Spare Cylinder

Started by William Hull, February-21-17 09:02

Previous topic - Next topic

William Hull

I have a 22mag NAA and would like to have another 22 mag cylinder to go with it. Can anyone describe the process that NAA uses to time the spare cylinder to the gun. I am not looking to do this myself or have a gunsmith do it,.I am just curious.
Thank You
William

Rick_Jorgenson

Hi William,

Sorry, I don't know but felt inclined to respond to your question. (there were no responses yet) There may be someone here on the forum that has some gun smithing  experience that can help with that.

NAA is great with customer service. They may even give you a brief answer as to the process they perform with a new cylinder if you ask.

Turn around time is quick, so never hesitate to send a pistol in to them thinking it will take a long time in the shop.

Rick J.
Rick Jorgenson

RogueTS1

The bolt has to be timed to the depth of the notches as well as the depth and length of the lead ins of the cylinder to make sure the chambers line up and lock tight with the barrel's forcing cone.
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

William Hull

Thank you gentlemen for your responses.
William

Rick_Jorgenson

Quote from: RogueTS1 on February-23-17 08:02
The bolt has to be timed to the depth of the notches as well as the depth and length of the lead ins of the cylinder to make sure the chambers line up and lock tight with the barrel's forcing cone.

Wow! No one without training should try that (which William said)

Gun Smithing is a talent, a skill, and an art. 

Thanks for the answer. I always wondered as well.

Rick J.
Rick Jorgenson

zburkett

That is something I would ask the factory to do.

grayelky

I have seen used cylinders on ebay, but at prices more than factory. You could send your gun in, have them fit the cylinder to it, for less money than some of these folks want for a used cylinder.
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"