ITS SHIPPED

Started by Bigbird48, November-28-17 13:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigbird48

Well I'm 440 miles from NAA factory shipped yesterday expected delivery Friday 1 Dec
just checked tracking and still says a label was created and waiting to be picked up

Warthog

No notice yet.  I hope one of you who has both Rangers will post a picture of them together.
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

redhawk4

Quote from: Bigbird48 on November-29-17 14:11
Well I'm 440 miles from NAA factory shipped yesterday expected delivery Friday 1 Dec
just checked tracking and still says a label was created and waiting to be picked up
It's possible it hasn't left the factory, but USPS tracking is incredibly fickle, the packages only seem to get scanned and updated at certain locations. I bought a Coach Gun on Gunbroker and it got into the system and then nothing happened for several days after it left the first location, I began to think it was lost, eventually I called USPS, which was a waste of time because they have no idea of knowing where it is either, as they are looking at the same information you have. I set up an email to give me updates because I got tired of looking, but still did (you know how it is). Next morning still nothing, then my FFL calls me to tell me he has it, I looked at the tracking, still nothing new. I went and picked the gun up, came home and cleaned it and did some other stuff, checked the tracking for the heck of it, still nothing. Half an hour later at about 4.00 pm I got an email with updated tracking, it was all filled in retrospectively with all the missing tracking information, showing all the steps that had been missing for days and the activity of that day from the post office to the FFL - it rather defeats the object of tracking if you get the information after it arrives :(
Old Enough to Know Better - Still Too Young to Care

I "Acted the Fool" so often in School they made me get an Equity Card

RangerJim

Now that's just pathetic, Redhawk ... and extremely frustrating!  They had ONE job!   :o   ::)
So, making guns illegal will take them off the street?
Perfect!  We should probably make heroine and meth illegal, too!

Bigbird48

well it just got to the post office in Provo expected delivery Dec 4th, now thats pathetic I can ride there in 6 hours but the PO takes 6 days to get it to me >:(
November 29, 2017, 6:56 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
PROVO UT PROCESSING CENTER
Your item arrived at our PROVO UT PROCESSING CENTER origin facility on November 29, 2017 at 6:56 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
November 29, 2017, 5:41 pm
Accepted at USPS Regional Origin Facility
PROVO UT PROCESSING CENTER
November 28, 2017, 6:49 pm
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
PROVO, UT 84606 

RangerJim

That's crazy, BB!   :o  Again ...  They have ONE job!  Pathetic.   ::)

redhawk4

The other Saturday we mailed a package to my wife's daughter. It went out 2 day Priority Mail, the receipt said it would be there on Monday. It disappeared with a delay after leaving Vegas for 2 days and eventually arrived on Wednesday at 10am, despite the tracking information not be updated at 1.30 pm, it still said it was delayed and they'd advise us of the new expected delivery date. Once again the tracking miraculously updated itself later in the day. Their house is 290 miles from ours, had it not been sent to their PO box at the Post Office, instead of their house, they wouldn't have received it until Thursday. My wife called USPS to complain, apparently it was "too bad.so sad" their 2 day Priority Mail means nothing, there's no guarantee and they cannot even tell you what caused the delay. If they weren't USPS they'd probably be prosecuted for false advertising and misrepresenting the service. I've noticed USPS's prices have gone up and many of the cheaper services for packages have been done away with in the last 2 years, but as prices have gone up, their service has gone down.

Hopefully all Ranger II's will ship as advertised, in fairness to USPS I've had a few things arrive sooner than the original estimate for the delivery, but every so often you get that one that takes way longer, usually it's the thing you desperately need or are eagerly anticipating - Like a Ranger :)

Ruger

I purchased a Trigger upgrade (Non NAA seller), had USPS tracking; it disappeared.   Contacted the seller; had it reshipped two weeks later (we had to wait for it to possibly show up).  Received the second trigger.  The first is sitting under a conveyor somewhere I guess; or somebody got a really nice trigger upgrade for free!
Never Take anything Too Seriously . .Just Enough Will Do.

MtGoat

I shipped a Vise and packaged it really well.
It was double boxed with the inner box a double cardboard box with packing material etc inside a USPS flat Rate box but it fit perfect.
I was very proud of my packaging with this one.

Well it got "lost" and the e-Bay buyer would do nothing to check into it even though they got the notification to call.
I called around and they found it.  It had blown out of the box and they had no delivery address.
I asked the USPS guy how the heck.
He said at one of their sorting facilities there was a four foot drop from one conveyor to another and that took the packaging out.
The vice was fine just no label.
He boxed it up and shipped it on for me.

He did say the week before they broke a box of rocks on the same conveyor system (the rocks not the box were broken).

