Ranger 2 availability

Started by HarleyXJGuy, December-05-17 07:12

Previous topic - Next topic

HarleyXJGuy

So I have been away from the forum and missed the Ranger 2 early bird/release.

When so you masters of all things Mini think Ranger 2's will be available to buy?

Bigbird48

As soon as all the EB orders are filled they will start regular production. Word was we would all have our EB's by Christmas so I'm guessing sometime soon after you should be able to order one from your LGS :D

rooftopkorean

Quote from: Bigbird48 on December-05-17 07:12
As soon as all the EB orders are filled they will start regular production. Word was we would all have our EB's by Christmas so I'm guessing sometime soon after you should be able to order one from your LGS :D

Actually, I think half go to EB and the other half go to their regular distributors

MR_22

Quote from: rooftopkorean on December-05-17 12:12
Actually, I think half go to EB and the other half go to their regular distributors

Yup, that's what Sandy said. I would assume that magnum-only Rangers have been shipping to distributors already. We don't have evidence to prove that, and even if it's not true, they will be soon, I'm sure.

grayelky

My understanding mirrors that of Mr_22. For what it is worth, I just checked a couple of my suppliers and both show it as out of stock. Soon as I run across one in stock, I'll let it be known.
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

MR_22

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the first ones are spoken for an never hit the in-stock status. It always pays to know somebody connected! It'll be interesting to see when they start showing up as available.

Bigbird48

willl the ones the dealers get have an EB serial number or not.

MR_22

Quote from: Bigbird48 on December-05-17 15:12
willl the ones the dealers get have an EB serial number or not.

Yes, I think so. Sandy said half would go to distributors. I would be surprised if they weren't included in the EB run.

Bigbird48

Kinda defeats the purpose of giving forum members an EB if the general public can just buy one from a distributor.

redhawk4

Kinda defeats the purpose of giving forum members an EB if the general public can just buy one from a distributor.

Firstly unless people are making up posts, we do know that Rangers are at dealers.

Secondly we do know that the first ones at the dealers have EB serial numbers also.

This information is in this thread.

http://naaminis.com/smf/index.php?topic=14219.0
Old Enough to Know Better - Still Too Young to Care

I "Acted the Fool" so often in School they made me get an Equity Card

MR_22

Hmm. I dunno. Early birds means you get it early. We board members are just a subset of the general public. Who says there isn't another subset of the general public who is getting them as well?

I'm still thinking EB's are going to distributors, but I'm sure we'll find out soon.

redhawk4

Yes and no, I can see it both ways. It does seem to make it less "special" when people are able to pick one up at a gun store before we get one and get an EB serial #, likely lower than the one we might receive, but the EB is limited to 250 units, so if you get one there will only be 250 with that EB serial #. If you are getting  conversion cylinder one, it's likely that will be very rare with an EB serial # if that matters to you. Without the EB program it would be much more of a lottery to get hold of one because 250 units total is spreading it pretty thin around the dealer network nationwide. So it's good and bad, but mostly good as far as I'm concerned. Any negatives come mainly from our impatience IMO.

MR_22

Yeah, you could be right, redhawk. We won't know until more Ranger II's get into he hands of owners.

redhawk4

Quote from: MR_22 on December-05-17 15:12

Hmm. I dunno. Early birds means you get it early. We board members are just a subset of the general public. Who says there isn't another subset of the general public who is getting them as well?

I'm still thinking EB's are going to distributors, but I'm sure we'll find out soon.

I believe we already know this both from posts on the forum, and from Sandy's soapbox of October this year:

"The EB allocation will be 250 pieces, and we will ship half of our production to satisfy these orders. The other half will be delivered to our "primary" customers, our distributor partners.  We anticipate beginning production before the end of October and expect that for the foreseeable future, production will approximate 100 pieces/week, in which event all EB orders should be filled before Christmas – but, as we're all aware, despite our best efforts, stuff happens.  EB pieces will be identified with the serial # EBIIXXX.  No custom serial numbers will be available"

To my mind it states it clearly enough that of the 250 EB models, half are going into the dealer network, albeit that will be only be about 125. If they are EB models they will have the EB serial numbers.

