Just got the RANGER II, I have a few questions...

Started by rooftopkorean, January-05-18 10:01

Previous topic - Next topic

rooftopkorean

Hi All,

I just picked up #33 of the EB Rangers. I was playing around with the mini revolver and I noticed that when I try to put the hammer on the safety notch it does not stay in place. Is this normal? I assume that the hammer would notch in there and stay in place so that it would not turn into a round while in the pocket. Does this occur in any other NAA Minis?

Also, sometimes the revolver does not close all the way. It seems like it is blocked by the extractor.

Has anyone else seen these issues?

Uncle_Lee

Gee, After I get mine I'll look and see what you mean....
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

Muskox

Quote from: rooftopkorean on January-05-18 10:01
Hi All,

I just picked up #33 of the EB Rangers. I was playing around with the mini revolver and I noticed that when I try to put the hammer on the safety notch it does not stay in place. Is this normal? I assume that the hammer would notch in there and stay in place so that it would not turn into a round while in the pocket. Does this occur in any other NAA Minis?

Also, sometimes the revolver does not close all the way. It seems like it is blocked by the extractor.

My experience with my BT # 45 you have stay on the trigger pull until you feel the hammer settle in the safety notch, and then let up on the trigger; at least this was the case for my BT:
The extractor might slightly rotate off the grove (I would call it more a "little play", the was designed into it, I think) in the cylinder extractor, cause a stoppage to close. The quick and easy thing (trick) I used was rotating the cylinder slightly the direction the extractor is out of kilter. This doesn't happen often, but once it does happens it was quickly corrected; at least my experience with my Ranger II.

rooftopkorean

So i did a little research and it seems like a lot of owners have this issue. It apparently takes some practice to get the hammer in the safety notch so I will keep trying and update soon!

This is my first NAA so please be patient!

Don73

Rooftop, I have a Ranger II and don't have the problems you noted. Got to make sure you ride the hammer and keep trigger pulled until its all the way into the safety notch. Mine close's ok, the hammer must be in half cocked to close.

MR_22

Using the safety notch can require a little bit of practice, but once you get familiar with it, it'll be easy to do, I'm predicting.

rooftopkorean

I did not know that the hammer needed to be half cocked!

Thank you.

Quote from: Don73 on January-05-18 13:01
Rooftop, I have a Ranger II and don't have the problems you noted. Got to make sure you ride the hammer and keep trigger pulled until its all the way into the safety notch. Mine close's ok, the hammer must be in half cocked to close.

rooftopkorean

I'll keep practicing, I think I am the problem in this scenario

Quote from: MR_22 on January-05-18 13:01
Using the safety notch can require a little bit of practice, but once you get familiar with it, it'll be easy to do, I'm predicting.

rooftopkorean

UPDATE

It was all my fault. I got everything working now and i have to say...this ranger II is exactly what i imagined it to be!

grayelky

Glad you got it worked out. I take it you will be shooting this one. Let us know what you think of it.
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

heyjoe

Quote from: rooftopkorean on January-05-18 14:01
UPDATE

It was all my fault. I got everything working now and i have to say...this ranger II is exactly what i imagined it to be!

thats good news....happy for you
It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

smokeless joe

Now that you're comfortable with the Ranger what's your next mini gonna be rooftop?

rooftopkorean

I'm going to either buy the the BW amd Pug or BW and Sidewinder

I'm going through a phase I think

Quote from: smokeless joe on January-05-18 16:01
Now that you're comfortable with the Ranger what's your next mini gonna be rooftop?

smokeless joe

Quote from: rooftopkorean on January-05-18 17:01

Of all the minis I find the sidewinder the most unappealing. But beauty is in the eyes of the beholder so the one I overlook may be the one you take home. Win win for everybody.

I've been going thru a phase for years now  :-\

scbuxton

It's not a phase, it's an addiction!  Welcome to the club!
BTW, everyone needs a BW. Go ahead, take the plunge.  8)

smokeless joe

Quote from: scbuxton on January-05-18 18:01
BTW, everyone needs a BW. Go ahead, take the plunge.  8)
Sound advice scbuxton

Uncle_Lee

Quote from: rooftopkorean on January-05-18 17:01

I don't think that I have said "Welcome" to you yet.
SO ----------
Welcome rooftopkorean..

It is not a phase you are going througih.
It is onset NAA mini addiction.

I just gotta have.
I only need.
I want.

HUMMM, a pair of those...

I am an expert in the field of NAA mini addiction.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

Bigbird48

Welcome Congrats on your first of many minis ;D ;D A Black Widow is a must have. I think Most here will agree its the perfect balance between Power, accuracy and concealability (is that a word LOL ) ???

autofull

i kept thinking it would become harder for me to find the saftey notch as i have grown older but after way too many years of naa mini,s it is just a natural manipulation to me.  kevin.

