Bugout VS Black Widow

Started by MtGoat, November-18-17 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

MtGoat

Other than looks I don't see much difference between a Black Widow and a Bugout.
I just removed the orange grips and am swapping other grips around and got to thinking maybe I don't need to get the Black Widow as planned now...maybe get a standard production Ranger II instead????

Does the Black Widow have anything that the Bug Out doesn't.

BTW I installed a set of BW grips so now it is the Black Bug  ;D

Pat

autofull

i agree with you guy. i love the bug out. get a 22mag cylinder for her and off ya go. kevin

grayelky

The BW has another 1/2 inch of barrel, which means another 1/2" of muzzle velocity and sight radius. The sights on the BW are more conducive to shooting (maybe). In my humble opinion, the Bug Out has better sights for defensive shooting.

I am considering sending a BO back for a mag cylinder and changing my EDC mini. If I don't like it after I carry it for a while, I can always go back to my 1 5/8" Wasp w/ CVangs.
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

franco22

A little longer barrel, 22 mag instead of 22 lr (although you can get a 22lr Black Widow) different cylinder pin and different grips are the differences i see. You've already changed the grips so that's a wash. I really like my Black Widow but my new Sidewinder is growing on me after taking it to the range. I should get my 2.5" Sidewinder next week to go along with the BW and standard Sidewinder. I too will be getting a Ranger II when available. I can't say I wasn't warned about the addictive nature of these little guys.

grayelky

Actually, they are NOT addictive. How can you get addicted to something you really, really need......

franco22

QuoteActually, they are NOT addictive. How can you get addicted to something you really, really need......

As an addictions counselor I've been trained to spot denial, rationalization and other defenses addicts use to defend their addictions. Just sayin'. lol

redhawk4

Quote from: franco22 on November-18-17 11:11
QuoteActually, they are NOT addictive. How can you get addicted to something you really, really need......

As an addictions counselor I've been trained to spot denial, rationalization and other defenses addicts use to defend their addictions. Just sayin'. lol

It sounds like a case of "physician heal thyself" for you Franco, pots and kettles springing to mind :)
Old Enough to Know Better - Still Too Young to Care

I "Acted the Fool" so often in School they made me get an Equity Card

franco22

Quote from: redhawk4 on November-18-17 11:11
Quote from: franco22 on November-18-17 11:11

It sounds like a case of "physician heal thyself" for you Franco, pots and kettles springing to mind :)

Actually I believe I'm the one admitting my addiction. Now if I can only find a support group to talk me out of buying minis. I think I may be in the wrong place for that here. ;)

ikoiko

Hang around a barber shop long enough, . . . .

grayelky

Quote from: franco22 on November-18-17 12:11
Actually I believe I'm the one admitting my addiction. Now if I can only find a support group to talk me out of buying minis. I think I may be in the wrong place for that here. ;)
In the odd event you do find a support group to talk you, or anyone, OUT of buying more minis, PLEASE, for the love of God, KEEP IT TO YOURSELF!!

I suspect I may be so bold as to say I am likely echoing Sandy on this one!

And for the record, I am not addicted. I do need all the ones I have bought and will buy. If I did not need them, why would Sandy build them. I have met him. He is a nice guy. I am sure he would not do anything evil nor vile like manufacture an addicting product......

RogueTS1

The BW also has a rear sight ..........................
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

MtGoat

Quote from: grayelky on November-18-17 10:11
The BW has another 1/2 inch of barrel, which means another 1/2" of muzzle velocity and sight radius. The sights on the BW are more conducive to shooting (maybe). In my humble opinion, the Bug Out has better sights for defensive shooting.

I am considering sending a BO back for a mag cylinder and changing my EDC mini. If I don't like it after I carry it for a while, I can always go back to my 1 5/8" Wasp w/ CVangs.

You mean like this?
I got the Wasp magnum cylinder so I can tell the difference.

Pat

Bigbird48

I don't know, I  can't compare anything. Rick has my BO so he can build you guys holsters. I have to go sit in his shop to fondle my Bug Out ::) ;D So Please everyone who wants a bugout holster order soon I miss my Bugout, it wants to come home ;)

Warthog

IDK, I am very happy with my Black Widow.  Shoots great and accurately and is a great carry piece.  The Bug Out is a nice piece too, it isn't a magnum and would take money and time at the factory to become able to shoot mags.  I will stick with my BW until I get a Ranger.
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

MtGoat

Quote from: Bigbird48 on November-18-17 21:11
I don't know, I  can't compare anything. Rick has my BO so he can build you guys holsters. I have to go sit in his shop to fondle my Bug Out ::) ;D So Please everyone who wants a bugout holster order soon I miss my Bugout, it wants to come home ;)

Done, Thank you for your sacrifice :)

Pat

Bigbird48

Espresso4blood

Here is mine with a magnum bull cylinder.

Canoeal

BW for sure. Too many angles and curves that serve no purpose on the Bugout...
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

smokeless joe

I don't own a bugout but based on looks I would go with the black widow (which I do own) it just seems to be a bit more solid. The bugout seems to be in between the magnum and the bw.