Sandy’s email back about Ranger ll’s not yet shipped...

Started by Gobbletn, January-03-18 07:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobbletn

Hey guys, for those of us still waiting on our EB Ranger ll's, some encouragement from an email reply I received from Sandy this AM... i asked about the cylinder pictures posted here and "sticking" cases. I asked if those areas were being addressed on the builds going forward... not wanting to send them back to be reworked.... Happily his yeply was YES.

So maybe the wait will be worth it after correcting some of the early difficulties.
Not sure why, but Dad always said "Shoot Straight" before every hunt

smokeless joe

That's encouraging. Did he mention when shipping might resume?

Gobbletn

No indication of resuming shipping... we have been waiting this so long, a few weeks more to get it correct seems worth it. I hate the first ones shipped have had problems... not what he wanted to happen but hopefully the areas have been addressed and the going forward our delays will be worth it and the product will be good to go!!!

RangerJim

Thanks, Gobble!  Any chance you could post his email reply for us to see ... or at least the relevant excerpts?   :)
So, making guns illegal will take them off the street?
Perfect!  We should probably make heroine and meth illegal, too!

Gobbletn

The following is my questions to Sandy... obviously being a busy man his yeply was a simple quick reply.... see below!

Question;
Hello Sandy, thank you for keeping us updated. I am one of the patiently waiting Ranger conversion guys... the cylinder pictures of "rings" on the forums that possibly resulted in "sticking" brass, stupid question, but is that being addressed prior to sending out the remaining EB's...?

Answer;
Yes.

Short but in a way you can see his feelings and frustration in his reply... YES, the problems are known and being addressed prior to further shipment... I love this company, seems like they truly care.

Warthog

Shot one of my Ranger IIs yesterday, cases didn't stick.  Looked over the cylinders on both but only saw minor machine marks.  Nothing like the other ones posted, mine looked fine.

I hope they get the rest of you served with Ranger IIs soon.
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

smokeless joe

Quote from: Warty62 on January-04-18 07:01
Shot one of my Ranger IIs yesterday, cases didn't stick.  Looked over the cylinders on both but only saw minor machine marks.  Nothing like the other ones posted, mine looked fine.
Good to hear

Quote from: Warty62 on January-04-18 07:01
I hope they get the rest of you served with Ranger IIs soon.
I hope so too

grayelky

I hate to be the one to rain on a parade, but remember Shot Show is January 23-26 this year. Majority of NAA's staff will be there. I don't know, but I suspect the production folks will still be at the plant working. I could be wrong. Typically, production, across the industry, slows during Shot Show week.
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

MR_22

Quite true, greyelky. Not only that week, but preparations for the SHOT Show and then the logistics of getting booth materials shipped to Las Vegas and then setup on the show floor. In years past, I've been involved in setting up booths for an annual show in Vegas, both in getting materials ready (software for me), and then making sure everything is setup just right and everything "works", not to mention manning the booth during the show. That's all a lot of work.

I'm going to SHOT again this year, so I'll get some benefit from their hard work. Every year I stop by to say hi to Sandy and I'm expecting I'll do the same this year. If there's any requests for the show, either NAA or whatever else, get them in during the next 3 weeks. :)

Jobrando

I'm patiently waiting for you birds to be made happy so I can buy one from a retailer. Maybe by March 1st things will be resolved.

Canoeal

"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

Gobbletn

Quote from: grayelky on January-04-18 09:01
I hate to be the one to rain on a parade, but remember Shot Show is January 23-26 this year. Majority of NAA's staff will be there. I don't know, but I suspect the production folks will still be at the plant working. I could be wrong. Typically, production, across the industry, slows during Shot Show week.

Not raining on the parade at all... I'm glad to wait.. would rather it be correct once I receive!!! Patience is a virtue!!!

heyjoe

Quote from: Canoeal on January-04-18 11:01
Did someone say February?...

i did...i said it will be my birthday present 2/2 instead of christmas present
It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

smokeless joe

Quote from: heyjoe on January-04-18 12:01

Just so long as it's not my birthday present. I'd rather not wait til October  ::)

MR_22

Quote from: smokeless joe on January-04-18 12:01
Just so long as it's not my birthday present. I'd rather not wait til October  ::)

Well, my birthday is in 360 days. I'd rather not wait until then, too. ::)

smokeless joe

Quote from: MR_22 on January-04-18 12:01

Well, my birthday is in 360 days. I'd rather not wait until then, too. ::)
Happy belated Birthday buddy

MtGoat

I would not be surprised if NAA shipped out all of the Forum Members orders before SHOT.
I am guessing that was why they wanted to know who was who.

Just a guess.

Pat

smokeless joe

Quote from: MtGoat on January-04-18 13:01
I would not be surprised if NAA shipped out all of the Forum Members orders before SHOT.

Just a guess.

Pat
That would be sweet Pat. Hopefully your hunch is correct.

MR_22

Happy belated Birthday buddy

Thanks, Joe, but my birthday was SOOO last year. :D :D :D

Here's one for ya: Last week I was 49, but next year I'll be 52. 100% true!

