Question about Rangers?

Started by Warthog, October-27-17 16:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Warthog

This is for those who have the original Ranger.  How do you switch the cylinders?  Does it simply lift off and the other one slides on or what?

I wonder if this will be the same for the Ranger II?  It would seem like it would but I suppose we will see when they start arriving. ???
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

45flint

The original Ranger has a release lever that you would depress to unlock the cylinder and it lifts off. No conversion cylinder was ever made for the first Ranger.  The Ranger 2 doesn't have this release lever, it looks like the top strap lifts up and you then you pull it off.  Changing cylinders should be easy. 

This shows you how the cylinder comes off :
https://youtu.be/gzkck1bJTqU

Warthog

Thank You, it sounds pretty easy to do then.  Thank you 45flint
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

Bj

Don73

Thanks for the video, answers some questions.

Warthog

Thanks for the video too, it does answer my question.
-Albert Einstein

tocsn40

That is of the first Ranger not the new one.
Tocsn40

45flint

Quote from: tocsn40 on October-29-17 00:10
That is of the first Ranger not the new one.

Yes hope that was obvious but I think the new Breaktop will be very similar except that the cylinder is held on by top strap indent and of course the different latch. You can see the extra expense they had in the original release system, lots of extra machining.