My Ranger II

Started by Doc Holliday, December-05-17 14:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Doc Holliday

Picked it up this afternoon!!! Had to pay a transfer fee but knew that going in since my LGS
couldn't order direct, it being an EB! I got number 34! Number didn't really matter that much....just wanted the long awaited baby. Mine will be carried and fired!
Doc Holliday
All would be well and all would be well and all manner of things would be well.

Bj

grayelky

Congrats! When you get your breath, give us your opinion on the Ranger.
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

RangerJim

Beautiful, Doc, congrats!  Can't wait to hear how she shoots!   :)
So, making guns illegal will take them off the street?
Perfect!  We should probably make heroine and meth illegal, too!

Doc Holliday

Quote from: Bj on December-05-17 14:12
Nice Photo

Thanks! I was in a hurry to post so instead of trying something artistic, I just snapped it with my old iPhone (a 5S) on top of my iPad Mini 4! Truly lazy...LOL! But I'll try some other treament soon.
Doc Holliday

MR_22

34 is now the highest number recorded thus far! Congrats!

redhawk4

Great to see another picture and know they are getting out there!! :)
Old Enough to Know Better - Still Too Young to Care

I "Acted the Fool" so often in School they made me get an Equity Card

Ruger

Nice.  REAL NICE!
Never Take anything Too Seriously . .Just Enough Will Do.

David Culp

Someone on Facebook said they got numbers two and three

RangerJim

Wow!  I wonder who that is ...  It's gotta be someone on this board, right?

Warthog

Maybe Jim, maybe not.  Apparently being a member here wasn't required to buy the Early Bird Ranger IIs.

In any case, I have not heard a thing yet about mine being shipped.  I admit I am starting to get a little bit antsy too, I hope mine get to me before Christmas.,
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

Doc Holliday

Well...I didn't take time to take it to the range when I picked it up so no firing yet. I can tell you that mine is made beautifully and seems to be worth the wait! The latch mechanism is positive and the cylinder pops up nicely to extract the cartridges. Whether it will extract them easily after firing them...is unknown at this point. I would imagine they will stick a little as they do in all the Minis. But I'm sure the extractor will pull them out far enough to get them out easily.
At any rate..so far..so good! I like it!
Doc Holliday

RangerJim

Thanks for the preliminary report, Doc.  Looking forward to the range report!   :)

Clare44man

For those of us without them deep pockets, I'd love to see a less expensive model, one that didn't extract.  It would be SO much easier to just lift the cylinder off to dump empties than my standard mag model!  Sandy, think about it!
You are never too old to have a happy childhood!

cedarview kid

Quote from: Warty62 on December-05-17 18:12
Maybe Jim, maybe not.  Apparently being a member here wasn't required to buy the Early Bird Ranger IIs.

I'm pretty sure being a member here WAS required, but having posts was not. With 250 available, the list got into those with zero posts. Not everybody with zero posts got to order, but some did. So it's possible somebody got on the list without ever posting here.

rooftopkorean

Quote from: naa_collector on December-06-17 09:12
Quote from: Warty62 on December-05-17 18:12

I'm pretty sure being a member here WAS required, but having posts was not. With 250 available, the list got into those with zero posts. Not everybody with zero posts got to order, but some did. So it's possible somebody got on the list without ever posting here.

I think you're right. I seem to remember you had to have an account to register? Not too sure now. But I received an EB even though I only had 7 posts, which I was completely surprised about.

Don73

I don't believe you had to be a member of the forum to get a chance at EB. Anyone could click the link on Sandy's soapbox notes and pre-order. As stated with 250 EB's they probably got into orders from those who were not members, or maybe did a lottery draw for some of the EB's. I could be wrong (happens a lot). In any case I'm sure it was fair and it probably doesn't matter now anyway. As redhawk4 posted  "Either way we will eventually receive 1 of 250 Ranger II" and thats good news.  :)

MR_22

Could be, Don. I'm not sure of that. I thought you had to at least be registered for the board, but perhaps not. I do know for a fact that some who were registered, but had zero posts, still got on the official list and were allowed to order. I don't know about getting on the list as you suggest, though. I hadn't considered that.

smokeless joe

She's purdy. I can't wait to get mine in my hands.

David Culp

The person that said they got eb 2 and 3 said they are not on the forum. I asked if they signed up and just chose not to be on it or if they never signed up. I'll let you know if he responds what the answer is

lign

Interesting. The photos remind me of the vintage guns. Can't wait to get my hands on my little gem with Conversion cylinder!! All the anticipation will fade and be forgotten. Someday my Son will pull mine out after I'm gone and play with it. I hope he likes it and decides it's a Keeper...

David Culp

Yup, he said he's never inquired into the forum, however plans to soon. Owns allot of naa.

David Culp

Here's pics of his new vs old

MR_22

Quote from: David Culp on December-08-17 09:12
Here's pics of his new vs old

STOP! You got 4 and I got none! :D

Doc Holliday

Well...just to be clear..I ordered immediately when the first link came up and the Paypal thingy said the order went through. Then..I got an email from NAA saying the order had been refunded and I'd have to reorder. I saw all the info that stated elgibility would require being a board member and depended on your number of posts! Figured I would be out of luck as I had only around 91 posts at the time. But Jessica or whoever evidently took pity on an old man and let me qualify, However it happened I was grateful to be included, and when I got the call from my LGS, I was ecstatic, Thanks to whoever made the final decision, I now have five NAA Mini Revolvers including the original Mini, a Pug, a Black Widow, an EB Sidewinder and now..an EB Ranger II! So..its a very small collection next to say uncle_lee or others..but I'm happy with it! So...it would seem one didn't need to have a zillion posts to make the cut..and for that I am very grateful!
My collection will grow hopefully. No one can have just one! They tend to multiply exponentially!
Doc Holliday

David Culp

I can only wish those for rangers were mine! I have zero right now I'm in the same boat still as many of y'all🚢🆘

MR_22

Quote from: David Culp on December-08-17 11:12
I'm in the same boat still as many of y'all🚢🆘

Boat trip! :D We're all in this together! :D

redhawk4

Quote from: MR_22 on December-08-17 11:12
Quote from: David Culp on December-08-17 11:12
I'm in the same boat still as many of y'all🚢🆘

Boat trip! :D We're all in this together! :D

Lets not get into that again ;)

I actually prefer the look of the Ranger II to the original Ranger, they are visually, pretty much twins in every respect, but I prefer the new style latch for the barrel and think functionally it will be better. I'll have to wait until mine comes to be certain, but it's nice to see that at least on the surface the Ranger II still has the looks and quality.
Old Enough to Know Better - Still Too Young to Care

I "Acted the Fool" so often in School they made me get an Equity Card

MR_22

lign

Thanks for that super high res photo! Very satisfying! I prefer the look of the original which was very traditional like the old break-tops. But it's very minor. If this was being made 90 years ago, maybe they would've patented it. Most of the old break-tops had patents, which were mostly just for marketing and sales purposes.

Regardless, I can't wait!

Don73

Great pictures. Just by looking at the photos, I like the Ranger II better, like the Schofield type break open. As noted it gives it a old time western flavor. They are all nice looking guns and I wish I had them all also.

RangerJim

As a purist, I think I prefer the original Ranger.  But as RangerJim, I think it is my duty to get an original Schofield to match my new Ranger IIs.

Ssshhhh ...  my wife is coming. Back me up on this ...