Wheel Gun Wednesday

Started by smokeless joe, October-18-17 06:10

Previous topic - Next topic

PaducahMichael

Looks great with the pearls! Good choice.
"The world is made for people who aren't cursed with self awareness."

smokeless joe

Quote from: PaducahMichael on March-07-18 18:03
Looks great with the pearls! Good choice.
Thanks Michael

lefty dude

Now that is a very nice Wheel Gun for Wednesday !!!!

Uncle_Lee

Beautiful.......
Thanks for the picture.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

Eastex

I know it's not Wednesday but I'm new here and am taking a break from reading posts on the main forum and thought I'd show off my normal edc. It's a Talo 2 edition Perfomance Center 642. There's no lock which was a big draw for me. It also has polished cylinder flutes, a polished cylinder release and is cut for moon clips. I like the moon clips for getting a good positive ejection with the short ejection rod on the 642. They're not much faster on loading than a speed strip though because the long 38 special rounds pinch in at the ends a bit. What I really love about it is the PC trigger that's had its face polished and radiused. I may have just got lucky and caught someone on a good day because they really tuned that trigger well. I did replace the original
Grips with the crimson trace ones and they're a nice addition too.

Ruger

Eastex . . .Wednesday, Shednesday; nice wheel gun!
Never Take anything Too Seriously . .Just Enough Will Do.

smokeless joe

Quote from: Ruger on March-14-18 10:03
:D  I think you spelled shednesday wrong   ;)

smokeless joe

I think I've posted a pic of all my wheel guns  :-\

I may need to go shopping tomorrow  ::)

I guess I can do a group shot of my LCR's 9mm 38sp 357mag for the night

Ruger

Quote from: smokeless joe on March-14-18 12:03
Quote from: Ruger on March-14-18 10:03
:D  I think you spelled shednesday wrong   ;)

Schmensday? . . . Maybe? (Actually, the spell checker liked the first version)

smokeless joe

Quote from: Ruger on March-15-18 04:03
Schmensday? . . . Maybe? (Actually, the spell checker liked the first version)
Yeah I got nothin  ???

Bigbird48

Yikes 2 Wednesdays have passed since I got my new 442 air and I haven't posted a pic . Well hell there's been plenty of pictures of them here, you all know what it looks like ;D it did happen. It replaced my SXW M&P 9 as my car gun and thats were it is now and were it will stay, except next week when I have to travel to the commi state LOL  :(

smokeless joe

Quote from: Bigbird48 on March-15-18 07:03
Yikes 2 Wednesdays have passed since I got my new 442 air and I haven't posted a pic . Well heck there's been plenty of pictures of them here, you all know what it looks like ;D it did happen. It replaced my SXW M&P 9 as my car gun and thats were it is now and were it will stay, except next week when I have to travel to the commi state LOL  :(
Yeah my LCR 38 is my truck gun. Has been for years. Think I may have missed the pic of your 442 Bigbird. Throw it up there and let me have a look see.

smokeless joe

Range day yesterday with my LCR 9mm

smokeless joe

dbrn

Rossi 38  cal.  3 in . 

smokeless joe

Quote from: dbrn on April-05-18 06:04
Rossi 38  cal.  3 in .
My last boxer was named Rossi. I really miss her. Best dog I ever had.

Warthog

I will try to get some of mine out again and pictures posted.  Too many doctors to so and so little time.

Nice looking revolvers though folks. 8)
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

Ruger

Joe - LCR 9mm - Do you like the moon clips?  Is it hard to remove the brass, or do they bend easy?  I have thought of selling my LCR 38 sp., and going with the 9mm.

smokeless joe

Quote from: Ruger on April-06-18 06:04
Joe - LCR 9mm - Do you like the moon clips?  Is it hard to remove the brass, or do they bend easy?  I have thought of selling my LCR 38 sp., and going with the 9mm.
They are easy to load and unload. If I were you I'd keep the 38. The 9 is very finicky with ammo. It seems to prefer 115 grain.  On my last trip to the range I had the bullet come loose from the cartridge due to the recoil and then the cylinder would not advance to the next round. It is a known issue that I was not aware of when I bought it. Go check reviews on YouTube. Now my SP101 in 9mm has been flawless. No issues at all.

Warthog

The Moon Clips from Ruger are OK but there is a make I get from Midway that are more reasonably priced and they work better, IMO.  I love my 9mm LCR and carry it often too.  Super fast reloads and easy to shoot and hit what is aimed at, even at a decent distance, though shoot outs for a self defense shooting tend to be up close.  I really do love my Ruger LCR 9mm.

"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

smokeless joe

I will say this. The LCR is dead on accurate. Even with my shaky hands. My 357 is the favorite of them all tho.

bleak_window

Went for the ultralight package of full alloy frame, cylinder and grips.

S&W 351c with EFF alloy grips. 

smokeless joe

Quote from: bleak_window on April-08-18 06:04

Nice. How's the recoil?

heyjoe

Quote from: bleak_window on April-08-18 06:04

very nice you must forget its on you at times.
It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

bleak_window

Recoil is worse with the squared-off alloy grips but not too bad.  About the same as the all-steel BW.