That said I often see the USPS deliver a day or two early.
I would check on Saturday and see if they might get it to you early.

Pat

Bigbird48

its really weird I can ship priority mail to NH from AZ on Monday and she has it on Wed.But they can'y get a package 400 miles in 6 days and they wonder why the PO has so many problems.

Bigbird48

so in 2 days its gone 44 miles >:( USPS PRIORITY MAIL

November 30, 2017, 12:38 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
SALT LAKE CITY UT NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
Your item arrived at our USPS facility in SALT LAKE CITY UT NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER on November 30, 2017 at 12:38 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

redhawk4

It's feverish anticipation that jinxes the "well oiled" wheels of USPS machine.

Try mailing a substantial check to someone, anywhere in the country, and see how quickly they get it and the money leaves your bank account. Try waiting for a substantial check from someone else - you'll soon see how it works :) Try waiting for a Ranger II, with that level of anticipation it could be an awfully long wait, both real and imagined :(

redhawk4

Quote from: Bigbird48 on November-30-17 10:11

Your item arrived at our USPS facility in SALT LAKE CITY UT NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER on November 30, 2017 at 12:38 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

Well look on the bright side, at least it didn't get stolen in Provo :)

I'm pretty sure the way the mail runs here, that even for folks like me and Mr22 who live near the factory, they will have to go to the Salt Lake depot and come back, so that's 2 or 3 days even for us, depending what time they are picked up from the NAA factory.

Realistically, the NAA factory to Salt Lake is about 45 minutes outside of rush hour times, I15 the whole way, just to rub some salt in those wounds :)

MR_22

Yeah, good points, redhawk. Well, they'll come when they come and not a second sooner.

Plus my dealer is only a part-time gunsmith FFL without a storefront, so I have to schedule a time when he's available. He treats me well, though. We were neighbors 20 years ago, but we've both moved since then, but we keep in touch. Our mutual interests have made us better friends since we moved away from each other--mostly because of Facebook.

Bigbird48

yea and my FFL has a regular job also and works out of his house so I have to make an appointment to pick it up :(

JRobyn

My FFL has a real nice store front/store.  Guess that's why they charge $40 for the privilege of a transfer!?!

Bigbird48

hard to find a deal on a gun when you have to tac on an additional $60 for shipping and transfer fee's :(

MR_22

Yeah, shipping and transfer fees can bite you. I've visited a few local gun stores and asked how much they would charge to transfer a gun and if it's over 30 dollars, I go somewhere else. Some of them are a $40, yikes. For a few years, my closest dealer charged me $15, but he's out of business by now--maybe because he only charged $15! Most dealers I do business with do a flat $20--and they get my business a LOT. If I get a good deal on a transfer, I'm likely to go back there to buy stuff.

MtGoat

Quote from: Bigbird48 on November-30-17 10:11

Have you seen I-15 at rush hour?
We were heading to Sonoma last summer and it took us over 2 hours to get from Ogden to Lehi.
That used to be an hour drive.

It is just stuck in traffic.  ::)

Pat

MR_22

Quote from: MtGoat on November-30-17 12:11
Have you seen I-15 at rush hour?
We were heading to Sonoma last summer and it took us over 2 hours to get from Ogden to Lehi.
That used to be an hour drive.

It is just stuck in traffic.  ::)

Pat

Yeah, Pat, it can be bad, all right. Nothing like LA during rush hour, tho, but it's getting closer every year. I try to avoid Salt Lake County during rush hour. Utah County, down here in Provo, isn't a lot better, especially when one of the crazy drivers here causes an accident. Crashes this last week have been horrendous for traffic conditions--and the snow hasn't even started to fall yet. Ugh, can't wait for that.

At least the freeway expanses from the 2002 Olympics are still helping with traffic today. That was a nice boon from the federal government.

Oh well, just as long as my guns gets through eventually, I guess it's OK.

Ruger

I guess I'm lucky . . . . my FFL is a LGS, great owner, counter people too!  They call when my order is in, with words that are discrete in case someone can hear the call ("Your item is in"), and don't charge me for the transfer.  I use them exclusively for most firearm and accessory purchases, even if it costs a little more than big box stores and the internet.  Yeah, in the beginning it was a $20 transfer fee, but after working with them for years, it has just worked its way to nothin'.  Can't say what they do for others.  Love my LGS!
Never Take anything Too Seriously . .Just Enough Will Do.

