2.5" Sidewinder

Started by franco22, October-28-17 14:10

Previous topic - Next topic

franco22

I just ordered a Sidewinder with the 2.5" barrel. I see threads on the 1" and on the 4" models but haven't been able to find anything on the model I ordered. I couldn't find much on Youtube either. Does anyone here own one. How's the accuracy? Is there anything you don't like about yours? I have a Black Widow that I love. I'm hoping that the Sidewinder will compliment the Black Widow perfectly. I can see myself carrying both at the same time in warm weather. Will all the grips for the magnum frame fit? Those engraved boot grips are beautiful.

Warthog

The grips will all fir.  I don't have one so no idea how accuracy will be.

here's the link on NAA to the gun you ordered. https://northamericanarms.com/shop/firearms/naa-sw-250/
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

franco22

Thanks Warty. Since I first posted I found a thread where you showed some grips on  your 1". I have a set of Black Widow grips available since my BW is sporting Cvangs. If I don't like the boot grips I'll try those.

grayelky

If you want the CVangs on your SW, you will have to remove a little material from the area where the top of the CVangs come into contact with the SW recoil shield. It does not seem like it would require a lot. There is a pic on here somewhere showing how it was done. I have never shot my 2 1/2" SW, but accuracy should be on a par with the Sheriff and BW.
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

franco22

Thanks Graelky. I'm pretty sure I'll be using either the boot grips or the BW grips. This all started when I ordered a pocket holster for my BW. When I got it it was  about 1/2 too long for the BW. Plenty of reason to buy a new NAA.

JRobyn

Amusing all the different ways y'all can misspell "Grayelky".

Arts09

I have the 2.5" model and like the added barrel length over the 1" model. The longer barrel is a tad more accurate. You'll be happy with it. I find with both of mine, the cylinder doesn't open up as easy as they show in there video. Maybe with more use that will improve.

MtGoat

Quote from: JRobyn on October-28-17 17:10
Amusing all the different ways y'all can misspell "Grayelky".

I keep thinking Elkgravy.
Wishful thinking as I get ready to head out on a week long back country elk hunt next week.

Pat

Gog

motter

I've the 2.5 Sidewinder.  Really was not happy when I received it.  The backs of both cylinders were rough and uneven.  Neither cylinder would  open enough to eject casings.  Fixed the first two problems then with range time the casings would stick in the cylinder.  Couple of rounds of polishing and testing and the chambers , now all rounds eject fine but Federal .22LR casings.   I'll test more ammo as time passes. I am very pleased with .22lr accuracy.  .22mag accuracy is not quiet there but I'm pretty sure it is me and my grip.  First NAA for me and there is a learning curve to proper grip and consistency with shooting.  More range time should improve results.    My Sidewinder is now in the condition where I can take it with me whenever I want and I know it will function the way it should.

Dinadan

Regarding the question of accuracy, I find that my 2.5" Sidewinder is pretty good. I like the sights on the Sidewinders for target shooting. If I shoot from a rest and aim carefully then I get good groups at 25 feet. I am not saying it is better than my Black Widow, but I think it is at least as good. For now I am keeping my factory grips on it.

Warthog

Well, I think at some time in the future I will get a 2.5 inch Sidewinder.  Then a 2.5 Ranger II... ;)

I am probably gonna get a lot more Minis but that makes a good start to the list.
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

franco22

QuoteWell, I think at some time in the future I will get a 2.5 inch Sidewinder.  Then a 2.5 Ranger II... ;)

I would definitely open my wallet for a 2.5 inch Ranger II. It'll probably be a while before they are produced but that would be worth the wait.

RogueTS1

QuoteWishful thinking as I get ready to head out on a week long back country elk hunt next week.

Pat

So where is this hunt taking place? I am curious.
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.