I JUST GOT SHIPPING NOTICE FOR 2 RANGERS!

Started by MR_22, January-05-18 12:01

Previous topic - Next topic

MR_22

Woot woot!

I just got a shipping notice email from NAA and a tracking number email from FedEx for my 2 conversion Rangers!

postalman

"Let the gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks."- Thomas Jefferson

redhawk4

Me Too!!!! :)

Since we revealed our forum ID's and real names recently, it seems the forum members are receiving the priority that Jessica said we would. Perhaps the high level posters are even getting some priority on top of that. I'm pretty amazed that FedEx 2 day deliver has an expected delivery date of January 9th for a 17.5 mile journey. Perhaps that will change when they actually have the package in hand, doesn't seem very "2 dayey" when it takes 4 days for that distance given that the FEDEX hub sits about midway between the two locations.
Old Enough to Know Better - Still Too Young to Care

I "Acted the Fool" so often in School they made me get an Equity Card

MR_22

I think FedEx will probably get my package to my dealer in Orem quicker than Tuesday, but I guess we shall see. Perhaps it has to go to Salt Lake City for sorting, though, I don't know. After all of this waiting, Tuesday seems close enough!

I was wondering about prioritizing within the prioritized list myself. I also think it's possible to ship to every person who responded on the board in one day, although it's probable that some people contacted Jessica without posting to the board.

In any case, it's Christmas again in January! Can't wait! I'll still be making my box-opening video, as if I'm the very first one ever to get one.

redhawk4

The 3 reporting shipping notices and credit card charges today are all in the higher post numbers, but who knows, the good news is they obviously have some Rangers that have been built recently, so production is up and running again meaning no one is too far away, especially forum members who based on the last email from Jessica are receiving some priority. The wait had dulled my excitement level a little, but now I know it's on the way, it certainly feels like Christmas again :

Regarding FEDEX I'm sure that tracking info will change once they have the packages in their hands, they don't want to allocate an expected delivery date that will have the customer chewing them out, when as happens sometimes shipping labels get printed, but the package isn't handed to the shipper until the next day, or as happened to me recently on an eBay purchase 14 days later!!. If the packages leave the factory today, which being early in the day I'd expect, I'd be very surprised if they are not delivered on Monday for us UT residents and even for anyone further afield, the packages keep moving over the weekends even if the facilities are closed to the public and there are no Sunday deliveries for normal shipping.

MR_22

Quote from: redhawk4 on January-05-18 13:01
The 3 reporting shipping notices and credit card charges today are all in the higher post numbers,

True. But who would you expected to report FIRST that they got notice? People who spam the board every day or those who post only every other month? LOL. So I don't know if that fact means anything or not. It could, tho.

But, congrats to at least 3 of us!

rooftopkorean

I received a shipping notice the week before New Years. I think they are going either randomly or in order of who emailed Jessica their name and username?

Since I don't have as many posts, I am assuming that might not be priority

The 3 reporting shipping notices and credit card charges today are all in the higher post numbers, but who knows, the good news is they obviously have some Rangers that have been built recently, so production is up and running again meaning no one is too far away, especially forum members who based on the last email from Jessica are receiving some priority. The wait had dulled my excitement level a little, but now I know it's on the way, it certainly feels like Christmas again :

Regarding FEDEX I'm sure that tracking info will change once they have the packages in their hands, they don't want to allocate an expected delivery date that will have the customer chewing them out, when as happens sometimes shipping labels get printed, but the package isn't handed to the shipper until the next day, or as happened to me recently on an eBay purchase 14 days later!!. If the packages leave the factory today, which being early in the day I'd expect, I'd be very surprised if they are not delivered on Monday for us UT residents and even for anyone further afield, the packages keep moving over the weekends even if the facilities are closed to the public and there are no Sunday deliveries for normal shipping.

redhawk4

That's why I added the "but who knows" there are a number of factors that could make what we see by posts alone, wildly inaccurate, although we did have some with very low post numbers saying they'd got theirs a few weeks back. By tonight we may have a clearer picture, because likely a lot of folks are at work without access to their emails during those hours.There are certainly some other regulars who have not reported anything yet, or responded to the fact others are shipping, so it's certainly too early to do any more than speculate. There's also the possibility that they are shipped in the order people responded to Jessica's post for our forum names, which would have put those who are able, and do, access the board during the day at an advantage.

redhawk4

Quote from: rooftopkorean on January-05-18 13:01
I received a shipping notice the week before New Years. I think they are going either randomly or in order of who emailed Jessica their name and username?

It was certainly a lottery early in the process as Jessica stated, since we were asked to clarify our user names and real names so they could tie that to orders we were told there would be a priority to forum members, we just don't know if that's still a lottery within that group, whether posts count, or whether how quickly you sent the requested info to Jessica that effects the roll out. If posts count I'd expect to have seen Uncle Lee chime in, but haven't seen any activity from him today yet.

Ruger

Yeah, I received my notice!  They are falling like flies now.  Cool day for many!
Never Take anything Too Seriously . .Just Enough Will Do.

redhawk4

Quote from: Ruger on January-05-18 13:01
They are falling like flies now.

Not the nicest analogy :) but great to see the movement and to deserving forum members who are loyal owners. I have a feeling today will see the most happy campers among the forum members to date.

MR_22

So, was yours shipped before or after Christmas? As far as we've been able to tell--at least from those who posted here--there weren't any shipped between Christmas and New Years. There might have been, but I don't remember seeing any confirmation of that fact.

Even so, yes, I think it has been random--or possibly based on when you ordered. I originally ordered October 1, but then that first batch was nullified (although it still shows up in my order history). But like a numbskull, I waited a few days to order the second time.

heyjoe

It was certainly a lottery early in the process as Jessica stated, since we were asked to clarify our user names and real names so they could tie that to orders we were told there would be a priority to forum members, we just don't know if that's still a lottery within that group, whether posts count, or whether how quickly you sent the requested info to Jessica that effects the roll out. If posts count I'd expect to have seen Uncle Lee chime in, but haven't seen any activity from him today yet.

i havent heard anything today either....but its still only 230 in Utah
It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

smokeless joe

Good to hear Mr_22. My shipping notice came thru as well.

David Culp

Uncle_Lee

I got my notice also.
To be delivered around the 9th.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

smokeless joe

Quote from: uncle_lee on January-05-18 15:01
I got my notice also.
Glad they included you in this batch unc. I'm honored to be in your company sir.

Uncle_Lee

Thanks Joe.
I am honored to be getting them with you.
God, Country, & Flag

scbuxton

Yeeeaaahoooooo!
Got my notice today too!  Delivery on the 9th.
It's been a long, long time coming.
Looks like a range trip next week snow or not.

redhawk4

Quote from: uncle_lee on January-05-18 15:01
I got my notice also.

Wonderful news Uncle Lee, get those shoe boxes ready :) I was worried you might choke on your coffee seeing all us other lucky folks and you getting nothing. I can't think of anyone more deserving than your good self, with not only your extensive NAA collection, but also all your posts here. You getting one also reinforces my conjecture that they are taking care of the more prolific posters following Jessica asking for our forum ID's and real names to be clarified, Friday the 5th looks to be a big day for the forum faithful and next week a big week as we all receive them :)

Congrats to SCBuxton too, another worthy recipient.

smokeless joe

Hey uncle_lee if you need to remove one of your original Rangers to make room for the incoming Ranger I'd be happy to hold on to it for you  8)

Uncle_Lee

I just bought a new pair of big boots. Enough room for the new Rangers.

Joe, can't separate the twins. They are joined at the butts. ;D
God, Country, & Flag

MR_22

So, FedEx says my Rangers are spending the night in Salt Lake City. I was afraid of that. No across-the-valley shipping. It probably has to go to the big sorting facility in Salt Lake before it's redirected back down to Orem, the next city north from Provo. Still scheduled for January 9, but I'm still thinking that could change. In the shipping system is still good news!

redhawk4

Yes I noticed the same, but based on my other packages travelling Fedex it should move to the Orem location by Saturday/Sunday night for delivery Monday.

smokeless joe

Quote from: uncle_lee on January-05-18 21:01
I just bought a new pair of big boots. Enough room for the new Rangers.

Joe, can't separate the twins. They are joined at the butts. ;D
Ok sir but if you ever find yourself short on space I got your back ;)

redhawk4

Today mines out for delivery, having left Draper UT, where it sat all day yesterday for reasons only Fedex could understand. Waiting for an update to show it's been delivered.

keithd

Ranger II EB
Wasp
Black Widow

MR_22

Mine have been delivered! Haha! Now the next step--I have to schedule a time to pick them up, hopefully today.

redhawk4

smokeless joe

Mine is at lgs but it'll have to sit til Friday before I can grab it.

MR_22

Quote from: redhawk4 on January-09-18 14:01
Heading out to pick mine up now :) :)

You're going to beat me to having them in-hand! ;)

redhawk4

Beat you to the draw, the first conversion cylinder EB model in UT :) :) Crap picture, no time for anything artistic unfortunately.

RangerJim

Love it, Redhawk!  Congrats!  Can't wait to hear the range report!   :)
So, making guns illegal will take them off the street?
Perfect!  We should probably make heroine and meth illegal, too!

Qind

Congratulations! Waiting on mine,patiently.  I have a set of presentation grade, beautiful samber stag grips in the safe waiting on its arrival.  They have been waiting for just the right NAA, this is it.

Ruger

Never Take anything Too Seriously . .Just Enough Will Do.