Used Black Widow

Started by OLD and GRUMPY, July-14-17 19:07

Previous topic - Next topic

OLD and GRUMPY

In California you cant buy a Black Widow new. Not on the list.  Found one used for $299. That is more than list. Found basic mini new good price.   Still love/hate my little black pain in the ass Super Companion. She is what she is, a belly gun.
Death before Decaf !!!!!

cbl51

Quote from: OLD and GRUMPY on July-14-17 19:07
In California you cant buy a Black Widow new. Not on the list.  Found one used for $299. That is more than list. Found basic mini new good price.   Still love/hate my little black pain in the ass Super Companion. She is what she is, a belly gun.

Look at it this way, GRUMP, at the range most close encounters of the ugly kind take place, A belly gun is all you really need. A little over arms length.

OLD and GRUMPY

Loaded with true 4F black it doubles as a flame thrower and puts up a good smoke screen. Light them on fire.
Death before Decaf !!!!!

theysayimnotme

Quote from: OLD and GRUMPY on July-14-17 19:07

I figure anything not on the approved list is WORTH more than list since that is the only way you can get one. Not sure I would sell my Black Widow for $299. I would also expect to get extra for my short & my Freedom Arms mini.

Bigbird48

I find that here in AZ you almost always pay more then msrp for a new gun. The cheapest I can find a new Black Widow here is $295 on Gallery of guns. I haven't check local stores . OK I looked at a few local stores There going around 255 but with taxes and transfer fees there still gonna be around 280 or so. Thats new.

Canoeal

My LGS website has  a BW in 22 mag for $289, and a conversion listed for $298...
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

Kevin55

I have been looking for a BW or 1-5/8 magnum for sale in California for years.  You found a unicorn.

In California , Only 1-1/8 in .22lr and 22mag are sold.  Along with the 4" MiniMaster and black powder revolver.  So only 4 of the NAA models without even the barrel length option.

Kommiefornia requires every handgun to pass their expensive safety test.  The 1-1/8 and 1-5/8 barrel lengths are considered two different models. Due to the 4" barrel and single action, the MiniMaster is exempt.  The Black Widow can only be imported by law enforcement officers.

OLD and GRUMPY

Might still be there !!   Gunrunners.

UP DATED LINK.    http://gunrunnerstactical.com/
Death before Decaf !!!!!

OLD and GRUMPY

The guns that are not on the list did not fail the test. It's just too expensive to test every model. Then each year they have to pay a extortion fee to the Bass Turds in Sweaty Sac town to keep them on the list. It's a cost thing.

Oh-- do I sound grumpy?

Screw Jerry.  If it's Brown--- Flush it down!  Turns out he is just too fat to fit down the hole. Will just have to wait on the "plunger of time".

Time to go or I will RANT!
Death before Decaf !!!!!

Kevin55

Yes. I agree 100%.  It is a scheme to make selling handguns too expensive in California, so many manufactures sell a limited portion of their line or just don't sell to CA.

You can't buy any new Colts or Gen4 Glocks!  >:(

Result?  Probably saved a few NEgligent discharges from dropped guns.  Criminals have gone from 22, 32, 380, and 38 to more lethal 9mm, 40, and 45 handguns.

That link looked like gamers were selling online fantasy weapons.  Too weird to even pursue.

OLD and GRUMPY

Death before Decaf !!!!!

Kevin55

theysayimnotme

Consignment fee: 25% or $125 whichever is higher. WHEW! That's the worst I have ever heard.

OLD and GRUMPY

Call them after 10 on Monday. Don't think it all makes it to the web page. Worth a try.
Death before Decaf !!!!!

Kevin55

I saw a 1-5/8 inch barrel for sale on Gunbroker.  That made me wonder if NAA would install a longer barrel on a 1-1/8" 22 mag?  1-5/8 or 2" barrel.

The situation in California truly sucks.  Most of my recent purchases are based on "buy it before they ban it."

ilex

I feel quite fortunate to live in Kalifornia and own a Black Widow.  Found mine on Gunbroker about 4 years ago.  When I first saw the Black Widow on the NAA site, I knew I had to have one.  So I diligently searched auction and used gun sites and found one for sale from California.  Wasn't cheap but well worth it IMO.  My favorite gun and I carry it daily, even though I have larger caliber guns.
Now I wait for the the 4" barrel Ranger and will probably have a gunsmith cut the barrel down to 2".

OLD and GRUMPY

Was still in the shop today. Aug 8th.   $299

Call. I doubt these guys work very hard at keeping up the web page!   Might get posted ---- someday.   626-358-7711

http://gunrunnerstactical.com/
Death before Decaf !!!!!