Ranger II - GunBroker

Started by RangerJim, December-08-17 19:12

Previous topic - Next topic

redhawk4

Quote from: smokeless joe on December-09-17 18:12
Quote from: redhawk4 on December-09-17 18:12
I wonder if anyone will confuse them with the originals and think they are getting a bargain at $1200?
On a side note when I was at the gun show today I was floored at how many dealers were unaware of the launch of the new Ranger.

That's interesting, the legend of the Ranger I still lives :)
Old Enough to Know Better - Still Too Young to Care

I "Acted the Fool" so often in School they made me get an Equity Card

Kimber1911

In response to Ruger's reply #22. In my day we would have said " Unleash my flying Monkeys ". That
shows my age, lol.

Ruger

As a registered user of GunBroker, I received a notice of the sale of two (2) Ranger IIs.  It saddened my heart.  Can't say why, just made me feel left out; I'm still waiting to participate in the EB, yet others can sell the long awaited item on the internet, obviously looking for a profit.  Money rules in some hearts.
Never Take anything Too Seriously . .Just Enough Will Do.

MtGoat

Currently they are selling for $6 and $16 more than what you are paying for them yourself.

Here is a chance to get one (or two) for only slightly more than list price....that is if the current price holds.

They are even EB specials (which in all honestly does kind of sting, I thought most would have kept their EB purchases but financial situations do change).

On the other hand if they sell for $3k we all have not only something special on our hands but something valuable as well :o (of course the value only counts if/when you sell  ;)).

Some are getting wrapped around an axle over the sale.
I am just curious what they go for and am glad maybe someone on this board has a chance at a low serial numbered EB model, that wasn't able to get in on the EB program.

I guess my glass is half full rather that some chuckle head stole have my glass. ;D ;D ;D

Pat

heyjoe

it's either a gunstore or someone who buys and sells a lot of guns. they sw an opportunity to make a nice profit and they took it. i doubt it is anyone who posts here or cares much about NAA firearms in general.
It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

MtGoat

Quote from: heyjoe on December-10-17 08:12
it's either a gunstore or someone who buys and sells a lot of guns. they sw an opportunity to make a nice profit and they took it. i doubt it is anyone who posts here or cares much about NAA firearms in general.

Well the guy that got two early on was not a forum member but fortunately he was a collector.
I really doubt this was his but not all went to the forum members.
I doubt a gun shop would have gone with an EB but would have gone with the BT serial numbered guns.
But as you said it may have been someone going for any they could get as they saw an opportunity for a profit.

The good part is at the current price someone from the boards could snag an EB for not much of a premium.

So now I hope they don't sell for much more than they currently are at so forum members can snag them.

Good Luck

Pat

heyjoe

with 5 days to go and already above retail price, i have the feeling  that they are going to go for significantly higher than retail.

Quote from: MtGoat on December-10-17 08:12
Quote from: heyjoe on December-10-17 08:12

Well the guy that got two early on was not a forum member but fortunately he was a collector.
I really doubt this was his but not all went to the forum members.
I doubt a gun shop would have gone with an EB but would have gone with the BT serial numbered guns.
But as you said it may have been someone going for any they could get as they saw an opportunity for a profit.

The good part is at the current price someone from the boards could snag an EB for not much of a premium.

So now I hope they don't sell for much more than they currently are at so forum members can snag them.

Good Luck

Pat

Bigbird48

I don't know why anyone would pay more the MSRP unless they have money to burn and just can't wait a few weeks ::)

MR_22

Quote from: Bigbird48 on December-10-17 13:12
...just can't wait...

There's your reason. There are plenty of people who fit into that category.

redhawk4

Quote from: MR_22 on December-10-17 13:12

There are plenty of people who fit into that category.

A lot here on the forum are struggling to wait :)

MtGoat

I don't know why anyone would pay more the MSRP unless they have money to burn and just can't wait a few weeks ::)

If you wanted an EB serial numbered gun, here is your chance.
You might not have another for a long time if ever.
That said not sure if an EB is really worth a premium to anyone other than forum members.

Pat

Bigbird48

I guess LOL gee-sh     don't they know patience is a virtue   ::)

JRobyn

Paying over MSRP?  When I decided a wanted a Sidewinder a few years ago when they were unobtainium, my wife decided that I WOULD have one for Christmas.  Took about $600.

Bigbird48

MtGoat

Still at $496 and $505.

Hmm, maybe it's time to go raid the ashtray in the cars and look in the sofa for change  ;D

Pat

cfsharry

To my way of thinking retailers, (resellers), should not be part of the early bird program. We all waited patiently for this day but now some bloke that never owned an NAA product before sees one at a gun show or on GB and winds up with a gun before I do, (and most likely a lower serial number).
Wish they would not have released any to the general public before all of our orders were filled.

autofull

David Culp

Production delays are making these tempting but I don't want to drive up the profit for the reseller. Maintaining patience.

Uncle_Lee

If the Ranger II ends up like the Ranger I, cease production, how much will they sell for???
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

Uncle Fatso

Both went up to just over $600 last night

smokeless joe

Quote from: uncle_lee on December-13-17 04:12
If the Ranger II ends up like the Ranger I, cease production, how much will they sell for???
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

45flint

Can't image them going down that road twice?  But these little guns do seem to be difficult to produce.

wilburjoe

I believe that if these continue to be a regularly produced gun they will retail for about $419. That could be years before production picks up but once people realize they are being produced and the inItial demand dies down then prices will drop. It would be best for NAA to run these in lots of 500 with different Talo models to keep the interest up.

RangerJim

Quote from: wilburjoe on December-13-17 06:12
It would be best for NAA to run these in lots of 500 with different Talo models to keep the interest up.
It would certainly keep my interest up, Joe!  I'm hoping they do just that--but only well AFTER the Ranger II is in routine production, and we're all comfortably past the initial EB period, with our EB Ranger IIs in hand.   8)
So, making guns illegal will take them off the street?
Perfect!  We should probably make heroine and meth illegal, too!

RangerJim

Quote from: smokeless joe on December-13-17 04:12
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Bite your tongue, Unc!   ;)

45flint

Curious is NAA warranty cover only the original owner?

redhawk4

Quote from: 45flint on December-13-17 09:12

They warranty the gun for life for anyone as far as I know, which could prove important on some of these early models, that are being sold on by private individuals if any of the problem parts mentioned as a reason for the production hold up and other issues found their way on to the first 100 or so that were released. Either way NAA will fix them.

45flint

Quote from: redhawk4 on December-13-17 09:12
Quote from: 45flint on December-13-17 09:12

They warranty the gun for life for anyone as far as I know, which could prove important on some of these early models, that are being sold on by private individuals if any of the problem parts mentioned as a reason for the production hold up and other issues found their way on to the first 100 or so that were released. Either way NAA will fix them.

The website says lifetime warranty and says register your firearm. It says nothing about the warranty being transferable?  I assume they fix obvious factory issues but I see nothing that says they are obligated to a non original owner? 

MR_22

I once bought an NAA mini with the innards buggered up such that it wouldn't cock and you couldn't fire it. I did get a fairly good deal on it, because it wasn't shootable. I think I paid maybe somewhere around $100 to $125, plus shipping and FFL fees.

I took it into NAA and they fixed it up as good as new and polished it so it looked new. I felt like I had rescued a duck from an oil spill and saved its life. And this was a very old mini, as it had the patent number on the side. I asked them to make sure not to buff that out.

When NAA says lifetime warranty, they mean it.

redhawk4

Most firearm companies will make true warranty repairs for subsequent owners, if for no other reason than who will be seen to be liable when someone gets injured?, even if it's a case of they were looking down the barrel to see if the bullets were coming out while allegedly distracted by the fact there was a crack in the grip, that was a warranty issue. I believe many companies do it for more noble reasons because they have a reputation to maintain, but still feel the fact that firearms companies in general seem to be far more generous over what they will fix and replace, compared to just about any other consumer product, is founded in liability concerns. They also have good reason not to want the owner to start fiddling to attempt his own repairs, which is why they will issue you a label for it to be returned to the factory in a heartbeat when you call with an issue. This might seem cynical, but just imagine how many guns you can afford to pay shipping on and the time and parts for a simple repair, compared to fighting one lawsuit, even of the most frivolous kind and the bad publicity that can generate.

