Ranger II Safety Notch

Started by Doc Holliday, December-10-17 16:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Doc Holliday

Has anyone else who has gotten their Ranger II noticed that its super easy to get the hammer into the safety notch compared to their other Revolvers? Just make sure its right at the top and close!
Easy peasey! No more trying to find the safety notch and carefully lowering the hammer, or as is in the case of the Sidewinder, matching up the proper cylinder notch cut outs. Even if I wasn't in love with breaktop revolvers, this feature alone would make owning this revolver worthwhile!
Doc Holliday
All would be well and all would be well and all manner of things would be well.

MtGoat

Oh.....just rub it in  ;)

Pat

RangerJim

Quote from: MtGoat on December-10-17 16:12
Oh.....just rub it in  ;)

Pat
Yeah!  Thanks for nothin', Doc!   ;)
So, making guns illegal will take them off the street?
Perfect!  We should probably make heroine and meth illegal, too!

Doc Holliday

redhawk4

I don't care about your safety notch, and no I haven't noticed how convenient it is because I can't see mine from my house sitting in the factory, it's probably just a lump of metal at this point anyhow, because they haven't even started making it yet - talk about insensitive  :) ;)
Old Enough to Know Better - Still Too Young to Care

I "Acted the Fool" so often in School they made me get an Equity Card

heyjoe

The Ranger I also i find easier to line up the hammer and the slot. Not that i have much trouble with the mini magnum convertible, short or sidewinder either after all these years.
It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

MtGoat

Quote from: Doc Holliday on December-10-17 17:12
Sorrrrrry.
Doc Holliday

But only a little sorrryyy  ;)  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Pat

MR_22

Nope, I haven't actually noticed that...

Uncle_Lee

Me either.
Haven't noticed that.
I'll watch real close next time I shut one. Next time/first time (if ever).
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

Doc Holliday

Really Very sorry..and didn't mean to be insensitive! It just seemed something that should be mentioned. I hope everyone who ordered one gets theirs soon!
Doc Holliday

RangerJim

Quote from: uncle_lee on December-11-17 04:12
Me either.
Haven't noticed that.
I'll watch real close next time I shut one. Next time/first time (if ever).
Hah!  😜  I guess if we can't laugh about it, we'd cry, right?!!  😂
So, making guns illegal will take them off the street?
Perfect!  We should probably make heroine and meth illegal, too!

Bigbird48

Yea I can't tell either BECUSE RICK HAS MINE ;D :P[/glow]

redhawk4

Quote from: Doc Holliday on December-11-17 05:12
Really Very sorry..and didn't mean to be insensitive! It just seemed something that should be mentioned. I hope everyone who ordered one gets theirs soon!
Doc Holliday

I hope you know we are really all happy for you Doc and just giving you a hard time in jest, well at least I was, I can only speak for myself, some of the others can be a mean lot when riled :) :)

cfsharry

I am just happy that they are being delivered.
Great pic Doc. Thanks!

Canoeal

My BW lines up just fine...
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

redhawk4

My safety notch just got even further away after today's update on the Ranger production :)

Uncle_Lee

Hey Doc,
Just pulling your chain.

I ain't riled.
I ain't riled.
I ain't riled.....
God, Country, & Flag

grayelky

Doc-
If I were you, I'd avoid any group get together anytime soon. Come to think of it, I just might avoid any myself. Until......well, you know.
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

heyjoe

if you think this bunch is salty about the wait, how do you think Sandy feels, with both vendors and in house failures after working on this for so long to get it right. Scrapping 100 production units of guns didnt make his week, im sure.

Quote from: grayelky on December-12-17 06:12
Doc-
If I were you, I'd avoid any group get together anytime soon. Come to think of it, I just might avoid any myself. Until......well, you know.
It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

askbob

Quote from: Doc Holliday on December-11-17 05:12
Doc Holliday

Don't sweat it Doc!  This forum is to discuss whatever NAA thought or discovery you have.  It was obvious to me you noticed something different on your new gun and asked the group.  IMO, no one should've replied that doesn't have one; except your buddies poking fun at you.  Just saying.

Uncle_Lee

Quote from: heyjoe on December-12-17 07:12
if you think this bunch is salty about the wait, how do you think Sandy feels, with both vendors and in house failures after working on this for so long to get it right. Scrapping 100 production units of guns didnt make his week, im sure.

Doc-

If I was Sandy,, when I got home I'd kick the dog and slap the kids. Everyone would have to keep their distance...
God, Country, & Flag

Bigbird48

NO NO!! please don't kick the dog, :-[ its not his fault or the kids, have a stiff one instead and relax ;)

Quote from: uncle_lee on December-12-17 10:12
Quote from: heyjoe on December-12-17 07:12

Doc-

If I was Sandy,, when I got home I'd kick the dog and slap the kids. Everyone would have to keep their distance...