Quiet practice round for 22lr mini 1 1/8 inch barrel

Started by sgt ski, June-18-17 08:06

Previous topic - Next topic

sgt ski

Question for the group is there a quiet round for this gun?  I use CCI cb shorts they seem much quieter than then the CCI Quiet rounds. I would like something to plink with out getting the neighbors riled up.  I currently load 1 CB cap for furry pest control and 4 mini mags for other pest control while the light bark for the occasional chipmunk or rabbit in the garden is okay, target practice with the CB caps maybe too much.  Appreciate any ideas and I have enjoyed the forum almost as much as the gun.

riadat

CCI quiet in a single shot or bolt action is REALLY quiet.  Use that if you need to shoot something without annoying ur neighbors.

Gases escape the naa all directions and they are loud.

I have a smith 43c airweight, and even it is loud even with a 22 cci quiet.

Canoeal

I guess I can't help. All I have is the BW mag, and a charter arms 4" in 22 mag. Both of them are LOUD.
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

bill_deshivs

"Quiet" ammunition works well in rifles, and is loud in handguns-especially short barreled ones.

sgt ski

Thanks for the input, I guess I need to do some garage cleaning and make a range for more repetitive use of CB Caps.  Doors shut and a little Nugent on the stereo should not be any louder than my cussing while working on the vehicles in the driveway.

Indra

Aguila Colibri should do the job for you. You can also go with the super Colibri but they have powder in them and are louder. The Colibri are just primer and sound just like an airgun.

Scott Free

I use Aguila Colibri primer-fired ammo which is quieter than CCI's Quiet ammo. Even so, I still wear hearing protection when shooting it from my BW. Out of a 4 inch Ruger, it sounds like a cap gun. Out of a BW, it sounds like a real gun.

bbgun

I have some of those gallery rounds, I think they are called.  The casing is barely half of a 22 short, and they have a lead 22 cal BB round for the bullet. 

theysayimnotme

I have a few of those BB caps. If you have checked the prices of them you wouldn't shoot them. I saw a tin a few days ago priced @ almost ONE DOLLAR a round.

Indra

They are about 10 cents a round where I buy them.

chutethemall

I remember as a kid pulling bullets out of whatever .22 rounds were available, and shooting primer only.
Pretty cheap, and the cheapest bulk ammo might be the easiest to pull the rounds.
Haven' t tried it in years.

Scott Free

The Aguila Colibri I mentioned a few posts ago is fired only by the primer. It's still fairly loud out of a mini.