Anyone seeing any trends in Gun Sales.

Started by redhawk4, March-06-18 10:03

Previous topic - Next topic

redhawk4

I've seen nothing in the media regarding gun sales, but did buy a gun recently from Buds before they added a Warning to their site that high volumes are causing shipping delays. I still don't have a tracking # for mine so it seems they are definitely busy at present based on other orders I've placed.

It appears from previous high profile mass shootings and other acts of firearm violence, that despite the fear mongering and cries to ban guns, a lot of people, having reflected on the matter, conclude that having the means to control their own safety is the best solution in the imperfect world we live in, and choose to purchase a firearm. Others buy fearing a ban or shortage.

I've not heard anything so far this time, I also notice the race to ban things has also gone from the" front pages" in the media that I see, at least.

Anyone hearing any trends?
Old Enough to Know Better - Still Too Young to Care

I "Acted the Fool" so often in School they made me get an Equity Card

Ruger

No trends, but I agree, a mass shooting does always seem to make the sale of firearms more robust.

I remember the old story of the owner of the glass shop that bought two young wayward lads Bb guns on a Friday night.  The car windshield replacement business picked up on Monday.

Now I'm not trying to correlate the two by any means . . .It just came to mind, that's all.
Never Take anything Too Seriously . .Just Enough Will Do.

pietro

The only trend I'm aware of is the fact that I don't have the disposable income I once had, to buy guns........... ;)

Be careful if you follow the masses - Sometimes the M is silent

LHB

Saw that Brownells has a warning about slow shipping due to high demand, and they have sold out of some magazines.  Also, item from the NRA about the big two search engines on the internet. Bing and Google, will not show you anything if you type in AR-15, and then hit shop.

linux_author

Wall Street Journal yesterday had a piece on 'muted' gun sales - in other words, sales did not skyrocket due to all the recent bloviating by politicians and mis-directed public anger which i think should focus on the failure of government, not on the NRA

one quote:

"We are not going to lose our firearms rights in this administration," said Andy Hallinan, the owner of Florida Gun Supply in Inverness, Fla. "Nobody is worried about buying guns."

personally, i did my part and went out and bought another pistol at a LGS

willie
on the full-carry Gulf of Mexico

Uncle_Lee

Gun owners are not so afraid with President Trump at the wheel.

I said "so afraid".
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

redhawk4

I agree that there seems to be a "confidence" that not much if anything is going to happen which was absent during the Obama years. I was surprised when making my latest purchase of an AR how many were available and that 30 round mags were readily available, although as I said in another thread mine is a Varmint model so it comes with a 5 round magazine which is just fine for my needs ;) I was just looking at the higher capacity ones, purely out of academic interest to see if they were still available for those who want them ;) There also seem to be no rush on ammunition, I usually use the Walmart ammo display to monitor this a huge selection of 223 and 5.56 ammo in the case yesterday.

Lets just hope that confidence doesn't turn out to be misplaced although I feel "confident" that things have settled for now until unfortunately another incident will inevitably occur.

Texduk3

I bought a .357 revolver from Buds, right before the school shooting,
however,
my son owns an AK-47,
and now has ramped up
his desire to build an AR,  as he already has some parts.
So,   is there an upswing in gun purchases ??   
Not here, as it has never stopped.

Come and Take it
"God and Guns"
"Lets Go Brandon"

RogueTS1

Quote from: LHB on March-06-18 21:03
Saw that Brownells has a warning about slow shipping due to high demand, and they have sold out of some magazines.  Also, item from the NRA about the big two search engines on the internet. Bing and Google, will not show you anything if you type in AR-15, and then hit shop.

Yep; you are correct ...................... comes up as not matching anything for AR 15. Who would have thought?
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

redhawk4

I don't have any trouble searching information about AR15's based on just attempting it now. Are you saying they are blocking the search engine?

LHB

No, only if you click on shop, as if looking to buy one.

redhawk4

OK, I don't see a shop button so must be doing something different which really makes what they are attempting even more worthless.

RogueTS1

Redhawk; do a google search for AR 15. Then at the top next to "All", "Images" and "Map" you will see a tag for "Shopping." Hit the shopping tag and it will come up as "Your search - AR 15 - did not match any shopping results."
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

redhawk4

Quote from: RogueTS1 on March-09-18 12:03
Redhawk; do a google search for AR 15. Then at the top next to "All", "Images" and "Map" you will see a tag for "Shopping." Hit the shopping tag and it will come up as "Your search - AR 15 - did not match any shopping results."

I see that now, I've never ever used that tab to search for anything, it doesn't take me where I want to go. Given it can all be done the other way it's really pointless, but I suppose it keeps the libs feeling good. It's hardly going to work , particularly for the demographic they are concerned about. Out of interest I typed in RPG and it came up with results albeit for models or replicas. It also seems you cannot search Ruger, Bushmaster and a few others under shopping either.

Bigbird48

search AR-15 for sale and pages will come up ;D

redhawk4

I'm noticing 223 Remington and 5.56 x 45 ammo moving off the shelves quickly in gun stores, and some empty spaces, although on line it's still abundant and well priced.

bearcatter

I know the apparent increase in nut job shootings got me to thinking about being able to do 365 carry more easily. Resulted in purchase of my Guardian 32 a little sooner than I'd planned. There must be others thinking the same.
"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

Warthog

Well, I know most folks think Trump will keep a lid on things even with the shootings but eventually the people, who can't bear to think on their own, will watch the news and start feeling that guns need more regulation.  I already know how this will be received but the GOA and the NRA both need to get their acts together and keep on top of this stuff.  So if you can, give some money to them both, please don't forget the GOA.  Then be ready to lobby your reps and senators,local and federal, so that we can make them see we don't need more regulations, we need better education of the young so they know that guns can kill and it isn't all a video game.
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

redhawk4

Quote from: bearcatter on May-13-18 08:05
I know the apparent increase in nut job shootings got me to thinking about being able to do 365 carry more easily. Resulted in purchase of my Guardian 32 a little sooner than I'd planned. There must be others thinking the same.

I think everytime there is an act of terrorism, or some mass shooting, many people eventually, after the initial emotions have died down, come to the conclusion it's better to be armed yourself than a helpless victim using your body to try and shield your loved ones.

Warthog

Except a Liberal who fears guns like the gun itself could shoot a person.  People are not as smart as they once were in this country.
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein