Radius sharp edges of BW

Started by Floridave, January-07-18 08:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Floridave

Has anyone smoothed the front sharp corners, edges of their BW or Pug?  I find the sharp edges do get rather annoying on occasion.  I've done enough customization of other stainless revolvers and I know it would be an easy thing to do, just wondered if anyone else had done so. 

Uncle Fatso

I have. I used some 400 grit "wet or dry" sandpaper wrapped around a new rectangular rubber  eraser.  Took me about 20 minutes to break the sharp edges just enough to make it "comfortable". Did the muzzle corners on my BW and Mini Master, both.

zburkett

I buff the back of the cylinder so it doesn't cut my thumb.

grayelky

I have not, but would like to see before and after pics. Sounds interesting.
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

Scout24

I took one of my grey Spyderco Sharpmaker stones to all the sharp edges and corners of my newer 1" Magnum when I got it. Just enough to break the sharp edges.

Warthog

I am with Grayelky here.  I can't really feel my fingers so I never thought that would be good. :-\

I would like to see how things worked out though.  Makes it easier for me to see the problem now a days. 8)
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

jennflip

Sanded many corners and edges on my BW- including front and rear of the cylinder--after using it for a while to shave with---LOL

Floridave

Good to hear I'm not the only one. 😃  when I do it I will  take before and after pics,  though I'm not sure how noticeable it will be.  I don't plan to remove much, like jennflip mentioned, just bring it down so it's not shaving sharp   

Interesting using the sharpmaker stone, I never thought of that.

( I'm so excited, this is my first post that should be posted right away without a day+ wait for a moderator!!! 👍)