Warthog

My LFS has already told me I don't have to pay the fee for mine when they come since I have bought plenty from them in the past.  In fact, tomorrow I go get my new HOGLEG.  Pix when I get it so never fear.
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

theysayimnotme

Quote from: MR_22 on November-30-17 12:11
Yeah, shipping and transfer fees can bite you. I've visited a few local gun stores and asked how much they would charge to transfer a gun and if it's over 30 dollars, I go somewhere else. Some of them are a $40, yikes. For a few years, my closest dealer charged me $15, but he's out of business by now--maybe because he only charged $15! Most dealers I do business with do a flat $20--and they get my business a LOT. If I get a good deal on a transfer, I'm likely to go back there to buy stuff.

Another reason to be glad you don't live in the DPRK. Cheapest transfer dealer I found wanted SEVENTY-FIVE DOLLARS. One wanted ONE HUMDRED TWENTY-FIVE. When you don't buy the gun from them they act like you are taking bread from their children's mouths.

Sorry about the shipping delays. It's all my fault. They haven't been able to find someone to replace me since I retired.

Warthog

That is ridiculous, all they have to do is note it in their bound book and hand it over.  When I was still doing my gunsmithing, I charged a mere ten dollars for a transfer, no more if there were more than one gun.  $10was all it took from me, of course that was some 25 years ago but inflation hasn't gotten bad enough for more than $20-25.  Like I said, my LGS has said I will have no fee at all when mine arrive.  Tomorrow my HOGLEG will be here and I will go and get it, pix to follow.
-Albert Einstein

redhawk4

I bought one of my wife's Christmas presents on line yesterday and their list of FFL's didn't cover my usual ones, so I picked the one that was second closest to my house, it said he charged $15. I called him, he said $15 with a CWP, that was OK with me. I know these guys have overheads and so on, but they have to pay those regardless of whether they help me with my purchase or not. I feel $15-$35 is fair, I don't expect anyone to do it for nothing, but some are foolish IMO to drive business away, as some do with high prices. Who doesn't need a little extra cash flow and in the main it's something most could do during times when the stores quiet etc. Also if someone wants to gouge me over a transfer, I'm unlikely to visit their store when I might be buying another gun or even some ammo. In my work I spend a lot of time doing stuff I don't get paid for, that's how it works finding deals and creating good will.

theysayimnotme

Quote from: Warty62 on November-30-17 16:11
That is ridiculous, all they have to do is note it in their bound book and hand it over.  When I was still doing my gunsmithing, I charged a mere ten dollars for a transfer, no more if there were more than one gun.  $10was all it took from me, of course that was some 25 years ago but inflation hasn't gotten bad enough for more than $20-25.  Like I said, my LGS has said I will have no fee at all when mine arrive.  Tomorrow my HOGLEG will be here and I will go and get it, pix to follow.

They have to hold them for the ten day waiting period.

redhawk4

Huge holdup on the freeway today, was stuck for an hour, finally got to the cause a USPS truck on it's side it had rolled a few times, and there were split packages and what looked like Ranger II's strewn all over the carriageway - I thought  to myself thank goodness I went with the conversion cylinder or one of those could have been mine, sequential serial numbers and matching road rash :)

Warthog

Ah, forgot the waiting period but even then it doesn't cost them that much to put it away for ten days.

We have no waiting period here in Indiana, buy it and take it home as long as you pass the background check.
-Albert Einstein

Bigbird48

Ha  Ha very funny ::)

Quote from: redhawk4 on November-30-17 19:11
Huge holdup on the freeway today, was stuck for an hour, finally got to the cause a USPS truck on it's side it had rolled a few times, and there were split packages and what looked like Ranger II'd strewn all over the carriageway - I thought  to myself thank goodness I went with the conversion cylinder or one of those could have been mine, sequential serial numbers and matching road rash :)

RangerJim

Nice one, Redhawk!   ;D

Sandy

I'll admit that waiting for feedback from you all is just KILLING me.  I share your anxiety over this protracted delivery process.

RangerJim

Quote from: Sandy on December-01-17 08:12
I'll admit that waiting for feedback from you all is just KILLING me.  I share your anxiety over this protracted delivery process.
C'mon, Sandy ... your heavy lift on the Ranger II is behind you now.  Can't you just hop in your car and start personally delivering our babies to us?  That'll definitely speed things up ...  Win/Win!   ;)

But seriously ...  Thank you so much for all your work in bringing this dream to fruition!  We are all so appreciative, and are happy to wait for a few more weeks.  Thank you, sir!   :D

smokeless joe

Send mine out today priority overnight Sandy and I'll be happy to give you some feedback tomorrow 😄

PaducahMichael

Don't worry, Sandy. There will be tons of feedback very soon. We're all so excited about this product!

And it's finally happening near Christmas.....Hmmmm.... Should we call you "Santa Sandy"?
"The world is made for people who aren't cursed with self awareness."

David Culp

You know your forum, feedback will be quick once we receive the goods🙂