Anyone Else Have A Ruger Bearcat?

Started by gebe, January-11-18 14:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Boisesteve

ooops, what I meant

Dinadan

The Bearcat is one of my favorite revolvers. Mine has fixed sights and shoots to the point of aim perfectly. It is just a fun gun to shoot and a very nice size to carry in the woods. By the way, if you are specially fond of the size of the Bearcat, you might want to check out one of the reproductions of theColt 1849. The two are just about identical in size and holsters are interchangeable.

top dog

That is a very nice combo there.  I always loved the little BearCat since it was first introduced in the 50s. Never had a chance to purchase the first ones but about 8 years ago got a new model.

It is like a little Swiss Watch. Perfect in every way.

Top Dog

Lemon

I plan to try and get a picture of mine maybe today or tomorrow. theysayimnotme thanks for the info. The versatility of 357,38 and 9 is what appeals to me. Hopefully it was just to the particular gun you had. I have not seen that reported on the newer ones and they do come with different cylinders. But I welcome any input because then it let's me know what to look out for.

boone123 you make an excellent point. That is ones of the things I like about the Bearcat. It slows you down and gives you time to enjoy the moment. And as you said a little ammo goes a long way giving and afternoon of enjoyment. 

pietro

Be careful if you follow the masses - Sometimes the M is silent

boone123

I have a Shopkeeper with a bit of yellow/orange on the front sight that shoots right to the point of aim.

Lemon

The pictures are not that good but here is my Bearcat.

Warthog

My Bearcat is in the picture below, it is a large picture so click it and you can easily see which it is...
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

LHB

Remember reading in the "Gun Digest" the year the Bearcat came out that Ruger had copied the little Remington, rather than the Colt.

dale_az

I've been casually looking for a nice Bearcat for a while.  Well, today was the day I found one. 
I think I got a fair deal, its a pretty clean one.  Not perfect, but looks like its been shot very little.
Old model, according to the serial # it was made in 1967.

Uncle Fatso

gebe

Quote from: Warty62 on January-18-18 17:01
My Bearcat is in the picture below, it is a large picture so click it and you can easily see which it is...

Sorry to stray from my own thread but man Gary, that is a great collection! I've had some of those in the past including a couple of those Hi Standard derringers.

Did you ever have a Colt Python? I had a Colt Python Elite that was a mirror polished stainless Python. I even had the box and papers and sold it about 7 years ago for $1,000.00. I originally paid $900.00 for it back in the '80's. Who would know it would be worth a fortune now?

Anyway, to get back to the subject, I'll be able to pick up my Bearcat with the adj. sights in a couple of days. Can't wait to dial it in!

Warthog

I should get a Colt Python 357 mag, seen below, sorry for the straying too.  8) He threw the box and stuff in the garbage even though I told him he would help the resale value if he kept it. ::)

My Dad currently has it, took it back when he was told by a friend, something I had suggested a LOT, that he would likely be better off with the revolver than his Colt Commander 1911, which he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn from inside.  I will say that Florida would still be willing to give him a conceal carry permit because he is a Korean War Vet, though he hasn't dome n=more than handle a gun since then, so he is already trained.

I am sure there are people who were of the same Era who are good at handling a firearm, like they never forgot or kept things up at the range or whatever. My Dad isn't one of them. :(
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

gebe

Well, I'm a Marine Corps Viet Nam veteran and I'm very lucky to have been able to enjoy many different guns all these years since then.

I hope to enjoy them for a few more years and these Bearcats are one of the reasons why I love guns!

Uncle Fatso

Lipsey's offered a limited run of 6.5" Bearcats last year. Anybody here have one of those?

boone123

Went out today and put  about a hundred rounds through my Bearcat Shopkeeper. Shoots right to POA. Blew frozen chunks of cow &hit all over the place.

cbl51

I hate you guys! >:(

Showing all these pics of bearcats, is definitely going to cost me money!!!

I've always missed the bearcat I had way back when, and keeping tabs on this thread is dooming me.
:)

boone123

I didn't post a picture, so maybe it didn't happen. All better now?

top dog

Boisesteve,
That holster for your 4" Mini Master,where did you get it?   Looks really nice.

Top Dog

bearcatter

Quote from: pietro on January-18-18 13:01

The lower gun is a Remington 1863 New Model Police. That was the inspiration for Bill Ruger to make the Bearcat. Easy to see.
"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

bearcatter

Seems I'm finding several places to post these photos, but I'll do it one more time....

I love my two Stainless Bearcats, hence my member ID on several forums.

Mine were built in 2012, before Ruger stopped using aluminum ejector housings. So mine have aftermarket EWK housings, Wolff main and base pin latch springs. Made them perfect for me. Found the Lett grips on eBay several years ago. Bill Lett was "cleaning out his attic" and posted about a hundred various Ruger grips at yard sale prices.. Lett is long gone, used to make nearly all of Ruger's grips.
"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

PaducahMichael

Does anyone know if this .32 H&R mag John Wayne edition is a bearcat? Seems about the right size - any thoughts?

Oh - wait it's a Single Six. How does that compare to a Bearcat size-wise? I like the way this one shoots - no recoil to speak of and shoots to poa at 20yds.

"The world is made for people who aren't cursed with self awareness."