Thoughts on new Black Widow

Started by RICKS PLACE, March-02-18 16:03

Previous topic - Next topic

RICKS PLACE

Drove to town and got my new B-W convertible  today, ordered it 10 days ago in Austin, Tx.   Out of the box, compared it to my 10 year old B-W. New one is very tight, hammer harder to cock, remove cylinder, pn  and hard to put on the safety notch.  Trigger very stiff, hard to let off half cock.  I do not dry fire it.  Taking in consideration, my old one has been shot, cleaned, oiled, many times and is well broken in.  Guess I will start the oiling and cylinder rotation work out, cocking the weapon about 100 times and setting up my garage bullet trap later to shoot some low velocity shorts thru it.  I have used "break Free" lube for this for many years, anything new on the market that might work better?  If so, please let me know.  I do like the new fixed sights with the white dots. Main reason I bought the new one.   Much better than my old red painted front sight.

Ruger

Nothing better than a new toy . . . enjoy!
Never Take anything Too Seriously . .Just Enough Will Do.

grayelky

Now you have the new and improved version, when it gets limbered up a bit, wanna sell your old, beat up wore out one?
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

smokeless joe

I love my Black Widow as well. It's not my normal edc NAA but I do throw it in the pocket for the day a couple times a month. Today was one of those days. Enjoy your new purchase.

Uncle_Lee

Congrats on the new BW.
It will loosen up as you shoot it.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

Bigbird48

Your gonna love havin that with you, mines always with me ;D Like the American Express card ;D

JRobyn

For many years, I have REALLY liked GunSlik grease for any of those moving parts that don't need to move real fast and might be subject to significant loads.  It is a very light-bodied moly grease.  Stays where you put it.  Never hardens (at least not after several years).  The tiniest amount will do.

RICKS PLACE

As for as my "old, wore out, beat up" B-W is concerned, didn't know you could wear out a B-W.  This is my third B-W, my son has carried my first one during the 10 years I have had my 2nd one.  Not sure how many years I packed the first one.  Doubt I will have my 2nd one for much longer once my grandson finds out about the new one.   He intends to get his CHL this year.  Both the older B-Ws have had use, still like new.  I started packing a Mini longer back than I can put a date on.  My first was a 22 LR Mini, I remember it had the safety notches, would fit in the button shirt pocket of my uniform wrapped in a folded piece of very thin soft leather.  This was before my department allowed a "back up" of any kind.