Probation Period

Started by BMS52, October-18-16 15:10

Previous topic - Next topic

smokeless joe

Here's my ruger. He's no longer with me. Got his name cause he pooped everywhere like he had a full clip 😄 That dog hated me.

cedarview kid

Well, your Ruger probably barks louder than my suppressed Ruger does, but I'm thinking maybe mine has a bigger bite!

smokeless joe

Quote from: naa_collector on December-08-17 20:12
Well, your Ruger probably barks louder than my suppressed Ruger does, but I'm thinking maybe mine has a bigger bite!
He was a barker no doubt about that. He was my girlfriends dog even tho we got him together. He wouldn't even go outside to take a leak in the morning unless it was her taking him. If I tried to take him out he'd just hold it til she got up. Stubborn little guy but probably one of the smartest dogs I've ever had. Had a boxer at the same time as I had him. Her name was Rossi. Now she was my dog for sure. Miss her a lot.

bglz42

Love this site! Strange thing though... I have been a member for a long time. Date says 2015, but I know it is longer. I guess all my posts were deleted because I have not been very active. But my old login still works. Oh, well...

MR_22

Quote from: bglz42 on December-17-17 15:12
Love this site! Strange thing though... I have been a member for a long time. Date says 2015, but I know it is longer. I guess all my posts were deleted because I have not been very active. But my old login still works. Oh, well...

There have been multiple versions of the board software and I think they converted old accounts to use on this board. But that was longer ago than 2015, so I'm not sure what happened there. In any case, Welcome/Welcome Back!

Warthog

Welcome Back!

I remember when the forum did its first change over, I was told my sign in would work but I would have to redo all of my account info the first time I signed in.
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

bglz42

Thanks!!

On a lighter note, I picked up a Talo Bug Out at a gun show on Saturday. What a neat little rig! I have been wishing for a configuration like this for a while!

Gripen

Quote from: naa_collector on December-08-17 20:12
Very nice. Here's my Ruger.

Integrally suppressed, eh? Nice. 8)

Guess I'm still on probation, but I don't need to decipher the code any more. At least that's progress. :)
NAA Mini .22 Short
WTB Freedom Arms Patriot .22 LR (1 5/8")

Skulls

Quote from: uncle_lee on December-02-17 05:12
Probation period is tough, true.
You should try to run probate for a 1% bike club..... ;D
Interesting comparison,  I did my prospect time it took awhile but was well worth it
Bill

Warthog

Well Skulls, I refused to do a probate period for the clubs in my area.  I was approached during the last stop of a Poker Run by the president of one of the clubs who said he would let me become a member, patch holder, without spending time as a probate because I was a college student and would make the club look more respectable.  I told him I would think about it.

I could ride and start any bike there was, no matter what sort of shift or how to get it started, I could do it.  But a Club just wasn't for me, I did the rides and all of that but I just didn't feel like a club would be for me.  IDK now though, maybe I would have a friend now at least instead of being alone.
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

Skulls

Quote from: Warty62 on December-29-17 11:12
Well Skulls, I refused to do a probate period for the clubs in my area.  I was approached during the last stop of a Poker Run by the president of one of the clubs who said he would let me become a member, patch holder, without spending time as a probate because I was a college student and would make the club look more respectable.  I told him I would think about it.

I could ride and start any bike there was, no matter what sort of shift or how to get it started, I could do it.  But a Club just wasn't for me, I did the rides and all of that but I just didn't feel like a club would be for me.  IDK now though, maybe I would have a friend now at least instead of being alone.
Awesome day for Skulls, I got a response to a post. 1st I have read many and I mean many of your posts and the responses you get I think you have many friends, I will be one, REACH OUT!!.  As far as riding goes I rode with a few but my heart belongs to Viet Nam Vets/Legacy Vets. A great bunch of men and with a good cause.

Uncle_Lee

Quote from: Skulls on December-28-17 23:12
Quote from: uncle_lee on December-02-17 05:12
Probation period is tough, true.
You should try to run probate for a 1% bike club..... ;D
Interesting comparison,  I did my prospect time it took awhile but was well worth it
Bill

One thing I learned was that I could haul 5 cases of beer on a chopped Harley....
OOPS, and don't go to sleep........ 8)
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

Floridave

Probation period takes so long to get through, 15 posts? That seems excessive to me.
Makes the forum useless for those that don't post a lot. 

Ruger

Quote from: Floridave on January-08-18 08:01
Probation period takes so long to get through, 15 posts? That seems excessive to me.
Makes the forum useless for those that don't post a lot.

Really?  So what it takes a little time for your thoughts to be posted for the world to see.  We just can't let any old riff raff rattle on; we want good riff raff that are highly opinionated and feel free to share it! 
Never Take anything Too Seriously . .Just Enough Will Do.

Floridave

Well Mr. Ruger, 

Firstly, it's not fair to YOU fine folks that you have to wait hours, maybe even days, to be enlightened by my thoughts, opinions and general musings.  You guys deserve better!

Secondly, this riff raffs highly opinionated opinion is that 15 posts is too dang many, it should be 5.
Of course, now that I'm past that and now an official fumbly gunner, all that seems a little less important

;D

smokeless joe

Quote from: Floridave on January-10-18 17:01
Well Mr. Ruger, 

Firstly, it's not fair to YOU fine folks that you have to wait hours, maybe even days, to be enlightened by my thoughts, opinions and general musings.  You guys deserve better!

