Perhaps a pinned list of Holster's and makers for our NAA Revolvers & Auto's?

Started by gunfixer, December-15-16 05:12

Previous topic - Next topic

gunfixer

List of aftermarket Holsters and Holster makers building for
NAA Revolvers? Over the years I've seen lists, but they seem
to come and go...
I'd really like a good clip on, IWB, leather one for my great
little Black Widow w/ a "Spare Rounds" feature...
-E!-

Django2442

My wife recently picked up a Ryman pocket/iwb holster for her NAA Pug, she's very happy with it, it comes with a removable spring clip, I had her order the J clip also and she's happy to have that also.
Wasn't sure if it would fit the Pug a simple email Thanksgiving morning while having coffee, received and reply back within 20 mins stating not a problem when ordering just write for NAAPug in the notes, great customer service and was very fast to make and ship I think it was less than 2 weeks.

Ammo storage on back

Rick_Jorgenson

Here are a few holsters that I make.

My personal NAA's...

Black Widow
PUG
Sidewinder 2.5"
Magnum 1 5/8" (with Knife)
WASP

I use my guns as models for the Holsters I make.

• Pancake (Strong Side Carry)
    Cross Draw
    I.W.B. (with metal clip or Leather Belt Loop with snap)
    Pocket Holster w/5 shell storage & snap
They are great guns, I carry them everyday.

Rick Jorgenson

Pugmeister

PUGMEISTER

To Old To Run

Rick_Jorgenson

Quote from: cfsharry on January-11-17 17:01
Very nice indeed.
Thank you so much!
Quote from: To Old To Run on January-12-17 05:01
Works of art ......Well done
Thank you, having them considered "Works of art" is a huge compliment!
Quote from: Pugmeister on January-11-17 17:01
Very nice holsters Rick!
Welcome to the forum.
Thank you very much for the compliment and the welcome.
Rick Jorgenson

franco22

Rick_Jorgenson

Rick Jorgenson

TXpug

Bigbird48

I spent an hour or 2 today down in Phoenix at Desert Gun Leather, talking to Rick Jorgenson and checking out all the great holsters he makes that fit our minis, plus all the other guns out there ;D. These holsters are very well made. He showed me around the shop and gave me some great tips on making my own holsters, which I like to do. So if your in the market for a great mini holster I highly recommend taking a look at Ricks holsters at Desert Gun Leather. Thanx Rick and your partner for some great tips and letting me check the place out.
Bert

Rick_Jorgenson

Quote from: Bigbird48 on January-23-17 19:01
I spent an hour or 2 today down in Phoenix at Desert Gun Leather, talking to Rick Jorgenson and checking out all the great holsters he makes that fit our minis, plus all the other guns out there ;D. These holsters are very well made. He showed me around the shop and gave me some great tips on making my own holsters, which I like to do. So if your in the market for a great mini holster I highly recommend taking a look at Ricks holsters at Desert Gun Leather. Thanx Rick and your partner for some great tips and letting me check the place out.
Bert
Thank you Bert! I was afraid I might of bored you with this "leather stuff"! lol!!! I am so glad you stopped by! It was a pleasure to show you around and give a few tips for your leather working progress, I hope they help! And, I sure admire your work and dedication to our countries Vets.

We showed of our Mini's, mine are "stock" with nothing added but Bert has some "fancy pistols"! The engraving on them is beautiful! I cant get over how that changes the look of the gun, for the better. And the wood grips are works of art, and fit beautifully. I apologize, I don't remember the name of the grip maker or the engraver but they truly are top notch. Bert can fill you in I'm sure.

My business partner John and myself set aside some time each week to help anyone who reaches out with an interest in doing leather work. Also, for those that may have some experience in leather and are "stuck" on a project or procedure we are here to help (its hard to get good answers at the local leather retailer sometimes) with anything that is in our experience and expertise. Its our way of giving back and keeping the craft visible and available.

Bert has suggested in another thread that there be a "NAA Forum" informal get together at Winter Range for a sandwich lunch at one of the vendors stands. I'm in! I would like to meet more NAA fans.

Set a day and time Bert!
Rick Jorgenson

Bigbird48

Rick, those are "CVANG Grips on my BW  :)

Quote from: Rick_Jorgenson on January-23-17 22:01
Quote from: Bigbird48 on January-23-17 19:01
Bert
Thank you Bert! I was afraid I might of bored you with this "leather stuff"! lol!!! I am so glad you stopped by! It was a pleasure to show you around and give a few tips for your leather working progress, I hope they help! And, I sure admire your work and dedication to our countries Vets.

We showed of our Mini's, mine are "stock" with nothing added but Bert has some "fancy pistols"! The engraving on them is beautiful! I cant get over how that changes the look of the gun, for the better. And the wood grips are works of art, and fit beautifully. I apologize, I don't remember the name of the grip maker or the engraver but they truly are top notch. Bert can fill you in I'm sure.

