WTB NAA RANGERS Want one NIB and one used to carry please.

Started by big_gus, February-11-12 19:02

Previous topic - Next topic

big_gus

I am looking to buy 2 NAA Break Top Rangers. I want one NIB and one used to carry as the title says. I have the money in the safe so if you have one for sale please let me know. Thanks.
"AMERICA LOVE IT OR GET OUT!" R. Lee Ermey

"If a Psychopath runs over 20 people with a car, should you be banned from owning a car? People are hit EVERYDAY by cars... Gun Control makes as much sense as Car Control!"  Myself

NRA Endowment Life Member and Proud supporter of the Second Amendment!! :)

chopprs

big_gus

Thanks, I was high bidder on it until few minutes ago at $1125. I have met my bidding peak for now. I was also high bidder on the previous one for almost the entire 14 days until something strange happened... I am wondering if that transaction will even be completed? Anyway I noticed several NIB have sold for around 1000 and one NIB for less than 700. Of course I doubt I will find one less than 700 but would like to find one NIB around a grand and one used for a couple hundo less. Thanks.

"If a Psychopath runs over 20 people with a car, should you be banned from owning a car? People are hit EVERYDAY by cars... Gun Control makes as much sense as Car Control!"  Myself

chopprs

.....well, I have found that if you look long and hard enough you can find just about anything! LOL

They certainly do not seem to be going down in price though....

Good luck and when you do find them post pics here, we love pics!

louiethelump

One sold on here last week and was listed as well used and marked from carry and went for 800.  I am expecting the one I have to go in the 1400 to 1500 range, and maybe it will set a new record and go over 1500............... who knows?

Auctions are fun, aren't they?

I offered it here first and the owner would have taken 1200 for it with the stags....... but not a single person expressed any interest in it whatsoever................
Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

big_gus

I sure would have been interested if I would have saw it, Louie. I would have given 1200 for it with the stags, of course I guess you already know that with my bidding on it. I sure would have liked to have picked up that used one for 800. That is EXACTLY what I am looking for!!!

cedarview kid

Wish I could sell my two sequential-serial Rangers. Sigh. They would make a great carry/save combo. Can't get myself to think about it, tho.

Uncle_Lee

"Wish I could sell my two sequential-serial Rangers. Sigh. They would make a great carry/save combo. Can't get myself to think about it, tho."

I feel the same way.

Bad place to be, isn't it?

God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

m82a1pa

Wish I'd bought a set of those grips.  I think they're discontinued?

big_gus

I will give either of you guys $2000 PLUS shipping/insurance to my FFL if either of you want to sell your pair of Break Tops. And Remember, I WILL CARRY ONE OF THEM! NAA Collector, I will give you $2500 PLUS s/i if you want to throw in the Snake Eyes. Come on dont you think its time to cash in your investments? With that new handejector mini coming out, it might cause the BTs to plummet! OK I see if I can find the money to buy both sets...LOL

PS. I am serious about my offers, just let me know if you are interested...

45flint

Big Gus, I actually am doing the same thing, I carry one of my BT's daily, the early bird special #114 and I keep my purchased #501 unfired.  Cased them with my own grips.  I could never sell my early bird but the #501 really doesn't mean that much to me.  Just cool having two, I never thought I would get the #501 order filled.  That #114 changes clothes for every occasion.  Right now he is in his latest "Chong"

cedarview kid

big_gus

45 Flint, are you saying you would consider selling the one BT?

45flint

Not right now, just don't want to break up the set but I see what you are trying to do.  These really are wonderful guns to carry and I think most will just go into gun safes.  Having shot my first one before they went crazy gives me some freedom to keep using it.  

Steve

cedarview kid

Embarassingly, both of my two break-tops have never even seen rounds in the cylinders. For value considerations, perhaps this is good, but I don't know how they shoot or how they carry. :-/

I have, however, replaced both grips. One has 15,000-year-old Mastodon grips with a great pattern and the other has brown giraffe grips. Both are BYOOTEEFUL! :-)

I need some tight fitting holders, tho, like maybe some Mad Hats. Or maybe a dual Patriot Joe. :-)

45flint

I don't see how you shoot a $1500 gun which is a shame.  Maybe that is why the first shootable BT means more to me.

cedarview kid

Right. I don't collect "unshootable" guns. Seems like a waste to me. It seems I have two of them now, tho, although they didn't used to be when I bought them.

45flint

There was one in the last several weeks that sold that was shot and carried? what did it go for not sure I saw?

Steve

Uncle_Lee

"Wish I'd bought a set of those grips. I think they're discontinued?"

I think those were the last 2 sets of engraved mag grips that NAA had.
God, Country, & Flag

cedarview kid

True, but I think you'll still see the grips become available. I've seen them for sale here on the NAA board occasionally, as well as on eBay. You just have to keep your eyes open.

zippovarga

Uncle lee.....That knife is absolutely the epitome of class and elegance. What is it???????? I GOTTA KNOW!!! lol

zippovarga

Having enlarged the photo I see it's etched with "Cowboy Toothpick".....Maker???? Thanks lee

Uncle_Lee

The knife???????

Embarrassing...

Yes, it is a "Cowboy Toothpick"

I bought it at the local cigarette outlet to use in the pictures of the Breaktop.

It cost me a whole $2.99.

Made in china.  

I also bought a "Biker's Toothpick" to use in other pictures.

All stainless, no wood.
God, Country, & Flag

chopprs

Does the "Bikers Toothpick" come pre-soiled?

.....get that for me would ya?

Uncle_Lee

God, Country, & Flag

zippovarga

lol...I'd say it was a worthwhile investment even though it is a cheapie, it looks very elegant. If nothing else, it'll make a good letter opener!

zippovarga

Uncle_Lee

WOW, my little toothpicks may end up worth as much as NAA Rangers....

They are mainly props to use in pictures. I have one that is my letter opener.
God, Country, & Flag

jbbooksyahoocom

If you still need a ranger, I have one on Gunbroker.

G50AE

MR_22

Quote from: G50AE on November-10-14 16:11
Welcome to the forum jbbooksyahoocom.  8)

Yeah, welcome from me, too--three years later. :)