Snake shot

Started by thebeat, June-14-18 14:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle Fatso

Pic of the last one I killed, on the porch at our cabin a couple days ago.
Wish I could figure out how to turn it right side up, but was darn lucky to get it to post at all from this old phone.

Uncle Fatso

Another view.

I get the impression some of you doubt the effectiveness of the .22 magnum snake loads. The first shot pretty much immobilized him.  I shot him a couple more times to be sure. ;)

Canoeal

Doubt snake shot on snakes? It was made for it. Big Pythons? ...no... Critters beyond the size of a squirrel... not so much. Then it is your carry ammo. I carry the snake round last in my gun...But it is there.
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

miker

Great pic!  So what was the approx distance from your muzzle to the snake's head?

miker

Uncle Fatso

Roughly 5 or 6 feet.

top dog

Uncle Fatso,
My impression is .......................YIPES!!!!
Severak friends iof mine,over the years and not in my area,have had encounters with snakes such like yours on their friont porch or by the shed.

Needless to say,the experience was ...........interesting!!

Top Dog

cbl51

Thank you, Uncle Fatso!

One thing I learned early on with small pocket guns, if one shot isn't enough, that's what you have a second and third shot for.  ;D

Other thing nice abut mini's, you can carry one with just some CCI stingers and the other with just CCI snake shot. You can deal with a couple snakes that way. Use as many shots as you have to.  ;)