CB Cap availability

Started by ghh3rd, February-01-18 18:02

Previous topic - Next topic

ghh3rd

Anyone know where I can buy CB caps...  not CB shorts. Many years ago I had a box of CB caps, and they were tiny little things, and it would be a hoot to try some of them in the NAA 22 short revolver. Even though I've searched extensively on the Internet, I can't find anybody that sells them.

Thanks

Randy
4 out of 5 doctors agree that playing Russian Roulette with an NAA mini is safe...

WECSOG

Bud's Gun Shop has RWS CB caps.
Black Widow convertible
Magnum 1-5/8"
Super Companion 1-5/8"
LR 1-1/8"

theysayimnotme

Even if you can find BB or CB caps the prices will blow your mind. Glad I still have about half a tin of BB caps but I doubt I will ever fire them.

Uncle Fatso

RWS CB caps are around $50/150 rounds.  The CCI CB shorts are about $9/100.  And they're easier to handle, not being so miniscule.

JRobyn

Aren't ".22 Power Loads" for concrete anchor guns the same thing?  I know they are available in multiple power levels and are readily available at Lowe's and HD.

http://www.powers.com/pdfs/powder/loads.pdf

RogueTS1

Quote from: JRobyn on February-02-18 12:02
Aren't ".22 Power Loads" for concrete anchor guns the same thing?  I know they are available in multiple power levels and are readily available at Lowe's and HD.

http://www.powers.com/pdfs/powder/loads.pdf

Now that is something I would like to know about. If so there will not be any shortage of CB caps.
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

RogueTS1

Just thought about that ...................... the CB caps have a projectile; the Lowes power shots do not and would be considered blanks at best.
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

Bigbird48

I don't know I found 3 places that sell them with no effort at all and the BB's also

WECSOG

Aguila sells the Colibri and Super Colibri. Both are a low velocity 20 grain pellet; 420 fps for the Colibri and 590 fps for Super Colibri. But they are loaded in Long Rifle cases.
Black Widow convertible
Magnum 1-5/8"
Super Companion 1-5/8"
LR 1-1/8"

ghh3rd

Bigbird48... can you share where?
4 out of 5 doctors agree that playing Russian Roulette with an NAA mini is safe...

ghh3rd

Ouch!  Too expensive - although the thought of trying some CB Caps in the Mini short is appealing, I guess I'll skip that notion.

WECSOG

CB Shorts aren't too bad. I usually buy the CB Longs though. Same thing, except the case is the same length as a LR case.

I actually have a few BB caps. Not planning on shooting them, though.
Black Widow convertible
Magnum 1-5/8"
Super Companion 1-5/8"
LR 1-1/8"

bbgun

Shooting the CB shorts in your LR will leave residue from the end of the short brass to the beginning of the LR brass.  So if you shoot a lot of the shorts you will have trouble inserting the LR rounds.  You might even have to clean the barrel.  Of course I like to throw the cylinder into the air and shoot a round from the rear of the cylinder out through the front of it, which cleans it out.  I do this from a fast draw, as you all know.

Bigbird48

When I looked last week Buds,cabelas and cheapdirt had them don't know if they still do
Quote from: ghh3rd on February-03-18 16:02
Bigbird48... can you share where?

WECSOG

Quote from: bbgun on February-11-18 16:02
Shooting the CB shorts in your LR will leave residue from the end of the short brass to the beginning of the LR brass.  So if you shoot a lot of the shorts you will have trouble inserting the LR rounds.  You might even have to clean the barrel.  Of course I like to throw the cylinder into the air and shoot a round from the rear of the cylinder out through the front of it, which cleans it out.  I do this from a fast draw, as you all know.
What, you can only do one chamber per throw?  :o I wouldn't tell anyone.
You are at least doing this with your backup mini, I hope?  ;) ;D
Black Widow convertible
Magnum 1-5/8"
Super Companion 1-5/8"
LR 1-1/8"

Uncle_Lee

A brass 22 cal brush in a drill will clean the chamber/chambers nice and fast.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

ghh3rd

Big Frontier 45 will remove rings like that with just a few passes. 

Bigbird48

I shoot all five shots up in the air and then throw a ping pong ball at them and hit each bullet before it lands while jumping rope ::)

ikoiko

Yeah, well, I do all of that and more . . . then I wake up.

ghh3rd

It's ok to wake up... just don't look up  :o