Ruger

Joe - Warty - Thanks for the LCR 9mm feedback.  I have considered trading in the 38 sp just to begin to minimize the variations of ammo I stockpile.  My LCR is the only 38 sp. firearm I have, is not my favorite range toy (hurts after two or three cylinders full), and I have numerous 9mm firearms, including handguns and carbines.  "Just lookin' down the road to start consolidating the ammo dump.

smokeless joe

Quote from: Ruger on April-09-18 06:04
Joe - Warty - Thanks for the LCR 9mm feedback.  I have considered trading in the 38 sp just to begin to minimize the variations of ammo I stockpile.  My LCR is the only 38 sp. firearm I have, is not my favorite range toy (hurts after two or three cylinders full), and I have numerous 9mm firearms, including handguns and carbines.  "Just lookin' down the road to start consolidating the ammo dump.
That was my thinking when I purchased it. I have quite a few different 9mm pistols so not having to buy different ammo makes it a no brainer when shopping. Besides the 9mm I have the 22's and the LCR 38 & 357 and then the 5.56 so I don't have too many varieties to worry about. Keeping it fairly simple.

MR_22

I found this Taurus 850 CIA Ultra-Lite wheel gun from 2014 at my LGS today. Seemed like a steal. As they were filling out the paperwork for me, they noted that they've had this revolver in the back room since 2014. It is refurbished (as indicated by the added X in the serial number), but it looked to be in great condition to me. With a hidden hammer, it's DAO, and with the trigger pulled, the cylinder locks up about as tight as it can be. Very happy with this one.

The tag says it's 3-inch, but I think it's a 2.5-inch barrel. I've been looking for one of these for awhile now. Marking one more off on the list! This makes 16 Taurus revolvers in my collection now. What should I add next? (I still have more NAA revolvers than Taurus, but Taurus is catching up!)

Bj

Quote from: MR_22 on April-11-18 08:04
I found this Taurus 850 CIA Ultra-Lite wheel gun from 2014 at my LGS today. Seemed like a steal. As they were filling out the paperwork for me, they noted that they've had this revolver in the back room since 2014. It is refurbished (as indicated by the added X in the serial number), but it looked to be in great condition to me. With a hidden hammer, it's DAO, and with the trigger pulled, the cylinder locks up about as tight as it can be. Very happy with this one.

The tag says it's 3-inch, but I think it's a 2.5-inch barrel. I've been looking for one of these for awhile now. Marking one more off on the list! This makes 16 Taurus revolvers in my collection now. What should I add next? (I still have more NAA revolvers than Taurus, but Taurus is catching up!)

MR_22, have you tried the PT-22.  I saw one at a gun show that made me curious.

PaducahMichael

BJ, I'm pretty sure the PT22 is the Taurus version of the Beretta Bobcat 21A. If that's true, I'd say step on up to the Beretta. I have shot both - very similar - but I've heard the PT22 is more trouble prone. Do some research and form your opinion.

MR_22

I've looked at the Taurus PT-22. I've almost bought one a few times, but my bad experience with a couple Beretta 21A Bobcats prompted me not to buy one. Mine were just not reliable. I've seen some nice-looking PT-22's, though. I just don't need another small semi-auto .22 (unless it's an NAA, of course!).

Also, my taurus collection is strictly revolvers. I don't own a Taurus semi-automatic and never have. Not a single one.

Bj

I think the Beretta 21A, the Taurus PT22, and the Walther THP are all similar.  Only the first two have the pop up barell.  Reviews I read indicate the PT22 has the best sights, holds more rounds and isn't as senitive to ammo brand as the others.  Just looking, when my R2 gets back, I may quickly loose interest.

PaducahMichael

Surprised to hear you had troubles with Bobcat! My Bobcats and Tomcat have been very reliable.

MR_22

Quote from: PaducahMichael on April-11-18 14:04
Surprised to hear you had troubles with Bobcat! My Bobcats and Tomcat have been very reliable.

I had two Bobcats. One was extremely picky with ammo and one was just very picky with ammo. They were pretty good with the Remington Thunderbolts in the green box. One of them was good with another brand, but I forget which one. But that's it. I couldn't get they to shoot a whole magazine-full of anything else. If I had the right ammo, they were great.

I didn't love them and eventually sold them off--well, actually, my mom came to me and said she wanted to buy my dad a .22 for his birthday (or Christmas? I forget) and asked if I had any suggestions. So I sold her the better of the two. When my mom died and my dad remarried, somebody stole his Beretta from his new wife's house while he was away. (I think it was either his wife or her son, but there's no way we could prove it).

I personally like my Beretta 950 Minx better. The Bobcats were too fat.

smokeless joe

Quote from: MR_22 on April-11-18 08:04

I just have one question. What the heck prompted you to post a wheel gun on Wednesday  ;D ;D ;D