Ranger II - Production Update

Started by Sandy, December-11-17 16:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandy

I have learned that last week (ending 12/08), we shipped no Ranger IIs.  While we attempted to manufacture almost 100 of them, most of that batch were scrapped for a whole variety of reasons.  These reasons include poor parts from a couple of key vendors as well as poor/improper assembly and finishing techniques employed here at the factory.  It probably won't surprise many of you to learn that, while the Ranger II is in many ways almost identical to many of the other guns we manufacture, there is still a very substantial learning curve.  To say I'm disappointed would be an understatement; to say that I'm surprised would similarly be an overstatement.

The bad news is that we have further delayed our initial rollout and have further disappointed many of you who have been waiting patiently for your deliveries.  I am very aware of the mental "exhaustion" (Ranger Rage?) that some of you are suffering while waiting for your piece(s) to be delivered.  It now appears possible that we may not achieve the Christmas deadline that was our target for all EB deliveries.

The good news is that we have identified and implemented solutions to virtually all of the interruptive issues and expect to resolve them almost immediately, if not sooner.  Unlike other times when faced with similar challenges, in this case we have both accurately identified the litany of problems encountered as well as the solutions, which we believe can be quickly and successfully effected.  It is our intent to return to delivering "many" pieces before the end of this week.

MR_22

Thanks for the update, Sandy. We greatly appreciate your personal involvement with us as customers and loyal fans. Keep it up!

Don73

Thanks for the update. Glad you have identified the problems and have quick solutions for them. NAA has always been considered to produce a quality product and your QC is working.

Bj

Thanks for the update, your efforts for quality are appreciated.

PaducahMichael

Sandy, everything you discussed in your above post defines why NAA is our favorite gun maker. Dedication to detail and high standards of quality are not just "goals" at NAA - they are the norm. Rare in this day and age.

Thank you for your sincere honesty and willingness to keep us informed of the process. I hope you know that our frustration is only because we're all 12 years old at heart and we want our "toys" - but we also respect your commitment to quality.

I'm looking forward to providing you with some feedback on the Ranger II - whenever it arrives.
"The world is made for people who aren't cursed with self awareness."

smokeless joe

Thank you for the update Sandy. Delays are to be expected. I'm sure you are as disappointed as we are but that disappointment will fade as more product starts coming off the line. We'll be here looking forward to the quality products that you deliver.

heyjoe

instead of for christmas it will be my birthday present to myself! thank you for the update....you go above and beyond and it is appreciated here.
It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

Warthog

Thank you Sandy, I hope all of you at NAA have a very Merry Christmas and a super productive and lubricative NEW YEAR!
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

jennflip

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn0n0000000000000000000000000000000000000----my brain exploded-------:()    lol

linux_author

and from a future Ranger II purchaser (and current owner of a NAA mini mag & sidewinder): thanks! it's rare to see such open communication with customers and fans

you can count on me for a number of NAA purchases in 2018!

willie
on the chilly Gulf of Mexico

Ruger

No issues here Sandy.  Thanks again for keeping us informed.  It is what makes NAA stand above the rest.
Never Take anything Too Seriously . .Just Enough Will Do.

heyjoe

Quote from: jennflip on December-11-17 17:12
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn0n0000000000000000000000000000000000000----my brain exploded-------:()    lol

hahaha....i hate when that happens
It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

MR_22

So here's betting that those who managed to get Rangers on to GunBroker will probably do all right.

grayelky

Has anyone ever heard of a CEO/owner of an industrial manufacturing company addressing his customer/fan base with an explanation of a problem, along with a solution? I have not. We also have his expection of deliveries as soon as is feasible. At least we know quality is still job one, even if they are not making automobiles.

It is much easier for me to be understanding, as I am one of the fortunate ones to have gotten at least partial delivery. I can only reassure you, the product is worth the wait. It is all we expect from Sandy and Company. I will further add, if you are, or will be, in the metro Atlanta area and would like to see and handle a Ranger II, let me know and we will work it out. I will also provide my original BT for comparison.
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

grayelky

Quote from: MR_22 on December-11-17 18:12
So here's betting that those who managed to get Rangers on to GunBroker will probably do all right.
Here's to the satisfaction of knowing they are kicking themselves for having sold them too soon!
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

MR_22

Quote from: grayelky on December-11-17 18:12
Has anyone ever heard of a CEO/owner of an industrial manufacturing company addressing his customer/fan base with an explanation of a problem, along with a solution? I have not. We also have his expection of deliveries as soon as is feasible. At least we know quality is still job one, even if they are not making automobiles.

