Early Bird ll on Gunbroker

Started by Kimber1911, January-21-18 11:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimber1911

Just saw EBll048 on Gunbroker. The bid is $455.00, but the buy it now is $950.00. How high do you think it will go? Let's set back & see. Will keep you posted. FYI, still waiting for mine,  #EB250.                          TTFN     R

MR_22

I saw that. It hasn't met the reserve at $455, but it's got 4 days left.

valkyrie62

There also is a original ranger listed for  Minimum Bid of $3029.00 maybe some my R2 # 129 will command that much cash.   ;)

Kimber1911

Well guys the bid is up to $667.76 with 2 days & 3 hrs to go. The resurve has NOT been met & 4 people have bid. Will keep you posted.   TTFN      R

seak

David Culp

Just curious, does it state what the reserve is?

keithd

He has a buy now price of $950.00
Ranger II EB
Wasp
Black Widow

redhawk4

Unbelievable anyone would pay that much for a Ranger II. It also still irks me that people bought an EB Ranger just to put it on Gunbroker. I'm not against anyone making money, but it is against the spirit of the whole EB program that people get a Ranger with this in mind.
Old Enough to Know Better - Still Too Young to Care

I "Acted the Fool" so often in School they made me get an Equity Card

heyjoe

here is a link for anyone who wants to follow this
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/740046648

it says used condition so it may well be someone who bought one intending to keep it who shot it and just didnt like it or had a problem with it and wants to get rid of it.
It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

MR_22

Quote from: redhawk4 on January-24-18 08:01
Unbelievable anyone would pay that much for a Ranger II.

Especially since it doesn't have the .22LR conversion cylinder. I'm sure it will go higher, though. It's got a day left. Right now it's $705 and the reserve has been met. Even so, there will only be 250 of these EB models--that's fewer than the original Rangers.

45flint

Quote from: heyjoe on January-24-18 08:01
here is a link for anyone who wants to follow this
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/740046648

it says used condition so it may well be someone who bought one intending to keep it who shot it and just didnt like it or had a problem with it and wants to get rid of it.

I agree, if he wanted to get max cash he wouldn't have shot it, just turned it over. 

jerryg22

Quote from: heyjoe on January-24-18 08:01
it says used condition so it may well be someone who bought one intending to keep it who shot it and just didn't like it or had a problem with it and wants to get rid of it.

If you are not a dealer, or the gun has already been transferred from mfr to FFL for transfer to a buyer it must be listed as "used".  You can describe though as "unfired."

MR_22

Quote from: jerryg22 on January-24-18 11:01
If you are not a dealer, or the gun has already been transferred from mfr to FFL for transfer to a buyer it must be listed as "used".  You can describe though as "unfired."

Or you can say LNIB, or like-new in box.

riadat

I just never got excited about the break tops.  Not something you can reload in a gun fight so why bother?

45flint

Quote from: riadat on January-24-18 13:01
I just never got excited about the break tops.  Not something you can reload in a gun fight so why bother?

Its really cool, that simple!  😎

David Culp

Easier reload at the range

Ruger

Quote from: riadat on January-24-18 13:01. . . . .  Not something you can reload in a gun fight so why bother?

I see the Ranger II no harder to load than any other revolver out there, and lots of guys/gals carry revolvers with speed loaders.  I'm not saying it is fast, just that I see no real difference in loading the Break Tops and a standard swing out type revolver. 

Plus, as far as I understand, most gun fights are three shots or less.  If you are in a gun fight where you have to reload, you are in a Sh**Load of trouble at that point.
Never Take anything Too Seriously . .Just Enough Will Do.

45flint

Quote from: Ruger on January-25-18 07:01
Quote from: riadat on January-24-18 13:01. . . . .  Not something you can reload in a gun fight so why bother?

I see the Ranger II no harder to load than any other revolver out there, and lots of guys/gals carry revolvers with speed loaders.  I'm not saying it is fast, just that I see no real difference in loading the Break Tops and a standard swing out type revolver. 

Plus, as far as I understand, most gun fights are three shots or less.  If you are in a gun fight where you have to reload, you are in a Sh**Load of trouble at that point.

They are easier to unload on horseback, just doesn't come up as often as it used to. But have to assume it would be the Calvary's deep hideout gun of choice?

Doc Holliday

I have #34. Unfortunately have not been able to get to the range yet so don't know if the little guy has any problems. Hope not! But if it does, NAA will make it right! I also have a Pug, an EB Sidewinder, an original Mini convertible, and a Black Widow. Did not buy the Ranger II for quick combat reloads..LOL! Just like and collect Break Top Revolvers. Wish I could afford a Taylor's Schofield...but not at present.
Unkei
All would be well and all would be well and all manner of things would be well.

redhawk4

Well if nothing else we can all feel smug about what a good investment our Ranger II's were :)

Kimber1911

Well guys,  it sold for $800.00 in overtime.      :-\         TTFN      R

lign

Unbelievable anyone would pay that much for a Ranger II. It also still irks me that people bought an EB Ranger just to put it on Gunbroker. I'm not against anyone making money, but it is against the spirit of the whole EB program that people get a Ranger with this in mind.
It irks me that multiple people have sent their Ranger II's in for repair and had them come back still not repaired. And how do you know he "bought it just to put in on Gunbroker?" I've had mine for over a week now and NAA is completely shut down for the entire week for the SHOT show so I can't contact them to send my brand new gun back for repair. Honestly, I may put mine on gunbroker after they repair it. If they repair it. Very disappointed because I didn't buy these as a simple novelty to play with and sit in the safe. I intended to use them for their intended purpose: as deadly weapons to protect my life and my family's life. I'm really sorry to say this and I hate to say it, but NAA let me down. And this time you can't say I let myself down...  :-[

Uncle_Lee

They WILL repair your Ranger or replace it.
Every year they shut down for a week for the Shot Show.

God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

Ruger

My wife has had home-based businesses all our married life.  At one point, she was a power seller on E-Bay, during its golden years when they didn't strangle you with fees and the rating system was fair.  It was during that time that we finally came to realize that no matter how you bend over backward, you can always have customers that just remain unsatisfied.  My wife always ran with a 100% rating in thousands of transactions, but one day a buyer purchased an antenna topper.  They received it and immediately demanded a refund.  There was a hole in the bottom of the topper.  This was absolutely unacceptable.  She gave my wife a very unfavorable rating with text that was scathing. Even though it was explained to them that the item is made that way; the small hole in the bottom was where the antenna was to be inserted.  No Matter!  They had purchased the item for an alternate purpose and didn't like the fact that the item would fit into their plans.

Business Rules:
1.  There will always be some you can not satisfy.
2.  You can't change Rule #1

autofull

good one ruger. that is why i will never sell on the bay. i have never had to leave a negative feedback outta 1500 buys. oh, i had problems but the sellers i deal with always made it right. my very first purchase on the bay was a 250 dollar r/c hellicopter which i never recieved and the seller closed his store before i got to call pay pal as he would not respond to my inquires. my bank refunded the money and i took another shot at the bay and all has been well for over 10yrs. if i have a problem with a purchase, which is rare as i now try to purchase from my favorite list of sellers i just contact them and return the item and away we go.  kevin.

Ruger

The reason there are issues in the world . . .

redhawk4

Quote from: lign on January-25-18 23:01
Unbelievable anyone would pay that much for a Ranger II. It also still irks me that people bought an EB Ranger just to put it on Gunbroker.  I'm not against anyone making money, but it is against the spirit of the whole EB program that people get a Ranger with this in mind.
It irks me that multiple people have sent their Ranger II's in for repair and had them come back still not repaired. And how do you know he "bought it just to put in on Gunbroker?" I've had mine for over a week now and NAA is completely shut down for the entire week for the SHOT show so I can't contact them to send my brand new gun back for repair. Honestly, I may put mine on gunbroker after they repair it. If they repair it. Very disappointed because I didn't buy these as a simple novelty to play with and sit in the safe. I intended to use them for their intended purpose: as deadly weapons to protect my life and my family's life. I'm really sorry to say this and I hate to say it, but NAA let me down. And this time you can't say I let myself down...  :-[

Using the defense he's selling it because of problems which were not disclosed in the listing, does not endear me to the seller over someone just making an honest profit. I cannot say what this sellers intentions were at purchase, but it's obvious that some EB's were bought with that in mind as they were on Gunbroker within what must have been hours of receiving them.

However, as one who has, and still is, having problems with the Ranger II I can understand feelings of buyer's remorse and general frustration. I too bought my Ranger II for the purpose you state and it's going to be hard to get enough confidence restored to use it in that role, after the problems so far. In NAA's defense I will say that they did make serious attempts to resolve the issues mine had and replaced parts accordingly, there is definitely no case here of being fobbed off, with a "they all do that" and them being sent back without genuine efforts made.

lign

Hi Guys,
I apologize. I posted late at night and I've had a rough week. I was a bit uncharitable, and I do know what it is like to have things go wrong in business, especially small business. I run a division with 25 employees doing service and installations. The challenge of pleasing American consumers is why I finally decided to stop doing residential work at all.

redhawk, I apologize to you specifically and anyone else I offended. It just hits a nerve because I am considering selling mine with great bitterness. With folks getting guns back from repair that still aren't repaired, I just don't think I will ever have real peace of mind when carrying even if they seem to have it repaired. I have no real access to a range. The closest one is an hour away. I can pop off 10 or 15 shots but even that risks having the neighbors call the cops. I love the awesome folks on this board and if I do decide to sell, I don't want anyone to think I bought them to sell. I didn't, and I don't want to. But I'm considering it. I will keep my other NAA's the rest of my life.

A long time ago, I carried a KelTec P3AT. I loved it and routinely put 50-100 rounds through it. Trouble was, every once in a great while, it would jam. Nothing wrong with the gun. Maybe it was me. Nearly all ultra-compact semi-auto guns that push the design limits do that. I carried it for a long time but I stopped due to that nagging thought at the back of my mind that it would fail me when I needed it.

I do believe that NAA will do everything in their power to make it right. I really believe they are that kind of company. I just hope and pray that it is in their power. Sometimes it's not. I've had to refund a customer's money and eat all the labor, time, and material more than once when we couldn't make them happy. We didn't have to, but we did. It is too early to tell and I guess I should be more patient. It's just that being a gun (as opposed to any other product/widget) makes the stakes so much higher. 

redhawk4

Quote from: lign on January-26-18 17:01
Hi Guys,
I apologize. I posted late at night and I've had a rough week. I was a bit uncharitable, and I do know what it is like to have things go wrong in business, especially small business. I run a division with 25 employees doing service and installations. The challenge of pleasing American consumers is why I finally decided to stop doing residential work at all.

redhawk, I apologize to you specifically and anyone else I offended. It just hits a nerve because I am considering selling mine with great bitterness. With folks getting guns back from repair that still aren't repaired, I just don't think I will ever have real peace of mind when carrying even if they seem to have it repaired. I have no real access to a range. The closest one is an hour away. I can pop off 10 or 15 shots but even that risks having the neighbors call the cops. I love the awesome folks on this board and if I do decide to sell, I don't want anyone to think I bought them to sell. I didn't, and I don't want to. But I'm considering it. I will keep my other NAA's the rest of my life.

A long time ago, I carried a KelTec P3AT. I loved it and routinely put 50-100 rounds through it. Trouble was, every once in a great while, it would jam. Nothing wrong with the gun. Maybe it was me. Nearly all ultra-compact semi-auto guns that push the design limits do that. I carried it for a long time but I stopped due to that nagging thought at the back of my mind that it would fail me when I needed it.

I do believe that NAA will do everything in their power to make it right. I really believe they are that kind of company. I just hope and pray that it is in their power. Sometimes it's not. I've had to refund a customer's money and eat all the labor, time, and material more than once when we couldn't make them happy. We didn't have to, but we did. It is too early to tell and I guess I should be more patient. It's just that being a gun (as opposed to any other product/widget) makes the stakes so much higher.

Lign, don't worry I wasn't offended in the slightest and could tell from the tone of your post that you were just frustrated and that the Ranger issue might just be the "straw breaking the camels back" on top of other things. I fairly relaxed over the whole Ranger thing at the moment because I have plenty of other guns and other things to contend with which have distracted me. I also have the benefit of living near the factory. I do however recall how mad I was with my Ruger LCP quite a few years back when they first came out and called it all the names under the sun, so I know how it feels.

RogueTS1

Mine as well as my Sidewinder work just fine.................... I actually have not shot either one yet and do not know when I will so at the moment I am ever so satisfied with them. I believe I have fallen into the Uncle Lee boat on these two.  ::)
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

Gobbletn

Quote from: lign on January-25-18 23:01

I totally understand the frustration. On Monday I will be shipping back my second NAA. A Pug. (See post "New Pug problems")... So I will have 2 new guns back at NAA being worked on. I understand the Ranger ll EB program and problems do come up with such, but I feel very "unlucky" at the moment. Im trying to hang in there and be a team player. I do feel the frustration as I'm sure many of us do, but truly excited and optimistic that they are able to repair both Guns.  I  hope I'm just "unlucky" and not the poster child for a slip in quality control at the factory... 😕
Not sure why, but Dad always said "Shoot Straight" before every hunt

Bigbird48

I see the one oh GB now is up to 1025, thing is how he worded the sales pitch, says how few EB's were released and how sought after they are but his Serial # is a BTN not an EBII pretty shady IMO ::)

MR_22

Quote from: Bigbird48 on February-16-18 08:02
I see the one oh GB now is up to 1025, thing is how he worded the sales pitch, says how few EB's were released and how sought after they are but his Serial # is a BTN not an EBII pretty shady IMO ::)

Yeah, good point. On the other hand, auction sites are always "buyer beware" and you have to do your own research to know what you're getting. Relying entirely upon the seller for all information is probably not wise. Even so, misleading comments are frustrating and can lead to reports to the hosting site or negative feedback.

redhawk4

Quote from: MR_22 on February-16-18 09:02
Quote from: Bigbird48 on February-16-18 08:02

Yeah, good point. On the other hand, auction sites are always "buyer beware" and you have to do your own research to know what you're getting. Relying entirely upon the seller for all information is probably not wise. Even so, misleading comments are frustrating and can lead to reports to the hosting site or negative feedback.

The real crux of the matter is whether it's deliberately misleading, or an error based on ignorance - it's still buyer beware and you should always do your own due diligence.