Best Looking Modern Revolver?

Started by toasterburn, October-11-17 15:10

Previous topic - Next topic

toasterburn

What do you think is the most attractive looking (non NAA) modern revolver?

I'm partial to a Ruger SP101, S&W TRR8, and of course the Colt Python.

pietro

I vote the S&W New Model No.3 Nickel

Be careful if you follow the masses - Sometimes the M is silent

Warthog

I like these.  I will post better pix tomorrow of the best of these.

I also like a Python, right now my Dad is keeping it and never shoots it but soon it will be mine.  8)
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

OLD and GRUMPY

Most likely the Colt Peacemaker. That is partly from growing up on old cowboy  shows.      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8YrY9Fm100

What is your cut off for modern?

Over all the 1862 Pocket Police or 1861 Navy look best. 

As for overall feel and fit -----

I have fired many pistols and the best feel ever was my 1851 Navy.   Right out of the box it lay in my hand better than any other modern gun. Was like pointing my finger.  In open top Colts the bore sits lower in the hand than others.

Sam Colt got it right in 1851.  All others build on that.
Death before Decaf !!!!!

redhawk4

Modern in terms of you can buy a new one still, or modern design of revolder? The nickel S&W model 3/Schofield takes some beating if the former is the standard, simply beautiful.
Old Enough to Know Better - Still Too Young to Care

I "Acted the Fool" so often in School they made me get an Equity Card

Dovahdjinn

cedarview kid

Chiappa White Rhino! :)

redhawk4

While that illustrates my point about modern production, vs modern design, the Rhino can surely not be considered a good looking revolver even in your gun loving mind :)

Uncle_Lee

I can't do it.
They are all so beautiful.

Even the RG's and Rhom's.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

RogueTS1

I do not know if these qualify but my vote goes to the Case Color Hardened SAA with Ivory grips:

Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

RogueTS1

...........but then again, maybe the Nickel Plated SAA's with Water Buffalo grips? I cannot say for sure............ they are both so beautiful.  ::)
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

MR_22

Quote from: redhawk4 on October-12-17 00:10
While that illustrates my point about modern production, vs modern design, the Rhino can surely not be considered a good looking revolver even in your gun loving mind :)

In my mind? Yes. I love it. In your mind? Apparently not. :)

redhawk4

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder :) I don't find them ugly they have a certain appeal, but beautiful is not a word I'd use. They are however one of the few revolvers you could describe as "modern", because they took a concept and changed it drastically with the thought to improve on an old concept.

Warthog

These ar what I like best when it comes to modern revolvers other than the snubbies I posted, those I love to carry.

Ruger Security Sixes, I have all the barrel lengths but one, 3 inch.  Maybe one day I will find one of those and complete my set.

And the Colt Python is another big favorite of mine.
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

MR_22

Quote from: redhawk4 on October-12-17 10:10
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder :) I don't find them ugly they have a certain appeal, but beautiful is not a word I'd use. They are however one of the few revolvers you could describe as "modern", because they took a concept and changed it drastically with the thought to improve on an old concept.

True, the do look modern, or maybe even futuristic, which is probably why it's featured as the main gun in the Divergent movie series, as well as the remake of Total Recall. Perhaps beauty is not the correct term for the Rhino, the, but maybe something more like "awesome looking" LOL.

Warthog

I fired a Rhino, was very nice to shoot.  I would have to find one online as none of my LGSs want them anywhere near them.  :'(
-Albert Einstein

MR_22

Quote from: Warty62 on October-12-17 13:10
I fired a Rhino, was very nice to shoot.  I would have to find one online as none of my LGSs want them anywhere near them.  :'(

I bought both of mine online. I've never seen one at a LGS. Cost me extra shipping and transfer fees, but as a bonus, I saved on sales tax. (Oh, wait, scratch that--I reported the sales tax on my state income tax form, wink wink.)

Arts09

Good o'l Dirty Harry!

