22 short in stock

Started by Jmurphy, May-26-17 16:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Jmurphy

Just in case anyone is looking for a 22short. Thanks to a heads up from UNC I was able to pick one up from them a short while ago. Just trying to pay it forward. Hurry though. They only have 2 in stock. $219 can't beat it.

http://tooeleshootingsupply.com/shop/north-american-arms-22-short-mini-revolver-5-round-1-18-barrel-4oz-naa-22s/

OldManJared

I was curious as to when the .22 shorts are typically released?

I fallowed the link and there are six in stock and on sale for $192!

redhawk4

That's only about 70 miles from my house, so I could pick it up and test fire it for you :)

They have some good prices, I'll have to check them out next time I'm buying, hadn't seen their website before.
Old Enough to Know Better - Still Too Young to Care

I "Acted the Fool" so often in School they made me get an Equity Card

linux_author

i have been curious about the .22 short model ...

but i just can't pull the trigger...  don't see how it could be practical?

i'm holding out for a Ranger II, and if that can't happen, oh well...

willie
on the patience has its virtue Gulf of Mexico

Warthog

Willie,

They are super easy to conceal.    On a hot day when you really don't feel like being weighed down with a larger gun, a 22 Short Mini is so light you won't even know you have it.  At the range it would be used, it is certainly deadly, even with the tiny barrel.  I am going to make one the fob for my pocket watch.  It will be with me whenever I leave the house.
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

bill_deshivs

The short is as practical as any of the mini revolvers. Perhaps more practical than most.

cbl51

I too have wondered about the practicality of the .22 short. The .22lr is still ridiculously easy to conceal in hot weather apparel, gives you a upgrade in cartridge in both effectiveness and more plentiful supply, and you can still shoot the .22 short in the long rifle gun for noise management.

I do know that doing the last liberal occupation of the White House, and the great American ammo shortage, .22 short and magnum was nigh on impossible to find. Once in a while I got some .22lr at Dicks or Walmart. It was around, which is more than I cold say for the shorts and mags. Something to think about.

Warthog

Well the shortage really wasn't a problem for me.  I tend to buy some sort of rimfire ammo every time I go to a shop.  Sometimes I buy a brick (500 rnds) and sometimes just a box (50).  So when the shortage hit, I had a lot of rounds in my stockpile.  I even gave some to the Boy Scouts and the 4-H so they could continue teaching the young on firearm safety.  That is the way to beat that sort of thing IMO.  Centerfire ammo, bullets, primers and powder also are usually bought in bulk, it makes it less expensive.  So the shortage wasn't a problem there either, I reloaded all the ammo I wanted to shoot.

The 22 Short is a nice piece IMO.  It may not be for everyone, the LR is a fine gun too.  I wanted to get a Short to make a fob for my pocket watch.  The previous two I own were bought because I found two consecutive serial numbers at a show.
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein