need some guidance on repair

Started by djsashaz, December-21-17 18:12

Previous topic - Next topic

djsashaz

I have a 22 long rifle and I'm trying to repair it.  I was able to fix many pieces, but for some reason when the gun is cocked the cylinder can spin still, and if I am not carful, it can fire on a dead spot on the cylinder.  Can anyone guide me in what I am missing here?  I got all the parts needed and replaced the cylinder bolt thinking that was the problem, but even in the cocked position, the bolt is not in the up position.  I was looking at how the bolt is controlled and its following the guide pin and can't be up when cocked.  So what holds the cylinder from moving?

I've checked online for some videos and nobody really shows how it should operate.

smokeless joe

If it's an NAA just send it to the factory and they will put it in proper working condition. Welcome to the Forum.

Ruger

Wow! Very dangerous! Get that little guy to NAA right away.  If that guy would have fired a round with the cylinder out of line-up with the barrel, Ouch, if not dead.  I have no experience with NAA customer service on repairs, but I continually read that if you send it in you will be MORE than satisfied.
Never Take anything Too Seriously . .Just Enough Will Do.

boone123

Did you have the left grip off and lose the little pin that holds the cylinder bolt in place. look at a parts picture. It's a little pin that can be made out of a paper clip if you lost the old one.  A bit over a quarter in. long. Goes in horizontal. The bolt is on that spring that goes down in the grip frame. Looks like thin wire. Fits in the cylinder notches to lock the cylinder in place when gun is cocked. Take the cylinder out and cock the gun and see if that little knob pops up in the bottom of the cylinder window. If not, that pin is missing. If all else fails, call NAA gunsmith and he can walk you through it. Post if you don't get it...