Ranger II early sign up list

Started by Ole N. Decrepit, September-02-17 16:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Bj

I'm a new guy here and I filled out the EB form just in case I have a chance however slim.  If I get one OK, if not that's OK too.  I'm confident NAA will keep making the Ranger II as long as there is a demand.  Sometimes we just have to be patient.  Nothing is gained by being worried iron upset about it.  If I get one, my first question will be recommendations on 22 mag ammo, never had a 22 mag before.

Bigbird48

I love CCI mini mags ;D

Quote from: Bj4995012 on October-05-17 12:10
I'm a new guy here and I filled out the EB form just in case I have a chance however slim.  If I get one OK, if not that's OK too.  I'm confident NAA will keep making the Ranger II as long as there is a demand.  Sometimes we just have to be patient.  Nothing is gained by being worried iron upset about it.  If I get one, my first question will be recommendations on 22 mag ammo, never had a 22 mag before.

Uncle_Lee

Quote from: Bigbird48 on October-05-17 12:10
I love CCI mini mags ;D

Quote from: Bj4995012 on October-05-17 12:10

Ya, but what does the gun like?? ;)
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

Bigbird48

Good question Unc we shall find out soon enough I hope :D

MtGoat

Stock up on a box of the different types of ammo while it is available.
I suggest Speer Golddots.
Hornady Critical Defense
Several of the CCI offerings
Winchester and Federal and the standard Hornady offerings.

Get a couple fo boxes of the cheaper ones to get used to the gun then try out a few rounds of each of the others to see what your gun likes.
Try lighter and heavier bullets as well.

Pat

SachimO

:o

heyjoe

Esummerlin changed his name to Sachimo...i think we all know who he is now......just another in a long line of name changes....hahaha
It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

Warthog

OK, the ammo I like to use in my 22 Magnums is CCI Gold Dot hollow point ammo.  Gun seems to like them too.  8)
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

wolfsvein

Im new but have been a strong advocate for the naa mins for a long time in areas I need to care discreet this is what I carry I'm looking for to the Ranger 2 to continue with another deep carry option in which I could reload with it needed. I did put in for the early bird I'm hoping I get picked because the 1.25 is only available in the evening addition. That is the size I'm looking for.

Ruger

Quote from: Warty62 on October-12-17 22:10
OK, the ammo I like to use in my 22 Magnums is CCI Gold Dot hollow point ammo.  Gun seems to like them too.  8)

Yeah, I like them also, plus they are nice and shiny.  :)
Never Take anything Too Seriously . .Just Enough Will Do.

myerstown

Guess we'll wait and see.  ;D

smokeless joe

Quote from: wolfsvein on October-29-17 16:10
I did put in for the early bird I'm hoping I get picked because the 1.25 is only available in the evening addition. That is the size I'm looking for.
I don't think that after the eb they won't continue with the 1.5 barrel they will just add other barrel lengths in addition to the 1.5

MtGoat

I am assuming the EB edition is only special serial numbers and early access.
Do others think that there will be other changes with the production run?

Pat

Warthog

The EBs will have an EB prefix to the serial number.  I doubt there will be anything else to change though.
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

smokeless joe

Quote from: MtGoat on October-30-17 13:10
I am assuming the EB edition is only special serial numbers and early access.
Do others think that there will be other changes with the production run?

Pat
I would think that over time some small tweaks could possibly happen, like the pin assembly changed on the black widow. A new idea or better way to improve an existing product. Time will tell.

boddah4

I doubt I'll get an early bird, but when do you think we'll find out? It said they were taking preorders through the end of the month (today) I believe. Anyone think we'll know tomorrow?

45flint

I don't quite understand the pessimism? When the original BT came out I think there were EB orders in the 200s?  They are saying they will put 250 in the EB program.  I just wonder how many original owners will buy what is really a duplicate gun? I couldn't justify it?  I just think there is a good chance the EB program won't hit the 250 and everyone gets a gun?  Will know soon enough

ikoiko

I missed out on the original Ranger because I was waiting for a possibly lower price on a production model. I am on the EB preorder now, though it appears the Ranger 11 will go into production. A "once bitten" type of thing in my case.