RangerJim

Hey, Guys:
Now that I'm re-rereading Redhawk's re-post of Sandy's message, I might have a different interpretation of the numbers.  It appears that perhaps NAA will be shipping half of their initial production (500 pieces) to "satisfy" the 250 EB orders--which is only for the board members.  The other half of the initial run (another 250) non-EB models will go to their "primary" customers--distributors.  Thoughts?

I know, I know ... we're all thinking this to death.  But that's half the fun!   ;)
So, making guns illegal will take them off the street?
Perfect!  We should probably make heroine and meth illegal, too!

Bj

I agree with RangerJim.  Half of production to fill 250 EBs.  Other half for distributors.  That is how I read it.

redhawk4

Quote from: Bj on December-05-17 16:12
I agree with RangerJim.  Half of production to fill 250 EBs.  Other half for distributors.  That is how I read it.

I think Jessica Jarvis' recent update is saying there are only 250 EB serial numbered guns, so I think I'm partly correct even though I was starting to see it the other way. It seems the highest EB serial # will be #250. The other Rangers going to distributors will have the BT prefix. So if you have an EB Ranger, it should be 1 of 250, even though I garbled some of the rest because I was confused as to how some dealers had EB guns.

grayelky

It was my understanding initial production would be 500 units, with half allocated for the forum members (250), and the other half going to distributors. In Jessica's first post, she said there were 200 who wanted LR cylinders, and only 50 or so who did not, so they changed their production schedule. They hoped to ship the LR guns before Christmas, but were cautious. To my knowledge, all the EB guns in the past have only gone to forum members. I don't see Sandy changing that now. I have gone through quite a few NAA guns, and have never seen an EB number come from a distributor. If I had, I can assure you I would still have it!

Like so many other things in life, this will require patience and faith. Patience on our part (yes, I do have one of my 2, so I can see how you would think it will be easy for me to say that) and faith in Sandy doing the right thing. Based on my experience with the man over the past 9 years, I have no doubt he will do just that. Yes, it would take a little away from having an "Early Bird" for them to get into the hands of distributors. I suspect Sandy would destroy the frame before he allowed that to happen. Remember, his integrity is at stake, and he is not going to let that get damaged. We have been waiting 2 plus years. Another 30 days is not that long. When I tell you it will be worth it, you can trust me on that. Remember the reputation NAA has for customer service, as well as the rep Jessica has built for herself.
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

USMC_Dad

All of these posts about the Ranger II has me keeping a keen eye out for my LGS to get one.
Even if early next year is the availability, I'll be happy. :)

RangerJim

Thanks, Gray and Bj.  I think our assessment is correct--especially after Gray's post hoc analysis.  Well done, sir.   

Now ... we wait. 
So, making guns illegal will take them off the street?
Perfect!  We should probably make heroine and meth illegal, too!

Bigbird48

So your statement before were you said we have seen EB Rangers in the stores twice  your now saying is wrong?

Quote from: redhawk4 on December-05-17 16:12

I think Jessica Jarvis' recent update is saying there are only 250 EB serial numbered guns, so I think I'm partly correct even though I was starting to see it the other way. It seems the highest EB serial # will be #250. The other Rangers going to distributors will have the BT prefix. So if you have an EB Ranger, it should be 1 of 250, even though I garbled some of the rest because I was confused as to how some dealers had EB guns.

redhawk4

Quote from: Bigbird48 on December-05-17 19:12
So your statement before were you said we have seen EB Rangers in the stores twice  your now saying is wrong?

Quote from: redhawk4 on December-05-17 16:12

No, there have been EB Rangers in stores, but these were ones that were ordered as EB models and apparently sold to customers. There are also BTN serial #'s Rangers in stores as 36 have been sent out.

HarleyXJGuy

So it is going to be a while unless I get lucky.

No hurry. Watching all of you over think and anticipate will keep me entertained in the mean time.

Well that and my regular Mini.