Found Great Deal, anyone have Aguila 22mag ammo experience?

Started by rooftopkorean, December-01-17 07:12

Previous topic - Next topic

rooftopkorean

Does anyone have experience with this ammo?

AGUILA 1B222400 22 MAG 40GR 50/20 Silver Eagle

There is a really good deal for 1000 rounds and I was thinking of getting it.

rooftopkorean

There is a deal on gunbuyer for 1000 rounds for $13....

Seems too good to be true. I ordered it anyways but I figure I'm only out $20 bucks if it is bad ammo.

https://www.gunbuyer.com/catalog/product/view/id/104552/s/agu-silver-eagle-22mag-40gr-semi-jacket-sp-50-2-agu-1b222400-c/

Warthog

Never tried that one, let us know what you think of it. 8)
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

rooftopkorean

Quote from: Warty62 on December-01-17 11:12
Never tried that one, let us know what you think of it. 8)

Will do, I have heard some positive things about their quality control.

OLD and GRUMPY

Aquila is good ammo. Have not shot the mags. Some say they smell funny because of the primer they use. (what the heck old men stink any way!)

Just got this Email from Graf about .22 mag.   https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/product/productId/3849
Death before Decaf !!!!!

rooftopkorean

Quote from: OLD and GRUMPY on December-01-17 13:12
Aquila is good ammo. Have not shot the mags. Some say they smell funny because of the primer they use. (what the heck old men stink any way!)

Just got this Email from Graf about .22 mag.   https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/product/productId/3849

I just figured that $12 for 1000 rounds means it's gotta be terrible or very old ammo. Not sure why they would sell it so cheap and that kind of raised some questions.

kycliff162

I checked that out...It's $13 for 50 rounds..
I was praying for 1k...
Oh Hi I'm new here, but to to NAA..

lign

I almost bought a box at Academy but they wanted almost $20. I think they are good rounds. I've had good luck with Aguila 22LR.

OLD and GRUMPY

Use them for practice. Save the best for carry.

Aquila uses Eley priming.  Some say it smells like piss.  Never had a FTF or other problem. 
Death before Decaf !!!!!

grayelky

The way they do their write up is, I think, a little misleading. There is no way they can sell 1000 rounds for $13.00. The add says 50/20. I think they mean 50 rounds to the box, 20 boxes to the case. I am confident it is per box price, bot per case. IF it was per case, I'd spend $400.00 w/o batting an eye.

I did notice if you change the warehouse it ships from, I would have saved $.50 or $.60 per box. Look over all of their 22 mag ammo. They have several for less than $10.00 per box, including this actual case price for $91.20 (500 rounds/10 boxes for $91.20, or $9.12 per box). I think that is a good price.

https://www.gunbuyer.com/hornady-22-mag-30gr-v-max-22wmr-500-round-case-hor83202.html
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

Texduk3

my son shoots aguila .22lr most of the time from his rifle,   accurate stuff
I use their 9mm 124 gr.  also pretty accurate.
overall good range fodder
"God and Guns"
"Lets Go Brandon"

rooftopkorean

Quote from: grayelky on December-02-17 13:12
The way they do their write up is, I think, a little misleading. There is no way they can sell 1000 rounds for $13.00. The add says 50/20. I think they mean 50 rounds to the box, 20 boxes to the case. I am confident it is per box price, bot per case. IF it was per case, I'd spend $400.00 w/o batting an eye.

I did notice if you change the warehouse it ships from, I would have saved $.50 or $.60 per box. Look over all of their 22 mag ammo. They have several for less than $10.00 per box, including this actual case price for $91.20 (500 rounds/10 boxes for $91.20, or $9.12 per box). I think that is a good price.

https://www.gunbuyer.com/hornady-22-mag-30gr-v-max-22wmr-500-round-case-hor83202.html

That's what I thought as well but the description says that it is 1000 rounds. I think I should email them. I found the deal through ammoseek so I was hoping it would be legitimate.

WarrenW

For what it's worth --- I just registered on this forum for this warning, been following the forum for a long time.
Bought a Pug a few years ago. This summer I picked up a box of the Aquila 22mag ammo.
They jammed up my Pug. At one point I couldn't get the cylinder out. I had to hammer the cylinder out and broke something. Needed to send it to NAA to get it fixed. Only cost me shipping. For $25 I got the extra 22lr cylinder.
So be warned about using the ammo.

Scott Free

I had to send my BW back to NAA due to light strikes shortly after purchasing it. The problem started within a couple of cylinders or Aguila. (I can't remember the type but it was .22 lr, and not mag.) I mentioned this when talking to NAA about the problem and was told that they only recommend quality American made ammunition. So...I stopped shooting Aguila except for the primer fired Colibri. To be clear, it was not that the Aguila ammo was less sensitive to ignition. Once the light strike problem started, it also happened with CCI and others. It's just that the problem started with the Aguila (which might totally be just a coincidence.) I just thought I should mention it.