I've read many examples on the Forum of how NAA have stepped up to the plate, they definitely go above and beyond what would be required just to avoid litigation, they definitely value their reputation, which is why they have such loyal customers.

heyjoe

Seecamp doesnt anymore since they were bought by new owners and their warranty now even for original owners is one year and you pay the shipping to them

Quote from: redhawk4 on December-13-17 10:12
Most firearm companies will make true warranty repairs for subsequent owners, if for no other reason than who will be seen to be liable when someone gets injured?, even if it's a case of they were looking down the barrel to see if the bullets were coming out while allegedly distracted by the fact there was a crack in the grip, that was a warranty issue. I believe many companies do it for more noble reasons because they have a reputation to maintain, but still feel the fact that firearms companies in general seem to be far more generous over what they will fix and replace, compared to just about any other consumer product, is founded in liability concerns. They also have good reason not to want the owner to start fiddling to attempt his own repairs, which is why they will issue you a label for it to be returned to the factory in a heartbeat when you call with an issue. This might seem cynical, but just imagine how many guns you can afford to pay shipping on and the time and parts for a simple repair, compared to fighting one lawsuit, even of the most frivolous kind and the bad publicity that can generate.

I've read many examples on the Forum of how NAA have stepped up to the plate, they definitely go above and beyond what would be required just to avoid litigation, they definitely value their reputation, which is why they have such loyal customers.

redhawk4

That's because Seecamp no longer exists, obviously no longer being in business will cause exceptions to my statement :) Also being not being in business means if you "shoot your eye out" with one of them, there's no one to sue either. There's a difference between Remington having the rights to a gun, and continuing the original company with all the liabilities that might come along with it, I assume they chose not to. If Seecamp reduced their warranty, while still producing guns, I'm guessing that was to reduce their short term liability and may have been a sign of where they were headed.

There were also the "Ring of Fire" companies who made those cheap pistols under various brand names, Jiminnez being one of the reincarnations, they would keep crashing the company under one name and start back up under another to avoid their warranty obligations, ownership passing through different family members accordingly.

MR_22

Here's what Sandy said in his August 2001 Soapbox:

"It's disappointing to the customer and the company both whenever anybody suffers a bad experience with an NAA firearm. If your NAA firearm has ever failed to achieve your complete satisfaction, I offer my personal apology and promise that we will do everything possible to remedy the situation if it still exists.

As many of you know, we offer a 'lifetime warranty' on all our firearms – to return to 'like-new' service any firearm we've ever made, at no charge to the customer (it used to be at no expense until the various delivery services raised their charges, or simply refused our business, because of the criminal misconduct of their employees). We do this because of our commitments to our brand and our customers, and because we have tremendous confidence in our products."

The official NAA mini-revolver manual says this:

"All NAA products carry a lifetime warranty to the original registered owner against defects in material, workmanship and mechanical function, excepting for abnormal wear or damage resulting from neglect, abuse, customizing or repairs not made by NAA.

Under the terms of this warranty, NAA will replace or repair, at its option, the handgun or part thereof without charge, provided that the defective handgun is returned prepaid to the factory.

NAA reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to determine whether the handgun or any of its components are defective due to faulty materials or improper workmanship.

Disassembly of this handgun, except for the purpose of loading or unloading, will render this warranty null and void."

(see https://northamericanarms.com/pdfs/ownersm.pdf)

So, officially, it's for the original owner, but in practice, it's my experience that they'll do what they can to help you out.

RangerJim

Current price check ...   :P

redhawk4

Quote from: RangerJim on December-13-17 15:12
Current price check ...   :P

That's disappointing they've gone so high and that someone's making a profit while the rest of us wait.