Warthog

I have one of those arts09, I also have two Rugers in 44 Magnum, an Alaskan and a Redhawk.  Of course I also have some Single Sction 44 magnum revolvers too.  The 44 magnum is one of my favorite rounds but now I tend to shoot my 357 magnums more often.  Maybe I am getting old, the 44's tend to hurt me when shooting them more now than they once did.
-Albert Einstein

Arts09

Agree Warty. The 44 Mag is a nice round, but can be harsh on the o'l hands at times. Always wanted to get the Redhawk w/7.5" barrel, but never pulled the trigger on one. Those suckers are built like tanks! I have a couple 586 Smith's that i tend to shoot more than the 29.

lefty dude

Mine would be the Original Thompson Contender, Beautiful lines indeed, with a tapered octagon barrel.

Bj

Years ago I had a contender.

boone123

lefty dude
I have a Gen 1,with 4 barrels. Took it out  and shot it about a week ago for the first time in many years. One of my barrels is a 218 Bee. 14 in. Never shot it. Lost  interest in it .Nice gun.

lign

Hmmm. What do you mean by "modern?" I agree about the beauty of some of those guns from 140+ years ago (Colt Thunderer, 1873 Peacmaker, etc) but don't think those are modern.

I'll go out on a limb here and say the Taurus Raging Bull in .454 Casull that I used to have was one of the most beautiful guns. The profile of the massive end of the barrel and the extra cylinder latch (like the old S&W Triple Lock) were just completely eye-pleasing in the high-polish stainless steel. I couldn't find photos of mine from when I sold it on gunbroker, so here's one from Google

Warthog

As long as you don't have to shoot the Taurus, I suppose it might be decent to look at.  :P
-Albert Einstein

MR_22

Quote from: Warty62 on October-16-17 04:10
As long as you don't have to shoot the Taurus, I suppose it might be decent to look at.  :P

Especially when it's dressed up in some sexy wood and leather. Hubba hubba. :)

Doc Nonverbal

This is a S&W .22/32 Heavy Frame Target from 1919.  These were I-frame revolvers, smaller than J frame and absolutely dwarfed by the K frame. 
Flames from one log leap to another
fire kindles fire;
a wise man learn from the minds of others
a fool prefers his own.

rooftopkorean

Ruger SP101
Ruger Redhawk 44 Magnum
Chiappa Rhino just because I love new concepts on an old idea

rogertc1

My titanium Taurus View is rather unusually attractive and tiny for a 38spc. 9 ounces, 5.5 long and 3.5 tall.  The internal parts are high polished.
Not may  Views Around.  They had a problem with the clear Lucite panel cracking at the screws so they recalled and replaced with a metal side. The last few were  called the non View. Firearm History now. Thus I collect. Soon  my Ranger 2 will come in too.
Now my EB Swinger is 6.7 oz, 5 in long and 2.8 tall. It is a lot smaller.
ROGER

billt460

Most any 80's pre lock Smith & Wesson.

To Old To Run

I don't use any sugar with my morning coffee,  but with all these pictures of your beautiful guns it does seem to get sweeter.
Thank you all for taking the time to post them, this old guy really enjoys all of them.  :)

billt460

1sogdusm

I kind of like the top two revolvers!

OLD and GRUMPY

Quote from: 1sogdusm on December-08-17 21:12
I kind of like the top two revolvers!

Think we might have a winner with the Ranger.

This is not because I love NAA .

It combines Modern and History.  There's a little "Schofield" in it while keeping a gamblers pocket gun look.

Picture this------

A river boat gambler with a engraved Ranger on a silver chain as a vest pocket backup to a fine open top Colt '61 Navy all in a rig by the Kid or Rick !
Death before Decaf !!!!!

Dinadan

For pure looks I think that the Ruger Single Six and Vaquero are hard to beat. A lot of that probably has to do with my age and growing up on a diet of Westerns.  Here is my .32 Single Six.