Black widow sights

Started by Texduk3, March-04-17 13:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Texduk3

I am adding  a black widow 22lr/22mag to my collection.
My question is:  adjustable sights or fixed?
are the fixed accurate enough?
are the adjustable sights for left/right and windage?

I thank you for your input   8)
"God and Guns"
"Lets Go Brandon"

Bigbird48

I have fixed sights and its pretty accurate at 10 to 15 feet, no problem hitting a beer can at that distance. I think any of the naa minis will hit a large target by just pointing and squeezing the trigger.I think in a self defense situation if you point and shoot you will hit the target. In that type of encounter you don't have time to think and aim and all that . Point shoot you'll cause a lot of pain and then you will have time to zero in 0n the target with the next shot if you need it.Practice a lot , get the feel for your gun. I practice on larger targets and just point and fire and I always hit the target someplace. Beer cans you have to aim LOL    Just what I do others will do different. But I know if I point at a bad guy 20 feet away I will hit him ;D

Texduk3

I currently have a 1 5/8 .22mag frame  with both cylinders.
The front domed sight has gotten some getting used to, but,
at 3 yards, I have had some nice 4 inch groups with crap .22lr blazer loads,
Really just looking for more accuracy with from  BW
"God and Guns"
"Lets Go Brandon"

Bigbird48

I think you'll be pleased with the accuracy of the BW

Quote from: Texduk3 on March-04-17 15:03
I currently have a 1 5/8 .22mag frame  with both cylinders.
The front domed sight has gotten some getting used to, but,
at 3 yards, I have had some nice 4 inch groups with crap .22lr blazer loads,
Really just looking for more accuracy with from  BW

seaotter

The adjustable sights are a bit large for concealed carry, and I have heard of a few cases of the set screw coming loose. I can consistently hit a soda can at 5-7 yards, no problem, using the fixed sights. I think the fixed sights are just fine, given the size and purpose of the BW.

Uncle_Lee

Quote from: seaotter on March-04-17 20:03
The adjustable sights are a bit large for concealed carry, and I have heard of a few cases of the set screw coming loose. I can consistently hit a soda can at 5-7 yards, no problem, using the fixed sights. I think the fixed sights are just fine, given the size and purpose of the BW.

I agree..
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

Scott Free

Fixed sight are the way to go. Pop cans and sometimes even golf balls aren't safe out to 20 feet or so. I don't hit at 100% at those distances, but enough to know it's me and not the gun when I miss. Also, the adjustable sights are pretty big and will be much more likely to snag on the draw. 

Texduk3

thanks for all the feedback !!  8)
"God and Guns"
"Lets Go Brandon"

dale_az

I bought a Mini Master (same as a BW only longer barrel) with adjustable sights.  They are adjustable for windage the same way as the fixed sight.  The height is adjustable by loosening the set screw and sliding the top part of the sight up or down on the ramp of the lower part of the sight, then tightening the set screw.  Honestly, not a great set up.  I did have trouble with the set screw loosening up so I put some locktite on it and it hasn't loosened again.  I would suggest buying a fixed sight version since the adjustable sights are taller.  In fact I bought the fixed sights from NNA and will change them out soon.

Dale - AZ

Texduk3

just ordered my BW with fixed sights.   8)
"God and Guns"
"Lets Go Brandon"

Bigbird48

Congrts Where did you order from?

Quote from: Texduk3 on March-05-17 10:03
just ordered my BW with fixed sights.   8)

Texduk3

"God and Guns"
"Lets Go Brandon"

Canoeal

Fixed are fine for accuracy. I replaced the adjustable because they kept coming loose. Now I have the laser too and shoot with it both ways.
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

Texduk3

Took the  new widow  to the  indoor range today.
All went very well.
some nice 3" groups at 3 yards, with some crap Blazer .22lr  been trying to burn up.
but had very nice, tight  1 1/2 inch groups with CCI .22 Magnums, at same 3yards.
(5 inch groups at 7 yds)
no mechanical issues with the gun at all,  all shells fired,  8)
Thanks N.A.A.

"God and Guns"
"Lets Go Brandon"