Cvang grips vs. belt buckle

Started by Bluelitenin, October-24-17 15:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluelitenin

So as it turns out Cvang grips wont work with the NAA belt buckle. I just purchased my first set of Cvang grips. I put them on my ported magnum that I use with the belt buckle. Since the grips extend all the way up to the cylinder they make it so the gun no longer will lock into the belt buckle. So I will have to put them on another mini.

Gog

That doesn't surprise me but it's a shame. At least you have other mini's to attire with the grips, eh?
I'd like to see a picture of a regular (stocky? Fluffy?) wearing the belt buckle mini. I bet it conceals great.

smokeless joe

I'll bet if you modified the grips as in cut them back from where they move up toward the cylinder they might work. I saw in another thread where someone did that mod and it didn't look bad.

Warthog

Would have to agree, they might be workable if you modified the grips.
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

tocsn40

This is my mod. Love the wood of the day
Tocsn40

MtGoat

That is not unlike modifying the C-Vang grips to fit on a Sidewinder.
I think it was Uncle Lee or one of the constant contributors simply radiused the bottom side of the grip and got rid of the interference and they looked great.

Pat

I found it http://naaminis.com/smf/index.php?topic=6719.msg99137#msg99137

Uncle_Lee

Use a half round file and file like this:     go slow, try often......

God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

MtGoat

That's the one.
You can use the same concept on your belt buckle conundrum.

Pat

tocsn40

Quote from: MtGoat on October-28-17 07:10
That's the one.
You can use the same concept on your belt buckle conundrum.

Pat
The new grips are not solid its like injection molded. So the underside has pockets in it not like the first ones
Tocsn40

MtGoat

Warthog

Same as my newer grips, it should still work though if you cut it as above.
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

Bluelitenin

Well, I'm not so keen on cutting new grips. I'll just put them on another Mini

Warthog

Boot Grips give a good grip on these little beasts, I like them almost as much as CVangs!
-Albert Einstein