Bigbird48

only 125 EB's to forum members the other 125 to distibutors ;)

45flint

Quote from: Bigbird48 on October-31-17 12:10

Still optimistic

smokeless joe

Quote from: 45flint on October-31-17 12:10
Quote from: Bigbird48 on October-31-17 12:10

Still optimistic
I will say I'm hopeful. If I am supposed to get the eb I will. If not I will purchase a regular production model down the road. Won't be long before we know.

Uncle_Lee

Quote from: 45flint on October-31-17 11:10
I don't quite understand the pessimism? When the original BT came out I think there were EB orders in the 200s?  They are saying they will put 250 in the EB program.  I just wonder how many original owners will buy what is really a duplicate gun? I couldn't justify it?  I just think there is a good chance the EB program won't hit the 250 and everyone gets a gun?  Will know soon enough

I got 2 originals and will get 2 of these.
Why?
To put into the shoebox.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

Ruger

Don73

Last I was told 100 EB's to forum posters, and 150 EB's for a lottery type draw for those that preordered.

Ruger

Quote from: Don73 on October-31-17 19:10
Last I was told 100 EB's to forum posters, and 150 EB's for a lottery type draw for those that preordered.

By who?  Sandy's October Soapbox doesn't indicate that.

Bj

Shouldn't be long now before we find out.  I had the same question.

Bj

I think it is about 7am in Utah right now, when do you think we will start hearing who gets EB?  I will guess in about 4 hours from now, about 11am Utah time.  What do you think?

45flint

Wish you guys all they best!  Just order yesterday my PS4 bundled with the new Call of Duty WW2.  Given I never get to the range any more I thought I should still keep shooting!  That releases on Nov 6th so I should be up and running before you.

Don73

My info from above came from a phone call, call NAA and they will tell you what is going to happen with the EB's. Probably will be a couple of days to sort thru pre-orders maybe sooner.

PaducahMichael

Just a reminder, this is from the Soapbox for October:

QuoteAs I earlier indicated, we will prioritize acceptance and fulfillment of these orders based on the number of posts you've made to our Message Board.  Admittedly, this is an imperfect/flawed measure of your "friendship" with the factory.

The EB allocation will be 250 pieces, and we will ship half of our production to satisfy these orders. The other half will be delivered to our "primary" customers, our distributor partners.

No lottery mentioned, nothing about 100 to forum members. Perhaps the criteria have changed - but this was the last official word.

I expect it will be the end of this week or first of next week before we hear anything. The suspense is killing me!
"The world is made for people who aren't cursed with self awareness."

ikoiko

I read it as 125 to forum, 125 to distributors.

Bj

"The EB allocation will be 250 pieces, and we will ship half of our production to satisfy these orders. The other half will be delivered to our "primary" customers, our distributor partners."

I read this that half of production will be for EB, that is 250 pieces.  Other half of production goes to distributors which is not part of EB.

My opinion.

MR_22

Quote from: Bj4995012 on November-01-17 08:11
"The EB allocation will be 250 pieces, and we will ship half of our production to satisfy these orders. The other half will be delivered to our "primary" customers, our distributor partners."

I read this that half of production will be for EB, that is 250 pieces.  Other half of production goes to distributors which is not part of EB.

My opinion.

Wow, I can see it both ways. I was going to agree with you BJ, but then I read the above again, and I changed my mind to agree with ikoiko. Then I changed it back again. Now I'm not sure which one I agree with. (How's that for a wishy-washy response??? :D )

redhawk4

If it says the EB allocation will be 250, then that's what it is IMO, it then goes on to say half the production will be diverted towards supplying the 250. As there is no cap on production of this model, I don't believe it makes sense to interpret the comment differently.
Old Enough to Know Better - Still Too Young to Care

I "Acted the Fool" so often in School they made me get an Equity Card

smokeless joe

I don't care about the other 249 pieces. Just my one 😄