Probation Period

Started by BMS52, October-18-16 15:10

Previous topic - Next topic

smokeless joe

Quote from: Warty62 on April-26-18 17:04
reply #65 of this thread, just above.  Or maybe something is wrong with some setting on my side. ???
Here you go warty

ikoiko

The picture that Joe shows is what's in Mr .22s post #65, except in post 65, it is animated (gif).

Warthog

Thanks, not sure why it wouldn't load for me....
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

billmeek

What web browser are you using Warty?
Bill

I won't carry a laser device... unless it has stun, kill, and disintegrate settings.

Warthog

Safari, I have a Mac.  Never had a problem with animated gifs before, I am not too concerned though.  I have a Linux Box too that I can use to look at things too when it seems like the Mac isn't showing me what I thought I'd see. 8)
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

billmeek

In Safari go to Preferences/Websites/Auto-Play/When visiting other websites and change the option from 'Never Auto-Play' to 'Stop Media with Sound' (or optionally 'Allow All Auto-Play' depending on your preference).  That should correct the issue with Safari's 'automatic inference engine' which blocks the auto-play (including animated GIFs) on most websites. 

Reference: https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/websites-preferences-ibrwe2159f50/mac
Bill

I won't carry a laser device... unless it has stun, kill, and disintegrate settings.

Warthog

Bill, it was only the one that didn't show.  I see all the rest of them.  Thank you but it isn't a big deal and the preferences are set correctly. :)
-Albert Einstein

robbi

bet u are glad its over

Uncle_Lee

Robbi is off probation..............
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

smokeless joe

Warthog

Good for Robbi!  Congratulations!
-Albert Einstein

WyoShooter

Quote from: billmeek on April-21-18 12:04
One of the things that makes it difficult to post during the probationary period is the size of the verification image on a high resolution screen making reading the letters difficult with old eyes.  Just a reminder for anyone with the same issue: the zoom function of your web browser makes it a bit easier to read.  Windows is CTRL+ for zoom in and CTRL- to zoom out.  OSX is Command+ and Command- for zoom in/out.
Thanks for that information.  I knew about the zoom function and use it regularly when I'm on different web sites but I didn't realize how much the additional enlargement would help in reading the captchas.  I'm still serving my probationary sentence.   :D
Ed

billmeek

Glad you found it to be helpful Ed.
Bill

Uncle_Lee

Keep going WyoShooter, you are half way there.
God, Country, & Flag

smokeless joe

Quote from: uncle_lee on November-10-18 05:11
It's grueling bring a probate  ;)

WyoShooter

Quote from: smokeless joe on November-10-18 05:11
It's grueling bring a probate  ;)
Quote from: billmeek on November-09-18 10:11
Glad you found it to be helpful Ed.
Quote from: uncle_lee on November-10-18 05:11

Thanks Guys, I'll be patient and just keep reading and posting occasionally while I'm waiting for my BW to arrive.  After I'm off probation and have my BW I'll try posting some pictures. 
Ed

Uncle_Lee

Tell me, how do you get multi-quotes??
I only know how to get one per post....
(please)
God, Country, & Flag

billmeek

Copy and paste uncle_lee.
Bill

Honky Tonk Man

Rookie error!  If you only put one quote per post, you'll get to 15 posts quicker.  lol 
How many are in the approval hopper Wyo?
Silence is Golden - Duct Tape is Silver

Warthog

I don't quote a lot, go back and read who I reply to is my deal. :)  Anyway, many people either put me on their ignore list or simply do so as a mater of course, so why quote them? 8)
-Albert Einstein

Honky Tonk Man

Warty, I was just kidding.  Wyo quoted three people on one post.  Just saying if he quoted one person per post, he would have been even closer to getting past his probation 15 post number.  I was jokingly trying to help him.  It had nothing to do with you. 

Warthog

Quote from: Honky Tonk Man on November-10-18 19:11
Warty, I was just kidding.  Wyo quoted three people on one post.  Just saying if he quoted one person per post, he would have been even closer to getting past his probation 15 post number.  I was jokingly trying to help him.  It had nothing to do with you.

