I have a NAA short I got back in the 70s

Started by rogertc1, November-21-17 14:11

Previous topic - Next topic

rogertc1

On Gun Auction I noticed the hammer was different. this is not on new guns either. Any ideals?

MR_22

Quote from: rogertc1 on November-21-17 14:11
On Gun Auction I noticed the hammer was different. this is not on new guns either. Any ideals?

The cylinder lock on those old minis is on the top, rather than on the bottom, and it is hammer actuated. it's kind of a cool design. The hammer has a little ramp on the left side that moves the cylinder lock. I had a Rocky Mountain Arms mini with the same mechanism, but sadly, I sold it. The first NAA minis were (as far as I can tell) identical to those Rocky Mountain Arms minis.

Warthog

Cool, I like the 22 Short Minis and this one is a nice one.  I don't have one from that era, it is a nice buy.
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

LHB

I have one with the same action, but it is a NAA, from Newbery Park, also marked on the left side, then the "new" action, marked on the right side, and a LR, marked on the right side.