Very Pleased wth New Pug

Started by Oakley D, December-31-17 06:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Oakley D

I had a tough time deciding whether to purchase a Pug or Black Widow and spent a month reading forum posts. Finally decided on the Pug and couldn't be happier.
I was concerned about accuracy from 1" Pug barrel. After receiving my Pug I was also concerned about the machining marks in the charge holes.
It's been cold and snowing here but decided to take it out for at least a function test to make sure timing, barrel cylinder gap and extraction were correct.
Fired 5 shots of Speer Gold Dot shortbarrel ammo.  My Pug functioned correctly and extraction wasn't difficult.
Loaded it back up and fired one shot with the tritium insert sighted at the very bottom of the v notch.
I could see where it hit in the snow bank and continued aiming at this spot.
Fired 4 more and all 5 made less than an 4" hole at 7 yards. I was very surprised.  With practice I'm sure I could do better.
I did have to pull the cases out the rest of the way after ejecting them with the cylinder pin.
Is this normal ? Or are the cases supposed to fall out?

And thanks for the warm welcome to the NAA Forum! You folks are a lot nicer than people on Snipers Hide.
I'm also on AK Files and the CZ Scorpion Evo Forum.

RangerJim

Great report, Oakley!  Glad you like your new Pug--although I'm not at all surprised, and you couldn't have gone wrong with either choice.   :)

The "sticky" extraction issue you describe is not unusual.  I have a number of NAA minis, and most of them have exhibited this on one or more rounds during many outings to the range.  Sometimes, it could even be due to temperature or humidity.  But it should only take the slightest nudge or twist to remove the empty case--and it definitely improves with time, and with proper lube/oil/cleaning.  If yours are even slightly difficult to remove, then perhaps the issue is more serious--and a call to NAA might be in order.  Either way, good luck and enjoy your new Pug!   :D
So, making guns illegal will take them off the street?
Perfect!  We should probably make heroine and meth illegal, too!

chutethemall

I found PMC ammo was very stubborn to extract, almost to the point of bending my pin. Don't try it! :'(

Warthog

Great Oakley D, good it is all working right for you.  This is a nice forum, folks tend not to get too heated here.

Keep posting and buying Minis and if you get a chance, take a picture and post it too.  We love pix. 8)
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

OldManJared

There was a lot of BW support in your other thread, I almost figured you'd go that route. I am glad you are happy with the Pug.

I will get a case that won't slide out completely every now and again, but even a little wiggle of the cylinder will make it fall out completely. I once had a really stuck case that took a couple bumps of the pin to get it to extract but it didn't do it for the rest of the day so I think it was the case itself.
Good luck and enjoy.

boone123

PMC, isn't that on the no shoot list in NAA guns?

PaducahMichael

Quote from: boone123 on January-02-18 21:01
PMC, isn't that on the no shoot list in NAA guns?

yes it is, Boone, and they've added Armscor to the "do not use" list.
"The world is made for people who aren't cursed with self awareness."

boone123

I bought a brick of Armscor on sale at Cabela's  a couple of weeks ago, and then remembered  a few days later.Pretty safe in a 617 Smith, I would bet, Would take a bomb to blow that up. Had some double charged 22 Remington ammo about 3 years ago. Bigger bang, no damage to that gun. Was glad I didn't have them in a mini.

franco22

Congrats on your new Pug. Now you can start saving for the Black Widow and the Sidewinder and the Ranger II.

autofull

cool, another pug guy, i have three and just love them, kinda not soft but they are cuddly.