cerakoted naa

Started by sillygoose, February-16-18 08:02

Previous topic - Next topic

sillygoose

this looks so cool I don't know who owns it I seen it online but its pretty awesome

MR_22

That's certainly an unusual piece. I wonder what grip that is? Did they Cerakote a wooden one or is it custom? Thanks for sharing this!

sillygoose

I wondered about the grips myself/ I'm not sure

grayelky

Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

redhawk4

I'm reluctant to comment about it based on the furore that developed many years ago over one done in yellow and black. Personally, I find it hideous and cannot understand why anyone would do that to a Stainless Steel gun. I guess it's the need to make it look like plastic, where as I grew up with metal and wood being king. I don't understand flat paint on cars or motorcycles either - each to their own :)
Old Enough to Know Better - Still Too Young to Care

I "Acted the Fool" so often in School they made me get an Equity Card

heyjoe

Quote from: redhawk4 on February-16-18 11:02
I'm reluctant to comment about it based on the furore that developed many years ago over one done in yellow and black. Personally, I find it hideous and cannot understand why anyone would do that to a Stainless Steel gun. I guess it's the need to make it look like plastic, where as I grew up with metal and wood being king. I don't understand flat paint on cars or motorcycles either - each to their own :)

haha....i guess that concept didnt take off i dont see any bumble bee guns out there.
It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

glenn

I'm going to make a guess ... the owner of that mini, owns a car with painted AC vents .. black wheels .. & he had to remove the spare from the trunk so his speakers & amp would fit.
Just a guess mind you ...

g

Proud Untermenschen of the NWO

PaducahMichael

Me too.

Reminds me of the story of the Olympic gold medal winner - his mom was so proud of the medal she had it bronzed!
"The world is made for people who aren't cursed with self awareness."

smokeless joe

Now if it were all black including the grip I'd be on board. Not of fan of the two tone.

redhawk4

Quote from: glenn on February-16-18 14:02

I'm going to make a guess ... the owner of that mini, owns a car with painted AC vents .. black wheels .. & he had to remove the spare from the trunk so his speakers & amp would fit.
Just a guess mind you ...

g

Sounds about right :)

Bigbird48

Well to each his own I guess but I think all black would be beter :)

Mr.Mini

Definitely "tacticool". Something I can't see myself doing, but I can appreciate the work that went into doing it. I'd like to see it in person.

Uncle_Lee

I think it is different..
Not for me  but different.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

Ruger

I like it!  But I am in the stainless and rosewood club myself.
Never Take anything Too Seriously . .Just Enough Will Do.

Rigemortis

I really like this one. I have had a screen shot of it saved on my phone for a while. The problem with it is the stainless is just sexy on its own. Maybe if I had an extra one. Plus it's supposed to be a big pain to take the appart. It also left me wishing titanium nitride came in more colors than gold and black. Does cerekote hold up really good if applied well?

Canoeal

I looked at this several times now, but no, it is not my style.
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

franco22

It's not for me either but I'll bet the owner is happy with it. That's all that counts.

Bigbird48

I'm not thrilled with a two tone mini but I have looked at the charter Arms colored revolvers and some are pretty cool. I also have a SCCY 9 in BLK WHT which I like . I guess its just what blows your dress up  ::)

postalman

It looks like something Mattel would make for the cap gun crowd.   :o
"Let the gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks."- Thomas Jefferson

Ruger

I once saw a red Delorian.  Could imagine why the owner would do that.  Had to be due to an accident that would not allow them to restore the brushed finish.
Never Take anything Too Seriously . .Just Enough Will Do.

RangerJim

Well, I gotta be honest ...  I really like it.  I wouldn't do it to my own beautiful minis, but I like it.   ;D

BTW ...  I think this might be the belt buckle mini, because the grips seem to look the same as the one on that model (see pic), but I'm not positive.  Either way, I do like the contrasting tones.
So, making guns illegal will take them off the street?
Perfect!  We should probably make heroine and meth illegal, too!

Oddball

Just what I need. A tiny revolver painted in muted colors. I'd definitely misplace it and not find it for months.

Bigbird48

Yea you drop it in the fall woods and its gone forever  :(

Rick_Jorgenson

I have seen Cerakote scratched on most guns that come in the shop that are not "safe queens". 

They might not have been a good  Cerakote job but, you can save some money,  use spray paint at home for a lot less and touch it up as often as you want.

I had this Black Widow done at Robar ind./CTI Coatings  they are next door to my shop.   

https://robarguns.com/custom-firearm-finishes/

http://coatingtechnologiesinc.com

Very happy with it. I use it for holster fitting all day and carry it all the time.  Not a single scuff on it.

Rick Jorgenson

johnctiman

Love the black .....

this is one of mine  ...

redhawk4

Quote from: Ruger on February-17-18 11:02
I once saw a red Delorian.  Could imagine why the owner would do that.  Had to be due to an accident that would not allow them to restore the brushed finish.

Some people painted them because the Stainless Steel wasn't easy to keep looking as it should, the idea was better than the reality, which pretty much summed up the whole car.

smokeless joe

Quote from: johnctiman on February-21-18 06:02
Love the black .....

this is one of mine  ...
Good guys wear black!

Uncle_Lee

John
That setup is beautiful.
Envy..
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

PaducahMichael

Quote from: redhawk4 on February-21-18 10:02

Some people painted them because the Stainless Steel wasn't easy to keep looking as it should, the idea was better than the reality, which pretty much summed up the whole car.

Looked good on paper - didn't make it in the real world. But it sure was fast!

"The world is made for people who aren't cursed with self awareness."

Bigbird48

Thats because their all in the future real world  ::)
Quote from: PaducahMichael on February-22-18 06:02
Quote from: redhawk4 on February-21-18 10:02

Looked good on paper - didn't make it in the real world. But it sure was fast!

Canoeal

I think the reason I don't care for it is the I grew up in a word of metal revolvers, and all the 'nice ones were either plated or SS. I don't really even care for Blued steel (except in long guns) although that is certainly better looking than any polymer, plastic or composite; what ever you want to call it. Look at the Guardians and they look better than an LCP, M&P Keltec...etc.. I just can't get into them. To me it looks cheap, and I understand it is cheaper to make, but I am not a fan. JMO...
Always thinking, Al
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke