Grips

Started by Bj, August-25-17 08:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Bj

How do the different grips compare for hands with arthritis?  Are rubber grips better than holster grips?

zburkett

I have all three, arthritis, rubber grip, holster grip and even oversized wood grip.  Oversized rubber grip easiest to hang on to, holster grip easiest to get to.

Warthog

Well, I have neuropathy and osteo arthritis.  I fine the oversized grips work best for me but they can't be used on some of the NAAs.  For those I am going to try some of the grips from this place:  http://www.revisioncv.com and when they come in I will let you know.
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

Canoeal

I use two, the stock Black Widow grips whick work fine, And a pair of oversized birds heads that I made out of cherry. They are slightly wider but give a real good hold. I too have hand issues.
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

ilex

Warty...I too have arthritis issues in my hands.  I have a Black Widow with the original flatter black rubber grips, which I like a lot and they seem to fit my hand well.  They have a flatter print if carrying in your pocket, and I actually carry mine IWB, so the flatter rubber grip works well for me.  I also have a set of the CV grips, that you ordered, on my 1.25 mini mag.  I like them also.  Let us know what you think.

seak

Oversize wood works best for me. Most of us older folk have a bit more slack in our britches now so not much of anything prints

cbl51

After carrying the mini for year, I finally put the rubber hogue grip on it and it worked wonders. The semi sticky rubber provide a way better grip and made shooting the gun 100% better. Have some patio arthritis in my hands from twisting wrenches and cranking on a mill for a living, so the standard grips were terrible for me. Before I got the rubber grips, I had some hockey stick grip tape wrapped around the handle. It was butt ugly but worked. The rubber grips are just as good and better looking! :D

I'm getting the rubber grips for my other mini as well.

Bj

Thanks for comments

rattlehead

I think I've tried them all and to me the oversized rubber grips work best.

autofull

yeah, i have rhumatoid artur and carpall tunnel. i agree with all of your ideas. i use cvang and dark horse grips. slightly modified to my style. cvang makes excellent grips in my opinion.  my two.  kevin.

Bj

Another question about grips, is the holster grip enough for Pocket carry?  My first thought on this is - maybe not.

zburkett

My every day carry is a holster grip mini clipped to my pocket.  I have a ccp but anyone who sees it thinks it is a knife.  Virginia is an open carry state so I don't know if showing clipped to a pocket is open or concealed.

Fittowin

I use the Holster grip on all 3 of my NAA mini's.  They work great, don't leave an imprint and make it easier to handle.  Great grip.

scottm

holster grip mini clipped to the pocket is the best because it prevents you from accidentally firing the gun until you take it out of your pocket and unfold it, the gun will ride high in your pocket and not down in bottom of pocket, I hardly even notice that it in my pocket

scottm

Heaven, yes would be in heaven if they made a holster grip mini clipped to the pocket that also has a laser ( I.E. laserlyte ), currently you can get the ( laser )  or (  holster grip mini clipped to the pocket so that will not fill gun barrel with pocket lint ), I choose the holster grip for my Sidewinder but wish it also had a laser.