I have. Sandy of NAA. :D

tocsn40

So for me I'm VERY happy they found out before they shipped think of how crazy this forum or for that matter Facebook would be if they had  the ship there ranger II back. Take your Time NAA. I don't want to have to send my Ranger back.
Tocsn40

scbuxton

Thank you, Mr. Chisholm, for your candor. We are all impressed with your integrity and good character.
Merry Christmas to you and yours!

RangerJim

Thank you so much, Sandy.  You're openness and honesty with your loyal customers and fans is so very much appreciated.  You could have easily said less than you did--leaving us to wonder if we'd ever get our Ranger IIs.  But you chose to share with us that you have identified (and solved) several important issues, and that you now have things well in hand.  We believe that ... and we trust you ... and it gives us hope.  We will get our new Rangers when they meet your impeccable standards of quality and perfection.  Thank you, sir, and keep up the great work!
So, making guns illegal will take them off the street?
Perfect!  We should probably make heroine and meth illegal, too!

redhawk4

I also appreciate Sandy's update letting us know the hard facts and not trying to hide behind any excuses. While we are all a little impatient as we work each other up into a frenzy on the forum, I'm sure all of us have part of us at least, that's mature enough to know that things often don't go to plan, despite everyone's best effort and intentions and that what really matters is what's done to solve the problem and move forward - that to me is the difference between a good company and a bad one. Those who acknowledge a problem head on, maintain my respect and my future $. If there had to be a hiccup, I'd rather hear of production units being scrapped, than have products with possible defects being sent out in to the market in hope of keeping the customers quiet, I've seen that done by some companies, in the past, and it's just not the way to do it for everyone involved.

I wish everyone at NAA the compliments of the Season and a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year :)
Old Enough to Know Better - Still Too Young to Care

I "Acted the Fool" so often in School they made me get an Equity Card

ikoiko

Sandy, update is most appreciated as is sacrificing to keep the quality.

Uncle_Lee

Thank You for the update.
I'll just pour me another cup of coffee and relax.

May have my Ranger II's by Easter.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

Warthog

Well, I was informed that my Dad wasn't right about his card being charged.  It hasn't according to the email.  I only told you all what he told me.

I wait for my Ranger IIs as some of you do too.  If it comes before Christmas it will be my Christmas Present.  If things don't work out, then it will be my New Year or Easter present. 8)
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

seak

NAA and Henry are two of the best.

seaotter

I deeply appreciate NAA's commitment to producing high quality products. Most of the other firearm manufacturers seem to use us, their customers, as guinea pigs, depending on us to discover  any flaws that their products may have. I am not particularly interested in the Ranger 2 (evidently I am the only one who isn't!), but the fact that you are willing to stop production in order to fix the problems (a decision that I am sure was rather costly) will certainly encourage to purchase more of your products in the future (to add to the three I already own).

Warthog

Quote from: seak on December-12-17 11:12
NAA and Henry are two of the best.

Ruger isn't bad either.
-Albert Einstein

autofull

ahhhhhhh, i will just sit and wait, quietly, again. nothing more to add, nope, im fine. oh well.

Ruger

What ?!?
Never Take anything Too Seriously . .Just Enough Will Do.

redhawk4

Scenes outside the NAA factory, when I drove past this morning :)

Old Enough to Know Better - Still Too Young to Care

I "Acted the Fool" so often in School they made me get an Equity Card

kycliff162

Whoa Nelly...
It is what it is.... ;)

boots

I have many guns from many manufacturers but a NAA is in my pocket every day and this is one of the reasons. Great Customer Service. I will add a Ranger II when they are ready. Thanks for keeping us up to date.

38sp

lign

Ah me. Oh My. Oh Well. I can wait. I think. I hope. I tell myself. I talk to myself. Now I'm starting to Answer too. Please hurry every chance you get...

bbgun

Sandy, take your time with mine.  Relax and get 'em right. :)

David Culp

Thank you for letting us know what's causing the delays and what's being done about it.