The Rat Shot Fallacy - All posts have been deleted

Started by admin, October-19-10 13:10

Previous topic - Next topic

lauraslookout

'"or else it gets the hose again"  Wild Bill

redhawk4

I don't kmow all the ins and outs of the laws in all the various states, afterall I'm just a foreigner , but my expereince in a number of countries where I've had contact with the police, is always to be polite and compliant and never try to be a wise bottom. The above card would IMO put you in that categry and label you for "specail attention" above and beyond the call of duty.  

Usually once the preliminaries are over and they see you are a normal rational person with no outstanding warrants etc. who wasn't intentionally doing anything wrong you're on your way.

IMO if you are intentionally doing something wrong, then you deserve what you get and should take it like a man, not start whining and hiding behind having your rights infringed.
Old Enough to Know Better - Still Too Young to Care

I "Acted the Fool" so often in School they made me get an Equity Card

chopprs

......does anybody have any bear traps cuz if ya do I am gonna throw em out and watch you all hop in them!

redhawk4

As this is the random statement thread, how about this bad boy - who needs a 22 mag with an air pistol like this, the downside is it doesn't shoot rat shot, but the claimed MV of 4650 fps would do some damage and it's only $95, no wonder people are saying the BT is expensive. (me thinks the decimal point may have slipped somewhat on the MV or on the price if it were true)

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=12953773&cat=185&lpid=&search=">http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=12953773&cat=185&lpid=&search=

I bet it's powerful enough to shoot a bear trap off your leg.

sirbarkalot

uhhhhhh..... you don't think that is a typo??????????

chopprs

I have ten BB guns that shoot at 4000-5000fps......don't you Barky?

rjtravel

Never put mine thru a chrno, but I'm sure it will match your 5K fps with a 9 grain projectile.  That calculates exactly 500 fpe with my Daisy .22 pellet gun...'bout the same as a .357.

Richard

bud

Sending my BB gun back to Daisy!! Mine doesn't come close to 4000-5000fps. Something is wrong with mine. HELP

rjtravel

Try using the new 'expanding' pellets, Bud.  They decompress when fired giving a tremendous amount of extra force and energy.  Airguns will soon replace firearms.

Richard

chopprs

So you are actually SERIOUS that you have an air gun that produces 5000fps projectiles?

rjtravel

Is that really MDE masquerading as Chopprs??

chopprs

I am sure I could come up with a better costume..........

Moderndayedison

O.K. so it looks like I won't be using any sort

of cute card, and if I see the cops I'll ditch

the metal detector and my pistol in a safe place

for later retrieval, and tell them I'm a rockhound

looking for arrow heads...not that I am prone to

walking along RR tracks or anything.

I didn't realize that there were people out there

that just naturally build up so much anal pressure

that they actually hover over the toilet when they

have to take a dump.  Man...you learn something

new everyday.

Other than that I have the right to remain silent.

And will put it to good use. Starting now.

--MDE

And Boom......There it was!!!!
https://www.gofundme.com/Carls-Shop

sandy1

Due to the continued immature behavior I'm forced to contemplate shutting down the Message Board. Unfortunately, your childish behavior and inability to self-moderate has really left no other option. I also do not foresee a 2011 Convention. The only way to avert this is for Choprs, Mde, and all other guilty parties to apologize to each other immediately. Thanks,

Sandy1

redhawk4

"The only way to avert this is for Choprs, Mde, and all other guilty parties to apologize to each other immediately"

Did I miss the hell has frozen over thread?

Sandy1, you almost had me going for a second.

sirbarkalot

yea, Riggghhhhhhtttttt.........

chopprs

Moderndayedison

silvershooter

Man it would be so easy to post a Joking comment like---don't you mean "deaf, dumb, and mute"?....but I'm not going to do it; I'm taking the high road.

coinchop

High road???

I think you might have missed the turnoff.

chopprs

.......hit the guard rail, burst into flames!

redhawk4

That reminds me of a story about a motorcycle racer who was a good friend of a guy I worked with. He had a big accident at one of his races, at the hospital later, a nurse asked him when he'd last had a bowel movement, to which he replied, "about a tenth of a second before I hit the guard rail"

chopprs

........yummy and thanx for the visual!

silvershooter

Yoda say: "mmmmm, when joke you tell, land it does not, remove it you must, mmmmm"

chopprs

WOW dude......are you bored or just stoned?

Why don't you look in the mirror and draw stuff on your face. It is a lot more fun......

silvershooter

"the color of the pen that I hold in my hand is R-O-Y-A-L bluuueee.....!"

I'm not allowed to have pens or other sharp objects and the crayons hurt my face so I ate them yesterday.

The one time I tried 22M Rat Shot in my B.W. the pattern was very thin and spread out which leads me to believe that it would be ineffective at anything larger than a mouse and more than a few feet away. While one test can not be considered conclusive, the results coupled with other considerations like merely maiming targets and the potential for innocent bystander hits generally makes me regard rat shot from a 22 as a fun concept but not realistically intended for S.D.

clipper1

...As a ret.A/Craft mech., I can't help but think that .22R/S, fired from a very short, rifled barrel, will be far LESS effective than a small squeeze bottle, filled W/SKYDROL hyd. fluid..It is NON-Lethal,requires No permit & just a drop or two in the B/G's eyes will:A-take His mind off ALL immediate thoughts of annoying You, and:B-curse the day that Orville & Wilbur, got into aviation...

chopprs

........LOL, SKYDROL, man you are old!!!!!

clipper1

...Thanx Chopper, You could have gone the rest of the year, without reminding Me of that...

chopprs

Why do you think I remember that?

Cuz I am old too!  

Welcome!

clipper1

...31 years @ PAA/JFK..Darn, I get older just thinking about it...

chopprs

gunfixer

That I load 2 rounds of SNAKE Shot, followed by

3 Magnum HP's in my 'Lil "Park Walkin'" Mini Magnum..?!? Lol..!

E! :D
-E!-

clipper1

...Sounds like Your "Park", is Very "Inner City"..And maybe a little scarey...

Moderndayedison

Most likely the biggest threat in a park

would be Squirrels on Steroids.

I'm sorry...I couldn't help myself.