WTB NAA Companion

Started by scbuxton, February-22-12 19:02

Previous topic - Next topic

scbuxton

I'm looking for an inexpensive companion LR. Worn is OK as long as it works.

Thanks, scbuxton

cedarview kid

What's inexpensive?

Uncle_Lee

Not many of those out there.

I'll post the next one I see.

I just saw the "LR" in your post.

I haven't seen but maybe 2 of those for sale in the last 3 years.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

scbuxton

150$ range is what I'm hoping for. Maybe a little optamistic, but I'll look for a while.

Thanks, rb

cedarview kid

I agree, I haven't seen the LR versions much. I have one, but I don't really know what it's worth. $150 does seem a bit low.

Uncle_Lee

Yes, a bit low.  

A big bit.
God, Country, & Flag

45flint

I would love the black powder Earl but just hard for me to put the money into it

chopprs

Can one send a gun to NAA and have a BP cylinder fitted?

I don't see why not.....

A BP Mini-Master would be pretty kewl!

louiethelump

The BP guns have a frame mounted firing pin.  They different, so my guess is "no"
Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

chopprs

So what is a "BP conversion"?

louiethelump

Maybe ask someone that actually knows?
Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

Uncle_Lee

I have never heard of a Companion BP conversion.
God, Country, & Flag

cedarview kid

Me neither, Unc.

I have a .22LR Companion that I've never shot since purchased, although I didn't buy it new. I might consider selling it off, but not really interested at $150. Maybe it's time to see what the GB market is. And no FFL required.

scbuxton

There's one on GB now w/ no bids @ $190 BIN $200. $25 s&h a little more than I want to put in one. I'm curious to see if it sells.

scbuxton

I have a Super Companion and a C&B Earl I got from Bud's. Cool little guns, fun to shoot. I need (want) the Companion for a belt buckle. I have a Freedom Arms C&B mini w/ buckle and it needs a NAA Companion.

cedarview kid

Need, want, what's the difference? LOL.

The .22LR Companion would probably be great in a buckle. I hadn't thought of doing that. I've carried a standard NAA .22LR in a buckle before, tho, but I always had to have it covered, since I had it loaded.  

It's legal in Utah to carry it in a buckle and display it, if it's unloaded, but it must be concealed if it's loaded and then it requires a permit. Strange, eh?

But, in Utah, I don't think it matters if it's black powder or standard cartridge, with regard to open carry or concealed carry--they're still firearms--and firearms are firearms.

RogueTS1

See; that is the problem with CCW.... the state tries to trip you up with concealment. They need to do like TN.... no CCW; just carry, concealed or open. That way there is no slip ups with accidentally going unconcealed and winding up with a possible trip to the booking room.

Makes life with our guns a whole lot easier.
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

mitchellb3

I have one that I would be willing to part with. I have about 95 .22 cal bullets, some leftover #11 caps, the bullet seater tool, the powder measure, and some extra nipples. Let me know what you'd give for it!

gonzoman1

You still  haven't  shot that companion Dar?? Haven't been here in awhile and just happened to see this thread...

cedarview kid

Sigh. Nope. Hence the name, I guess. I have two Magnum companions that I've shot tho. I still really like it, tho. I get it out every so often and check it out. That count?

gonzoman1

Yeah, I know what you mean...My latest project is trying to figure out how to get  a NEW Keltec PLR16 to run. Im on my second bolt and am about to give up on the thing. More and  more of my guns seem to becoming expensive paper weights! The *** Keltec is ugly as sin though so I cant even look att it without getting pissed off. Might be time to start thinning the herd...

scbuxton

Yahoo!!! I got one for $175 shipped. The same one that's been on GB for a while, I emailed them an offer of $150 and I pay shipping, they said $175 shipped, I said OK called them with a card# and done deal. Now all I gotta do is sit and wait for the mail lady. That little Companion is sure gonna look good on my buckle...

cedarview kid

Sweet deal! Grats!