ordering a long rifle cylinder for pug /dealer cant get me one

Started by sillygoose, February-01-18 13:02

Previous topic - Next topic

sillygoose

hello I just joined the forum today and I went to my local dealer to order the 22 mag pug and I want the longrifle cylinder and they cant get one . is this something I have to buy direct? or should I try another dealerdoes anyone on here have both?

MR_22

Cylinders must be fitted and timed at the factory by NAA to make sure the chambers line up with the barrel and doesn't shave lead. That means you have to send the mini-revolver into the factory for the fitting.

It may be possible to obtain a cylinder from a different source (used maybe?) and have your local gunsmith time it for you. You can also check timing yourself, but unless  you really know what you're doing, it's not recommended.

WELCOME to the NAA Board!

Canoeal

Yeah. you have to order the conversion gun as a special order. Either that or buy the gun, and send it back to the factory to fit the 22 cylinder...
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

Don73

Call NAA at 1-800-821-5783 and they can tell you the best way to get a 22LR cylinder.

RogueTS1

Welcome to the Forum Sillygoose. As stated above it is not as simple as swapping out the cylinders in most cases. The cylinder must be timed to the gun for proper function.
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

smokeless joe

Welcome sillygoose. I sent my Pug back to NAA and they set me up with a lr cylinder. Shipped it back thru my lgs.

Lemon

If he is ordering it from the dealer then can't the dealer order the pug with both cylinders? I do not have the pug but I thought it was just like any other magnum frame in terms of making a special order. I special ordered my Sidewinder to come with both cylinders from my local gun shop.

sillygoose

thanks for the replys everyone. I did get it all worked out but its not as bad as I figured it would be . I found a local shop with a pug in stock. so I'm gonna buy it and have them send it back to naa for fitting .

adp3

Go to a dealer that uses Ellett Brothers as a distributor.  There's an Ellett Brothers "Exclusive" model Pug in .22WMR with the .22LR conversion cylinder.  As of two weeks ago the SC warehouse was out so mine came from the Pennsylvania warehouse.  Mine was $390 out the door.

Best Regards,
ADP3
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt,"
-Mark Twain

sillygoose

thanks for the info outer ring I wrote that info down ill take it to my dealer today

autofull

i was lucky as i bought a 22lr conversion cylinder from numrich and it timed out perfect on my pug. i work on revolvers alot and do know how to time them but as i said, i was very lucky on that purchase.  kevin

WECSOG

Quote from: sillygoose on February-02-18 06:02
thanks for the info outer ring I wrote that info down ill take it to my dealer today
Not gonna say it, because I'm sure you will figure that one out very soon!  ;D
Black Widow convertible
Magnum 1-5/8"
Super Companion 1-5/8"
LR 1-1/8"