My business partner John and myself set aside some time each week to help anyone who reaches out with an interest in doing leather work. Also, for those that may have some experience in leather and are "stuck" on a project or procedure we are here to help (its hard to get good answers at the local leather retailer sometimes) with anything that is in our experience and expertise. Its our way of giving back and keeping the craft visible and available.

Bert has suggested in another thread that there be a "NAA Forum" informal get together at Winter Range for a sandwich lunch at one of the vendors stands. I'm in! I would like to meet more NAA fans.

Set a day and time Bert!

Gog

Does anyone make a belt or pocket holster that has a spot for an extra cylinder? Haven't found anything online that shows it.

Bigbird48

Why would you want to carry a extra cylinder. Really not practical. I know your thinkin fast reload. But in all likely hood the bullets in  a loaded cylinder  would just fall out carrying them around.I know some will argue this point, and come up with ways to keep the rounds in, but its really not a good option.Better option is carry 2 minis

tocsn40

Quote from: Bigbird48 on January-26-17 21:01
Why would you want to carry a extra cylinder. Really not practical. I know your thinkin fast reload. But in all likely hood the bullets in  a loaded cylinder  would just fall out carrying them around.I know some will argue this point, and come up with ways to keep the rounds in, but its really not a good option.Better option is carry 2 minis
I carry mine with extra because there was times I would find my self able to shoot but did not want to use my carry amo
Tocsn40

Uncle_Lee

Cause that is what Gog wants.
And if Gog wants to carry a spare cylinder and can afford it, then so be it with the blessings of all.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

Gog

Lol, thanks uncle_lee! I like the way you think!
I wasn't thinking about it for practical or self defense reasons. I just figured it wouldn't take up much more room than having an ammo pouch pocket in a holster and you could have your LR and Mag along for the ride. Kinda like tocsn40 was saying.
I agree though on Bb48 thoughts on carrying two. That would be sweet and I'd have them at that point if I buy the BW or Pug like I'm thinking (to go along with my SW).
These little pocket pistols are so addicting!

Rick_Jorgenson

Quote from: Gog on January-26-17 13:01
Does anyone make a belt or pocket holster that has a spot for an extra cylinder? Haven't found anything online that shows it.

Hmmmm...
I will need to take this idea back to my "Leather Laboratory" to experiment on, later...

I'd build a holster with a coffee maker in it if I thought it was doable! (I really like coffee!) lol!!

Folks bring me their .44 caliber "Insert latest gun on front cover of this months gun magazine" They have the laser and the flashlight and the extended ported, threaded, custom chrome and gold plated barrel and the magazine extender and the added on "rail" on top, and bottom, and just for fun one on the side (I exaggerated that one).
Then want me to build them a IWB for this Monster Gun. "Oh, by the way, I don't want it to PRINT"
I send them down the road to the Uncle Mikes off the rack holsters.

That was fun... So, incorporating an extra cylinder for one of these guns is not such an unreasonable request JMHO.

And maybe... not a bad idea. It is probably quicker to reload that way than individual shells. Non of us want to get into a fire-fight with our minis anyway.

Bert,
Like you, I carry 2 and sometimes 3 (or more, just for fun!). Practical...?, Who knows?   Fun...?, oh heck yes!
Rick Jorgenson

Bigbird48

Now that's a good reason :D

Quote from: tocsn40 on January-27-17 00:01
I carry mine with extra because there was times I would find my self able to shoot but did not want to use my carry amo

Bigbird48

Ya sound like your getting grumpy on me Unc. :(

Quote from: uncle_lee on January-27-17 04:01

And if Gog wants to carry a spare cylinder and can afford it, then so be it with the blessings of all.

Uncle_Lee

Quote from: Bigbird48 on January-27-17 07:01

Sorry Bird, some mornings are getting to be like that.
Good thing I don't have a dog. Some mornings I would kick it off the porch.   :-*
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

Bigbird48

All is good Unc.  :D I wasn't saying he shouldn't get one I was just pointing out that it wasn't practical for reloading on the fly.JMHO tho. I get all fumblely  When trying to do things fast.  :o

Quote from: uncle_lee on January-27-17 08:01
Quote from: Bigbird48 on January-27-17 07:01

Sorry Bird, some mornings are getting to be like that.
Good thing I don't have a dog. Some mornings I would kick it off the porch.   :-*

heyjoe

a new york reload is much faster than carrying an extra cylinder in your pocket holster for a reload.

an extra cylinder in your pocket holster is much faster than poking out the empties and reloading.

for me an extra cylinder in your pocket holster is also much faster than the sidewinder to reload.

An extra cylinder in your pocket holster is easier to carry than a new york reload.

I have a pocket holster with a built in pouch for an extra cylinder for my mini magnum convertible. It would be nice to see a holster maker offer that option for those who want it.
It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

riadat

I bought a nice holster for my 2.5 inch sheriff from Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/162142044503?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Guy has a store, Toddswendy.  I liked the sheriff one and ordered one for my 1 5/8 22lr.  He listed 1 1/8 i told him i needed 1 5/8 he made it the next day and shipped it.

Fast.  Hard leather, good stitching, and seems durable.