Finally found some short barrel Speer!

Started by beornls, March-30-17 11:03

Previous topic - Next topic

beornls

Well after looking all over the place I finally found some 22 magnum Speer Gold Dot short barrel ammo.   Is it just me, or is this stuff almost impossible to find??

E-Stop

Congratulations!  I mentioned today in another thread how that stuff can't be found in my area.  Now the search is on....  on Ammoseek of course.

Texduk3

yep,  looks like the ones in my ammo storage,
have not seen them in at least a year.
Enjoy,  and save........
"God and Guns"
"Lets Go Brandon"

zburkett

I can't find them.  where did you find them and how was the supply?

E-Stop

Well, I checked out several ammo web sites and Ammoseek.com.  Came up empty handed.  Even the places that were gouging ($22.00 / box) are sold out. 

EvilWayz

Lucky bastard.  It's dropped off the earth round these parts.  All defensive 22 mag.
And Hades followed with him...

beornls

I found these at Ammuntion Fairy...as I recall I saw their listing on gunbroker and looked up their website to buy direct.  I was gouged of course but had to have them..I think I was in at $30 a box after shipping.   

beornls

Also on the same day these Speer came in I found some of the Winchester poly tip HV 30 grains at a local gunshop.  $22 a box.

Not a SD round or short barrel, but I believe I saw somewhere that those HV performed a bit better on ballistics testing than the Speers out of a short barrel.  These may make a good alternate for those who can't find the Speers or Hornady.  For now I think I may regulate the Winchester HVs to my Ruger Single Six truck gun and stick with the Speers in the PUG. 

Lemon

I have Gold Dots and Hornady Critical defense I am trying to sale locally so I can invest in reloading but no one wants them in my area. They will buy them from gun shows though for well over $20.