Snug as a Pug in a rug..

Started by kycliff162, January-31-18 18:01

Previous topic - Next topic

kycliff162

I like it..

Uncle_Lee

God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

Benjamin

I like your information a lot.

Uncle_Lee

A picture is worth a thousand words.
God, Country, & Flag

jdiddy

Seems like this is quite a convenient way to carry, but do you not worry that the gun is pointed at your head?

Warthog

Quote from: jdiddy on November-25-18 21:11
Seems like this is quite a convenient way to carry, but do you not worry that the gun is pointed at your head?

I am sort of with you here jdiddy.  I have carried many firearms in my day but having it pointed up and at my chin, isn't for me.

kycliff162, don't mind me, carry the firearm as you wish.  It is yours and carry it so you have it when it is needed. 8)
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

RICKS PLACE

I feel the NAA safety notch is as safe as they come, but I would never bring myself to point a gun at something I didn't intend to shoot.  That includes my head.

Ruger

Yeah, I've come to like and appreciate my head also . . .
Never Take anything Too Seriously . .Just Enough Will Do.

glenn

I wear my "Shorty" pointed at my throat.   I decided I'd rather have it pointed at MY head rather than my wife's or daughter's or YOUR daughter's head or any other of their body parts.

Proud Untermenschen of the NWO

Uncle_Lee

Good point Glenn.
Hadn't given that a thought when I am wearing a horizontal shoulder holster.
My bad.
God, Country, & Flag

glenn

Yup ... even an IWB or other designs ...
Think about where that muzzle is pointed when you are sitting in a car or restaurant or somewhere else.   Sometimes it's not pretty.

I'll stick with it pointing at my own head, thank you.

Proud Untermenschen of the NWO

Uncle_Lee

Quote from: glenn on January-22-19 16:01
Yup ... even an IWB or other designs ...
Think about where that muzzle is pointed when you are sitting in a car or restaurant or somewhere else.   Sometimes it's not pretty.

I'll stick with it pointing at my own head, thank you.

;D Sometime I carry a pair of medium sized 9 mm's. I got man boobs but not that big. ;D
God, Country, & Flag

Canoeal

Carried in a pocket holster, covering the hammer and the trigger, with it set in the safety slots, I am not worried about my BW magically firing itself. I don't worry about where it is pointing under the table...Reasonable safety practices yes, paranoia, nope.
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

Biff

How positive is the retention?  I would hate to lose it during strenuous activities.

Ruger

Quote from: Biff on January-22-19 23:01. . . . . . .  strenuous activities.

Your kidding, right!?!
Never Take anything Too Seriously . .Just Enough Will Do.

Canoeal

Never has come out in the two years I have been carrying that way...old picture. This is a 'work' holster, not my 'nice' (DGL) holster.
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

Biff

Strenuous activity:  OK, I stumble out of a bar once in a while; things can get crazy.

Warthog

Biff, I used to do some stumbling out of bars too.  Never would I take a firearm with me if this was what I was gonna do though, I always felt I was more likely to be stupid if stumbling and, well, no one ever messed with me anyway.

A Pocket Holster, like the one below from rick is the way I carry my NAA Minis...usually have at least one knife with me too...clipped to the pocket though, nothing fancy for the blade, just easy access and opening (if not a foxed blade).
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

Canoeal

Quote from: Canoeal on January-23-19 07:01
Never has come out in the two years I have been carrying that way...old picture. This is a 'work' holster, not my 'nice' (DGL) holster.

Here is a new pic with my DGL holster and the current grip. Yes, it does get used.

jsp123

jsp123