Bug out

Started by kycliff162, December-08-17 15:12

Previous topic - Next topic

kycliff162

Just wondering...I took the cylinder for my .22mag Pug  out & put it in my new Bug out fit perfectly & the timing is on spot/
I didn't shoot it, but I think it would be fine..
What do y'all think?

MR_22

If it's timed correctly, it should work. (*IF* being the key word.)

smokeless joe

I'd hate to be there if it weren't. I sent my Pug back to get a lr cylinder for it instead of taking the one from my sidewinder. I thought for 40 bucks is it worth the risk.

Dinadan

Just wondering...I took the cylinder for my .22mag Pug  out & put it in my new Bug out fit perfectly & the timing is on spot/
I didn't shoot it, but I think it would be fine..
What do y'all think?
I guess I am in the minority here, but I have shot more that one Mini with a cylinder that came with another Mini. When you say timing is perfect, does that mean that you took a rod that fitted the bore snugly and made sure it would slide down from the muzzle into the cylinder chambers without hanging up? That is how I check. I have a couple of Minis that did not come with a LR cylinder and I use the LR cylinders that I have with the guns.  I will admit that there have been a couple of times when I was cleaning my Minis and I got the cylinders mixed up. I used the rod test to try to figure out which cylinder went with which gun and they all worked together, so I just did not worry about it and never had a problem. Your mileage may vary!

kycliff162

I did check it with a wooden dowel...Might just have my brother check it out...lol
I will be sending it in to get the mag cylinder...Don't want the Pug feeling empty..

grayelky

I believe I recall reading in the past Dinadan had made (or machined) a metal rod to fit the barrel perfectly. Something I suspect over time, wood would not do. Drop by your local gunsmith and have him/her (I hate blasted PC!) check the timing, then make the appropriate decision(s).
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

WECSOG

I just make sure it turns smoothly and properly, then if it does, shine a strong light down the bore while (with a known empty cylinder, of course) looking down the bore. If it's off by enough to matter, you can see it.
Lastly I check the barrel/cylinder gap with a feeler gauge. Anywhere from .004"-.010" is good; best is over .005" for reliability and under .008" for best power.
If it passes these tests, it doesn't matter if it was factory fitted or not.
Black Widow convertible
Magnum 1-5/8"
Super Companion 1-5/8"
LR 1-1/8"