New NAA Forum Member

Started by Oakley D, December-27-17 07:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Oakley D

Greetings from Ohio everyone. I've know of NAA mini revolver for many years but was detered by the need to carry hammer down on empty chamber. Saw the Pug on Pinterest and did a little research. I loved the tritium sight and looks of the Pug. The safety notch cylinder sold me on the idea of owning a Pug.The wife was kind enough to give me a pug for Xmas and I'm very pleased with the overall fit and finish. Havent shot it yet as its been a little cold here. ( -1* at the moment)
My only concern is the rough chambers. As I read here on the forum this is common.
NAA says to test it and see if there's any extraction problems, if so they will take care of it.
I've polished the chambers as best as I can with mop,drill and metal polish.
Hopefully this slicked it up enough that it will be good.
-OakleyD

smokeless joe

Welcome to the Forum Oakley D. The Pug is my favorite of the minis. I'm sure you'll love it.

kc

franco22

Welcome Oakley D. The Pug is a sweet little pocket gun. Enjoy.

RangerJim

Welcome, Oakley!  And way to come out of the gate strong with a picture!  8)

Rest assured you will love the Pug!  Many of us (myself, included) carry it every day.  It is incredibly solid and well-built, and shoots quite well for such a little gun.  Enjoy your soon-to-be every-day carry back-up gun! 
:D
So, making guns illegal will take them off the street?
Perfect!  We should probably make heroine and meth illegal, too!

linux_author

welcome! great folks here, so i'm sure you'll enjoy your online sessions on naaminis!

willie
on the warming Gulf of Mexico

Ruger

Hey Oakley!  Welcome to the best firearm forum on the internet.  You will find no other firearm manufacturer quite like NAA.  As the voice and face of NAA, Jessica Jarvis sets the standards of excellent Customer Service in the industry.  NOOObody can beat her care and response to your concerns or questions about the NAA product.

And, yeh, the safety cylinder is a wonderful feature on all of their mini revolvers.  A great idea that set them above others.

Don't be a lurker - join in the fun and share your range reviews, stories, concerns and, of course, pictures with the forum often.  Welcome to the NAA Range!
Never Take anything Too Seriously . .Just Enough Will Do.

gofishr

Welcome to the NAA Form..... 8) 8)

MR_22

Welcome, welcome! We hope you enjoy your stay here and that it will be a long and useful experience.

Rick_Jorgenson

Welcome to the Mad House Forum!

Good combo of guns you have!

Warning....

The Pug may not be your only NAA pistol

Just letting you know.  :o.  lol!!

Welcome aboard the NAA Pirate Ship!
Rick Jorgenson

Warthog

Welcome!

NAQ Minis are like potato chips, no one can stop at one.  Enjoy your stay!
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

smokeless joe

Quote from: Warty62 on December-28-17 13:12
NAQ Minis are like potato chips, no one can stop at one.  Enjoy your stay!
Personally Warty I prefer the NAA minis  ;D

Uncle Fatso

Welcome aboard Oakley!

grayelky

WELCOME

Feel free to jump in. Don't be bashful about asking questions. Odds are, with all the folks here, somebody will have an answer. Sometimes, the answers are even accurate!
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

jennflip

Yes, the safety notch is nice,but care should still be taken as it takes very little movement of the hammer for the cylinder to rotate and possibly end up with a shell under the hammer------

Bigbird48

If you carry your gun in a holster and don't play with the hammer this is very unlikely to happen. :)

Quote from: jennflip on December-28-17 13:12
Yes, the safety notch is nice,but care should still be taken as it takes very little movement of the hammer for the cylinder to rotate and possibly end up with a shell under the hammer------

smokeless joe

Quote from: Bigbird48 on December-31-17 08:12
If you carry your gun in a holster and don't play with the hammer this is very unlikely to happen. :)

Quote from: jennflip on December-28-17 13:12
I've heard people mention this but have never experienced it for myself in twenty years of carrying a mini.

Bigbird48

Hey Joe whats you say we go for a ride today, gonna be in the 70's here :D sorry to all you in the sub zero weather  8)

smokeless joe

Quote from: Bigbird48 on December-31-17 08:12
Hey Joe whats you say we go for a ride today, gonna be in the 70's here :D sorry to all you in the sub zero weather  8)
On my way brother

David Culp

seaotter

Welcome to the forum! The chambers on both of my minis were great right from the factory, with no polishing required at all, and I have never heard of anyone having "extraction issues" with a Pug. The whole "push them out with the pin" system may be slow, but it is so simple that it's  hard to imagine how there could be a problem! The 22 wmr cases do expand a bit, and some times they stick, but all you need to do is poke them slightly harder, and they should pop out.

The current issues with extraction are confined to the  Ranger 2 Model, which is brand new, and evidently is still being sorted out. If I recall, there were similar issues when the Sidewinder was first released. I suspect that there are  such issues with almost any new products. The cylinder on your Pug is the same one that they have been using on other models for decades, so I really doubt that you are going to have any problems with it. But, if you do, NAA will take good care of you!

MtGoat

Quote from: Oakley D on December-27-17 07:12
Greetings from Ohio everyone. I've know of NAA mini revolver for many years but was detered by the need to carry hammer down on empty chamber. Saw the Pug on Pinterest and did a little research. I loved the tritium sight and looks of the Pug. The safety notch cylinder sold me on the idea of owning a Pug.The wife was kind enough to give me a pug for Xmas and I'm very pleased with the overall fit and finish. Havent shot it yet as its been a little cold here. ( -1* at the moment)
My only concern is the rough chambers. As I read here on the forum this is common.
NAA says to test it and see if there's any extraction problems, if so they will take care of it.
I've polished the chambers as best as I can with mop,drill and metal polish.
Hopefully this slicked it up enough that it will be good.
-OakleyD

That is a nice looking 357, what model is it?

The statin stainless with the matte wood grips is a classy look.

Pat

Oakley D

MtGoat,  The revolver is a S&W 627 PC. 

mainstreet

Welcome! Nice picture. (We Love Pictures!)