MR_22

Quote from: smokeless joe on January-04-18 13:01
Quote from: MtGoat on January-04-18 13:01

Just a guess.

Pat
That would be sweet Pat. Hopefully your hunch is correct.

I would agree that this is probably correct. In fact, I'd be surprised if it were not the case.

smokeless joe

Quote from: MR_22 on January-04-18 13:01

redhawk4

My guess is that there are still some production/quality problems that are being addressed, there has certainly been very little movement in terms of any being shipped. Now Jessica has the information to tie our forum names to our real names, I suspect that  they may be shipped to those with the most posts first, once they become available.

With regards to the Gobbletn's email, firstly he asked a closed question which leads to a yes or no answer and also a question that could only realistically invite the answer "yes"  from any company, although I believe it means alot more than lip service with NAA. Had the question been  along the lines of  "what is being done about the cylinder issues and the sticking brass?" it could not have been answered with a yes or no. Having said that how many companies are there where you'd even receive a reply these days? I have 2 companies at the moment who supplied a faulty product, who will not even answer my emails. So good for Sandy and NAA.

Regardless of how common the problem Big Bird had with his Ranger is, I'm confident that NAA are going to do their utmost to ensure that problem is eradicated from future production and that any finished Rangers will be carefully checked.

Old Enough to Know Better - Still Too Young to Care

I "Acted the Fool" so often in School they made me get an Equity Card

smokeless joe

Ok I got it now. You just turned 50, this year 51 next year 52. Took me a minute

MR_22

Quote from: smokeless joe on January-04-18 14:01

Ok I got it now. You just turned 50, this year 51 next year 52. Took me a minute

Exactly. I've been "playing that trick" since i was about 10 years old. :) You'd think it would get old, but nope, it's just me. ;)

Bluelitenin

HAPPY GROUNDHOG DAY

denjohnson

Only makes sense to correct discovered/identified problems before magnifying the issue by distributing them to your customers.  I'll wait for a premium product rather than a possibly flawed product.  Thanks for the heads up.   

smokeless joe

Quote from: MR_22 on January-04-18 14:01
Quote from: smokeless joe on January-04-18 14:01

Exactly. I've been "playing that trick" since i was about 10 years old. :) You'd think it would get old, but nope, it's just me. ;)
Yeah it took me a minute. I'm not always quick in the draw.

heyjoe

Quote from: Bluelitenin on January-04-18 16:01

HAPPY GROUNDHOG DAY

thanks...and also Fred Flintstones birthday
It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

cfsharry

Canceled my EB order last week if anyone would like another. Figure I'll wait for production model and hope they have worked out the bugs. Bought 200 round of Gold Dot hoping I'd have mine before Christmas. Nothing worse than ammo without a gun to shoot it from.
Patience is a d@mn boring virtue!

redhawk4

I have Gold Dot ammo and pearl grips waiting for mine. Did get a shipping notice today though so they won't be lonely sitting on my desk for much longer :)   Personally I feel the bugs should have been sorted in the period where it seems there was little, if any, production following production problems and the sticking brass issue was identified, we'll see, but I imagine all current production is getting a good once over before leaving the factory, after the initial hiccups, so they could be the best made ones ever :). At least if I have problems I can return it personally, living so near the factory :)
Old Enough to Know Better - Still Too Young to Care

I "Acted the Fool" so often in School they made me get an Equity Card

MR_22

Yup, I got a few boxes of Gold Dots for mine, too. One of these next days, I'm gonna take in my Bug Out mini to get the Magnum cylinder and then I think I'll start carrying it.

Uncle_Lee

Quote from: denjohnson on January-04-18 16:01
Only makes sense to correct discovered/identified problems before magnifying the issue by distributing them to your customers.  I'll wait for a premium product rather than a possibly flawed product.  Thanks for the heads up.

Good morning denjohnson.
Welcome to "morning group".
My name is "Uncle Lee".  (everyone say "Hello Uncle Lee" )

It is an honor to be here on this forum.
We are the test facility for NAA.
When a new model comes out, we are given the chance to buy it at MSRP and help iron out any problems/might be problems.
Sandy knows that he can trust us to be honest and not go over the edge if a problem shows up. Just return it and it gets fixed.

OH,, Who's Sandy??
He's the BMFIC. And a good one indeed.
We love & respect Sandy and it appears he returns both.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

Ruger

Quote from: uncle_lee on January-06-18 06:01. . . . . It is an honor to be here on this forum. . . . .

I agree. 

I participate in a few other forums.  None are like this one; the respect for each other here is renowned,the tom-foolery is wonderful; the respect for NAA & Sandy is above all other manufacturers, and theirs for us.
Never Take anything Too Seriously . .Just Enough Will Do.

Gobbletn

Quote from: cfsharry on January-04-18 19:01
Canceled my EB order last week if anyone would like another. Figure I'll wait for production model and hope they have worked out the bugs. Bought 200 round of Gold Dot hoping I'd have mine before Christmas. Nothing worse than ammo without a gun to shoot it from.
Patience is a d@mn boring virtue!

Sorry you canceled your EB order... This is commonplace in first production runs... I need some more Gold Dot!!!