Bigbird48

Rooftop we have a thread called whats behind your username. Whats your story? :D

rooftopkorean

I am a Korean and I believe in my God given rights to own firearms and protect whats mine!  ;D

Quote from: Bigbird48 on January-11-18 09:01
Rooftop we have a thread called whats behind your username. Whats your story? :D

Bigbird48

Yea I think we got the Korean part but why the Rooftop? ;D ;D ;D

rooftopkorean

Ah! Back during the LA Riots, Korean store owners would sit atop the roofs of their stores in order to protect them from looters!

Quote from: Bigbird48 on January-11-18 10:01

Bigbird48

I love it very good. Always head for the high ground you have the advantage . ;D

OldManJared

This just might be the best story behind any username so far!  :D

Quote from: rooftopkorean on January-11-18 10:01
Ah! Back during the LA Riots, Korean store owners would sit atop the roofs of their stores in order to protect them from looters!

redhawk4

Agreed a great screen name story, with that reference to why so many of us consider gun ownership important, the ability to protect ourselves, our families and when appropriate our property. In a so called civilised society many need to look to incidents like the LA riots and Hurricane Katrina, to name a few, to see how quickly that supposed civilization can break down and have us living under the law of the jungle. I have a couple of guns, I purchased with such events in the back of my mind, better to be prepared, while enjoying punching paper in the meantime. I still  clearly remember the videos of various guys on the rooftops after all these years, in fact I think that was when I made a mental note to be sure if the same thing happened to me, I'd be ready as they were.
Old Enough to Know Better - Still Too Young to Care

I "Acted the Fool" so often in School they made me get an Equity Card

smokeless joe

😄

Quote from: rooftopkorean on January-11-18 10:01
Makes sense. We work too hard for what we've got to have some douche bag come and take that away.

Bigbird48

You know its true that we all here believe we have a right to protect our property,but I think in reality if you were to use deadly force to protect that property you'd be in serious trouble.There are a couple of states that allow the use of deadly force to protect property but there very specific instances were its allowed, car jacking is one that comes to mind. I think in most instances if there stealing property from outside my home let them have it, its replaceable.  I think cars in most states are considered home if your in it and there for you can protect it, but if you come out of a store and see someone stealing your car you don't have a right to shoot them.

rooftopkorean

So, in my state (Texas) I believe that most courts have stated that if a person is trying to enter your vehicle then you have a justified shooting. Otherwise, I have heard you will pay dearly if you exit your vehicle and use deadly force.

Quote from: Bigbird48 on January-11-18 15:01
You know its true that we all here believe we have a right to protect our property,but I think in reality if you were to use deadly force to protect that property you'd be in serious trouble.There are a couple of states that allow the use of deadly force to protect property but there very specific instances were its allowed, car jacking is one that comes to mind. I think in most instances if there stealing property from outside my home let them have it, its replaceable.  I think cars in most states are considered home if your in it and there for you can protect it, but if you come out of a store and see someone stealing your car you don't have a right to shoot them.

Bigbird48

redhawk4

Quote from: Bigbird48 on January-11-18 16:01
Thats the way I understand it .

That was my understanding too, that's why when I touched on the subject I said when appropriate. However in some circumstances you could claim you felt your life was at stake if you felt just letting someone take your property would not satisfy them. In reality most of what we have isn't worth the downside of killing someone over. However in a riot situation with an angry mob, your life is very much in danger. In the LA riots it helped that some of the mobs was shooting at people already. In other incidents I guess you just have to decide do I die here? or take my chances a jury will see reason? One thing obvious from the videos I've seen was that the sight of guns were a great deterrent to most of the trouble makers. 
Old Enough to Know Better - Still Too Young to Care

I "Acted the Fool" so often in School they made me get an Equity Card

Chacha77

Hey rooftop, where are you at in Texas? It's good to see I won't be the only one in this state with a ranger 2, this will also be my first mini, oh yeah I'm up in Lubbock by the way

Bigbird48

Do you know Waylon and Willie  ::)

Quote from: Chacha77 on January-11-18 18:01
Hey rooftop, where are you at in Texas? It's good to see I won't be the only one in this state with a ranger 2, this will also be my first mini, oh yeah I'm up in Lubbock by the way

Chacha77

Quote from: Bigbird48 on January-11-18 18:01
Do you know Waylon and Willie  ::)

I listen to their music, hoping I get to see Willie before he dies!

smokeless joe

Quote from: Chacha77 on January-12-18 11:01
I listen to their music, hoping I get to see Willie before he dies!
I'm hoping to do the same. Gonna be in Austin next month visiting some friends. I grew up in Houston.