Nutnfancy Pug review

Started by seaotter, February-05-17 10:02

Previous topic - Next topic

seaotter

dbrn

Thanks.  I realy  enjoyed  that. lots of shooting. you got real good at handling your pug with gloves on, very impressive. 

mainstreet

grayelky

Did you happen to notice most of his groups were in the 1 1/4" - 1 3/4" neighborhood? He does not like the XS sights, yet when he was doing his precision, slow shooting at 15 yards, he had a very small group.

There were 2 points he and I disagree on:
1) He does not like XS sights. For a self defense weapon, he admitted they are quick, just not very precise. For self defense, a quick, 3"-4" group is plenty precise enough. You don't really want your bullet holes touching anyway.
2) He stated a civilian does not need a backup gun. ANY gun can fail. The current training mantra is "2 is 1, 1 is none". I adopted that roughly in 1975 or '76. I was at the range practicing with my almost new S&W model 66, and a spring failed, turning my service weapon into a clunky club. I had to have the armored repair it before I could go to work that evening. I realized how important a second gun is. What makes a "civilian" life worth less?
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

Uncle_Lee

Never leave home with just one gun............
Any - Any piece of mechanical equipment can and at some point in time WILL fail....
A handgun is nothing but a piece of mechanical equipment.
I don't care the name on it nor the price of it....
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

Gog

He did say the Pug was the only gun he liked the XS sights on. I love the XS big dots. I put some on my G19 and they really help these old eyes find the target.
I'm trying my best not to add a Pug into the fold but I already know I'm going to at some point.

Uncle_Lee

Quote from: Gog on February-07-17 05:02
He did say the Pug was the only gun he liked the XS sights on. I love the XS big dots. I put some on my G19 and they really help these old eyes find the target.
I'm trying my best not to add a Pug into the fold but I already know I'm going to at some point.

You will love it.
Give in...
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

seaotter

I was thinking about getting a Sheriff or a mini mag with boot grips next, but the review is pretty persuasive!

RogueTS1

The XS Big Dot sights are very accurate if one knows how to use them for very precise shots. Steady careful aim, just as with 3 dot sights, will give just about the same results if used as designed...................
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.