder is a full auto version. I shot one in the late '70s. I been wanting one ever since!!

sirbarkalot

The Excel weighs A LOT more than 19 ounces loaded with 30 rounds.......... and costs a lot more and is bigger if I am not mistaken

Barky

chopprs

backporch22

Barky, your right heavier and only holds 9 rounds, but is very accurate.  just depends on what your looking for.

lewiss

OK, Stngun and Choppers, for those of us who are old and still think "groovy" is current slang, here's a translation:

WORD! = COOL!

WORD??? = Seriously?

If you were a surfer in the 1960's and 1970's:

WORD! = Tubular!

WORD??? = Bogus???

If you were a surfer in the 1980's:

WORD! = Dude!

WORD??? = Dude????

If you were into cars in the 1960's:

WORD! = Bitchin'!

WORD??? = Are you shinin' me?

scrounger

chopprs

silvershooter

"Word" is the shortened form of the phrase: "my word is my bond" which was originated by inmates in U.S. prisons. The longer phrase was shortened to "word is bond" before becoming "word," which is most commonly used. It basically means "truth." Or "to speak the truth."

"Word" has no single meaning, but is used to convey a casual sense of affirmation, acknowledgement, agreement, or to indicate that something has impressed you favorably.

Just keepin it "real" by lettin ALL da peeps know whutzup wid da expression WORD.  source:urbandictionary.com

bud

Well I'll be dipped!

sirbarkalot

Can someone explain to me, the attraction and recent movement, by intelligent, well spoken individuals, to adapt and use, a horribly destroyed version of the English language, commonly used by the MOST ignorant, lowest level of street criminal or thug, and for some reason think that is the thing to do???????

For the life of me, I cannot understand the adaption of such gutter slang and the use of something that makes you sound so stupid, when you are not................

Is it part of the true "dumbing down" of our Americal culture?

You have to be and function IN the world, not OF the world.

You know, the majority CAN be wrong...........

Happy Sunday

Barky

chopprs

It is my belief that the acceptance of this ridiculousness by Websters that incites the stupidity that speaking like this is ok.  

BTW, my use of the "WORD" is completely in sarcasm!

If someone comes in my shop and talks to me like that I ask them to leave and come back when they can speak the King's English!!!

rhett

LOL, ebonics

believe it or not, there was a movement here to have ebonics taught in the public school system, it failed.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ebonics">http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ebonics

What a world!

stungun

The attraction is called diversity.

Not everybody would like to dine on the same ol' cheese and crackers every day.

Language has, is, and will always be evolving.  I type my language just like I say it and everybody else says it... for example, "gonna, wanna, shoulda, woulda, coulda, ain't, i am the eggman, i am the eggman, i am the walrus, koo koo ka choo ka koooo kooo ka chooo ka kooooooooooooooo"

Walk it like I talk it.

Scribe it like I vibe it.

Word??

chopprs

.........Stungun pass me some of that Opium will ya?

bud

Remember when Nancy Pelosi said her  favorite word was-----the WORD!  

silvershooter

"Can someone explain to me, the attraction and recent movement, by intelligent, well spoken individuals, to adapt and use, a horribly destroyed version of the English language, commonly used by the MOST ignorant, lowest level of street criminal or thug, and for some reason think that is the thing to do???????"

imho---when the people have no vision they perish. seems to me that when you don't know who you are and have no higher role model of what you can become, that the individual will try to "fit in" with who/what they think is most popular. nothing new there: most kids/adults(older kids) want to feel apart of something bigger than themselves. If you watch other social creatures like chimpanzees the click/gang/imitation behavior is similar. The truly wise humans learn to derive their sense of personal being and worth from their intelligence, character, ability and desire to help others or otherwise progress in a positive manner: whether With the majority or if necessary acting alone. personally I like solitude/quietude/and taking the path less traveled.

couch session over for now, that will be $125 Barky ;) I'll lower my bill to $75 if you type the word "Word"...come on man you can do it...don't fight it, embracing change is healthy

cedarview kid

Looks like I'm going to have to get one of these, but it's in line behind the break-top. I used to have it's grandfather, the Grendel P30, which I sold for lack of reliability. I've kept my AMT Automag II, which is a steel .22 Magnum autoloader. Mine has the six-inch barrel and is a pretty cool gun. I recently had a gunsmith repair a bent firing pin and I need to get it back to the range for testing.

Even so, I think my .22 collection could use more .22 mags.

Dar