I know, I hope I didn't anger you HTM.  Was just stating my own personal opinion. 8)

See, I even used a quote. ;)
-Albert Einstein

Honky Tonk Man

No problem here Warty, just explaining what I meant. 

Warthog

Same back HTM, I count you as one of my buddies here on the NAA forum. :)
-Albert Einstein

smokeless joe

I may have used that technique during probation  ::)

Honky Tonk Man

It seems like yesterday when I was a "FNG" on this forum.  That's what we called the new guys in Vietnam.  N=New, G=Guy.   I'll leave "F" up to your imagination.  ::)  Sometimes I like to help them out with their probation period by asking them questions  when I already know the answer.  Questions like "How many posts do you have now?" 

Uncle_Lee

Thanks, I always just hit the "Quote" button and that gets me one quote per post.
God, Country, & Flag

Warthog

HTM, FNG=Farting New Guy?  LOL ;D
-Albert Einstein

WyoShooter

Sorry for the late reply.  I just found this thread again

Quote from: uncle_lee on November-10-18 11:11
Tell me, how do you get multi-quotes??
I only know how to get one per post....
(please)

It's pretty easy.  Just hit the reply button as usual and then type your response.  After that if you scroll down (in the main thread, not the reply box) you'll find other posts in that thread and you can hit reply to those too and those quotes will show up above in your original reply box where you can reply to them also.  Or you can hit reply on all the posts you want before you start typing and the go back to the box and separate the quotes and reply to them individually.

Quote from: Honky Tonk Man on November-11-18 04:11
It seems like yesterday when I was a "FNG" on this forum.  That's what we called the new guys in Vietnam.  N=New, G=Guy.   I'll leave "F" up to your imagination.  ::)  Sometimes I like to help them out with their probation period by asking them questions  when I already know the answer.  Questions like "How many posts do you have now?" 

Ummm...I think this makes 14?  :)

Thanks   ;D ;D ;D ;D

Quote from: Honky Tonk Man on November-10-18 15:11
Rookie error!  If you only put one quote per post, you'll get to 15 posts quicker.  lol 
How many are in the approval hopper Wyo?

Yes, I considered that but I didn't want to be TOO obvious about trying to push my way through probation.    8) 8) 8)

14??    ;D ;D ;D ;D

And actually, probation's not too bad right now.  I don't know if it's a new policy or if this has happened to other posters too or if the mods are just being kind to me but I noticed that after post number ten, starting with number eleven, my posts still showed up on my screen in pink saying they needed moderator approval before being posted, BUT I didn't have to try to guess the letters in the captcha before getting to the pink stage. 
Ed

WyoShooter

Ooops...in my post above I said I had 14 approved or pending so far.  I think that was a mistake.  I think I only had 13. 

Oh wait.  This makes 14.

Never mind.
Ed

Warthog

WyoShooter, you are ALMOST THERE!  ONE MORE AND OFF Probation!

WOO! HOO!
-Albert Einstein

Bj

As best I remember my 15th post was off probation while I posted it.

WyoShooter

Well I just posted on another thread so when that one clears it'll make 15 and this one will be 16. Guess I'm a big boy now.   :)
Ed

Warthog

Quote from: WyoShooter on November-12-18 16:11
Well I just posted on another thread so when that one clears it'll make 15 and this one will be 16. Guess I'm a big boy now.   :)

Good Work WyoShooter!  No more probation and yes, you are a big boy now.  No more diapers, lol, and I am glad you stuck with it too.  Post some pictures when you can so Uncle Lee can enjoy his coffee. 8)
-Albert Einstein

WyoShooter

Quote from: Bj on November-12-18 13:11
As best I remember my 15th post was off probation while I posted it.
Quote from: Warty62 on November-12-18 12:11
WyoShooter, you are ALMOST THERE!  ONE MORE AND OFF Probation!

WOO! HOO!
Quote from: Warty62 on November-12-18 20:11
Quote from: WyoShooter on November-12-18 16:11

Good Work WyoShooter!  No more probation and yes, you are a big boy now.  No more diapers, lol, and I am glad you stuck with it too.  Post some pictures when you can so Uncle Lee can enjoy his coffee. 8)

Thanks guys.  I'm Free, free, free.
Ed