Secondly, this riff raffs highly opinionated opinion is that 15 posts is too dang many, it should be 5.
Of course, now that I'm past that and now an official fumbly gunner, all that seems a little less important

;D
I like this guy already  8)

Ruger

Yeah, fits right in doesn't he!

smokeless joe

Quote from: Ruger on January-11-18 08:01
Yeah, fits right in doesn't he!
He's off to a good start  ;)

rustyzues

Yes the probation period was a pain but it was worth it. There seems to be a lot of people here that are very informative and helpful on the subject of the beloved mini.

smokeless joe

Quote from: rustyzues on March-27-18 11:03
Yes the probation period was a pain but it was worth it. There seems to be a lot of people here that are very informative and helpful on the subject of the beloved mini.
And now you are one of those people rz

Uncle_Lee

Quote from: rustyzues on March-27-18 11:03

Joe is correct, you are  "in" now. You are worthy.
Share thoughts, ideas, and mainly pictures.
If you don't have a picture, then it didn't happen...

Don't get upset over thread drift.
A lot of members are old and drift a lot.
Just like conversations at the old barber shop.
God, Country, & Flag

KEN AR

Glad I found this thread.  Was thinking that the Mods here must have lots of time on their hands and nothing else to do if the approve each post.  It would prevent any flaming on threads down.  I hate many of the forums due to what I call the "Basement Experts".  You know the guy that lives in mom's basement, does not own a single gun but can tell you how he field strips them in 30 seconds blindfolded and then puts them back together again With improvements in less than 60 seconds.

I have been surfing for several hours and have not seen any hate filled comments.  I think I'll like it here.

At this time I am looking for my "first" NAA.  I say that cause I can tell already there are not many here with only one Mini!
Rick over at Desert Gun Leather is the enabler who gets the points for my current Gunbug.
The Bugout or Black Widow are in the lead at this time.  I do like the Ranger 2 also.  Whatever I get will have both cylinders in it.

Thanks for the Approvals Admins and Mod's
Ken AZ is now KEN AR, moved in 2021 to the Natural State
Black Widow MAG/LR, Mini Master, Mini 1 5/8" Mag/LR
Desert Gun Leather holsters
https://desertgunleather.com/
RevisionCV.com Grips

MR_22

Quote from: KEN AZ on April-19-18 00:04
I think I'll like it here.

I think you'll like it here, too. :D

Good luck on creating your own NAA collection. And welcome!

Warthog

WELCOME!!! Ken, Rick does great work.  I love the holsters he has made for me so far.  Just keep on and look out for the way your Minis will repopulate if you aren't looking as they will over run your house!
-Albert Einstein

smokeless joe

Welcome Ken. I like it here too. Think I'll stick around a spell. Hurry up and get that mini. Uncle_lee needs some pics.

Uncle_Lee

Welcome Ken
Come share your knowledge.

People can't brag about what they do without pictures.
Without pictures, it didn't happen.....
That is about the only rule...
God, Country, & Flag

billmeek

One of the things that makes it difficult to post during the probationary period is the size of the verification image on a high resolution screen making reading the letters difficult with old eyes.  Just a reminder for anyone with the same issue: the zoom function of your web browser makes it a bit easier to read.  Windows is CTRL+ for zoom in and CTRL- to zoom out.  OSX is Command+ and Command- for zoom in/out. 
Bill

I won't carry a laser device... unless it has stun, kill, and disintegrate settings.

Ruger

Hey . . .Ken . . WELCOME to the Forum!!  Glad to have you!  But speak up please!  Get past those first 15 posts and don't look back!

Warthog

Quote from: billmeek on April-21-18 12:04
One of the things that makes it difficult to post during the probationary period is the size of the verification image on a high resolution screen making reading the letters difficult with old eyes.  Just a reminder for anyone with the same issue: the zoom function of your web browser makes it a bit easier to read.  Windows is CTRL+ for zoom in and CTRL- to zoom out.  OSX is Command+ and Command- for zoom in/out.
Yeah, the Captcha images used to make me get frustrated too.  I thought I had everything right then, nope.  Do it again.  After a few times I would give up and try to post something somewhere else.  After I was off probation, I went crazy. :o I am trying to settle down now though. :)
-Albert Einstein

billmeek

I went crazy while on probation.  Well... a little bit crazier than my normal craziness. 

Suggestion for Admins: setup a probation email address where NAA pistol owners can email a photo conaining both their NAA pistol and a piece of paper with their forum username (hand-written) to allow them to immediately get off probation in the forums.
Bill

I won't carry a laser device... unless it has stun, kill, and disintegrate settings.

MR_22

Quote from: billmeek on April-25-18 08:04
I went crazy while on probation.  Well... a little bit crazier than my normal craziness. 

Warthog

Mr 22, did you forget to put the picture in or was that a way of making a little fun of what's being said here?
-Albert Einstein

smokeless joe

Quote from: Warty62 on April-26-18 10:04
Mr 22, did you forget to put the picture in or was that a way of making a little fun of what's being said here?
I see a picture  ???

MR_22

Quote from: smokeless joe on April-26-18 10:04
Quote from: Warty62 on April-26-18 10:04
I see a picture  ???

Yeah, I'm not sure what you're talking about. Which post?

Warthog

reply #65 of this thread, just above.  Or maybe something is wrong with some setting on my side. ???
-Albert Einstein